DS Seats
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: DS Seats

Default DS Seats

This is one for all you anoraks out there...

I'm just checking the seats on my 69 21 and just want to make sure they are indeed the original pallas seats - or are at least the 'correct' pallas seats. There is a possibility they have been changed over time.

I'm 95% sure the are - 65mm higher backrest, dial indicator for backrest (first in 69) and they feel and appear identical to the seats in my 71 pallas. The base on a pallas seat feels firmer and more plush than that of a DSpecial, Super or DS.

But I'd like to be totally sure if I can before I put the new covers on.

There is a paper tag inside the seat which reads :

Serie 219
    D AV PAC

Does this help with identificaton...?

Many Thanks,

Mark...

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by ds21bvh View Post

I'm just checking the seats on my 69 21 and just want to make sure they are indeed the original pallas seats - or are at least the 'correct' pallas seats. There is a possibility they have been changed over time.

I'm 95% sure the are - 65mm higher backrest, dial indicator for backrest (first in 69) and they feel and appear identical to the seats in my 71 pallas. The base on a pallas seat feels firmer and more plush than that of a DSpecial, Super or DS.

Serie 219
    D AV PAC

Many Thanks,

Mark...
    Hi Mark,

While definitely not being an "anorak" by any stretch of the imagination, I think one way is to look at the seat back. The parts book for 66-69 cars shows Pallas models with two ash trays, all other models only one. Pallas seats should have two chromed ash trays built into the back. Non Pallas models should only have one and it typically should be on the passenger seat and be trimmed in plastic. RHD cars may be different regarding placement.

Steve

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ds21bvh View Post

Serie 219
    D AV PAC

Many Thanks,

Mark...

Hi Mark,

Same here, not anorak wearing. But definitely 69 DS21 should have a "molette" (dial) instead of a "tirette" (lever) to adjust the seat back. Also I'm sure you already know the Pallas bears 2 chrome ashtrays in the rear, one on the left of left seat and one on the right of right seat.
    I don't think other models had 2 but not sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS Seats-blanc%2520int%2520gris%252069.jpg  
    Last edited by harrisson_citroen; 12th January 2012 at 08:02 PM.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Tadpole

Certainly the DS has only one ashtray (on the back RHS seat) so "ordinary D`s are going to be the same if they have any at all.

Hi Steve, Phil and alfavirusnz,

Many thanks for your replies...

Both seats have stainless ashtrays and are a matched pair, the also have the dial adjuster for the rear squab. They also measure up as Pallas seats. They have been retrimmed and all the original material is gone from the seat backs.

I am 95% sure they are correct - I just wondered if the tag would provide some surety....

I had some slight doubts as neither seat has a height adjuster (an option I know - but I've not seen a Pallas without at least the drivers seat height adjustable) and the later seats in even the DSpecial are the same height as a Pallas seat.

All the best,

Mark....

Mark the height adjusters were a bolt on fitting between the seat and body cross member in place of the standard slider mechanism and not integral to the seat itself. It looks like you have a pair of Pallas seats which have lost the correct mountings, or possibly they were not a standard fitting on a '69 Pallas.
    I am sure someone will find you a height adjustable slider if you need one, an easy swap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS Seats-pallas-seats.jpg  
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Hi Mark

I, too an trying to identify the correct seats for my '69 DS20 Pallas. My car has been a 'work in progress' for the past three owners so I'm not certain that the seats that came with it are in fact the originals? They are velour covered and have the rotating knob to adjust the back, and they definitely are Pallas seats (judging by the Pallas fabric and two ashtrays), however they are fractionally lower and thinner in the back rest than the seats of, say the 1970 vintage onwards D's that I've owned. In saying that, they are not as low or thin as the early model seats either; they appear to be somewhere in between? I made various inquiries around the world and it does seem that there was a crossover somewhere around 1969?
    I was hoping to fit headrests but there is no provision.

Thread Information