DS Christmas
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: DS Christmas

mnm

Default DS Christmas

Greetings all and HO! HO! HO!

I'm jetting off to Spain for Christmas so before I go I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Thank you all for your support/advice/opinions/humour over the last 12 months. I have enjoyed it all immensley.

I have a couple of pics for you.. Christmas came early this year!!

I picked up some GH side strips for the DecidedlySpecial which will mount below the crease line, ending at the tip of the rear bumper.. that way I keep my Special rear reflectors.. hee heee.. clever Santa!!

Rear view mirror..for MY model..ie mounts to the dash, bling for the height selector, heater control cover.. look! the plastic is still on the red and blue strip!! Oh and ONE Italian indicator with clear lens and stainless steel surround.. hmm.. a work in progress.

Advertisement

Anyway, I hope Santa is as generous to you and yours. Travel safe and stay tuned for more exciting developments next year.

Take care

Matthew

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS Christmas-100_0710.jpg   DS Christmas-100_0712.jpg  

The GH strip set is both rare practical on a day to day basis and a tasteful addition to your D.
    Well done Matthew, your late night sleuthing in far flung hotel outposts has paid off handsomely.

Have a wonderful time away and we'll look forward to more bling in the New Year.
    Last edited by richo; 17th December 2011 at 05:06 PM.

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Greetings all and HO! HO! HO!

I'm jetting off to Spain for Christmas so before I go I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Thank you all for your support/advice/opinions/humour over the last 12 months. I have enjoyed it all immensley.

Matthew
    Good on ya' Matthew,
    I've really enjoyed your contagious passion and enthusiasm for DecidedlySpecial over the last 12 months, it will indeed be a unique car when you have completed your makeover.

Enjoy your break, look forward to seeing what surprises you have in store for us in 2012

All the best for Christmas and the New Year

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Best wishes for Christmas and have a great New Year Matthew. Oh and also have a great time in Spain,methinks you are turning your Decidedly Special into a Deliciously Sublime car,what with all the stuff you keep finding for her . Cheers Joe
    1975 Citroen DS 23 Pallas

Fellow Frogger! CorneSoutAfrica's Avatar

Merry Christmas Matthew

Where on this lovely earth did you find that GH strips?? Awesome!! I like the italian clear corners with the orange spot, I got full clrear corners for my Safari, really does something for a DS somehow!!

Enjoy your holiday!! Mostly one needs to break away from day to day life to get perspective again!!

Enjoy

Cheers
    Corne
    1968 ID21 break
    1971 DS21 IE BVH Rouge de grenade (Madamoiselle Rouge)
    1974 DS Pallas Sable metalisse My first restoration (Edith) Now BVH
    1973 DS pallas Metallic red. "Rusty"

1947 Traction Avant

Modern

2006 C4 VTS 180 Coupe

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
    - Vincent van Gogh

mnm

Thanks guys

I'm visiting my brother in Spain... he's been spotting the odd 2CV van where he lives.. just south of Valencia so will be doing a little Citroen spotting while there.. I've been trying to convince him to but one as he is a keen gardener and needs a practical utility vehicle..hmmmm.. I'll keep working on him.

Matthew

mnm

Here we go! Perfect.. one for the manure and a Black DS for the shopping! Ole!!

Matthew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS Christmas-2536695439_a67d7aa2f0_b.jpg  

Thread Information