BX16V dashboard lights
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    123

    Default BX16V dashboard lights

    Greetings friendly froggers,
    In my quest to make the McLeod spec Valver pass the roadworthy, I've been replacing dash lights, but 2 problems have come up:
    The polarity of the LEDs has come into question, which is easily fixed, however I am not sure which holes correspond to which lights, and also which ones need not be filled. In combination this has made the job quite difficult to complete.
    Is there anyone who already has a picture/diagram of the correct positions of the lights, or someone willing to make one?

    Many Thanks

    Advertisement
    '92 BX 16Valve (Bathurst 12 Hr edition)
    '93 BX 16Valve (Bathurst 12 Hr edition)
    '01 406 Coupe 3.0L V6 Manual

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Sounds like an exciting quest! Why not start a project thread in the restoration/project section?

    I had my instrument binnacle out about a fortnight ago to replace bulbs, all though that doesn't help us much now.

    I need replace some in my TZi so I might line that up for this weekend, I'll take some pictures for you if I do get around to it.

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Thanks Frog - hopefully it is just the LEDs in the wrong way around - I have compared to to the other 16v we have, but some still aren't working as expected.
    Fortunately it's not so much a resto job as a bunch of little things that need to be fixed since the last time it was registered (speedo cable, high level brake light, sunvisor clips, dash lights and a top up of the good green stuff)
    On a similar note, a piece of moulding trim has fallen off the doors, wondering if there's any recommendations on what to use to re-attach it. Frankly I'm surprised it came off given the god-like grip that the factory adhesive seemed to have on the skirts of a previous car

    Cheers

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    123

    Default

    The dash lights were a pretty straightforward fix, one in the wrong spot and 2 LEDs wrongly oriented. Gave her a top up of the good green stuff last night and all seems hunky-dory. Now the only problems I have are reverse lights not working even after switching globes (going to check the gearbox plug shortly), and losing the sunvisor retaining clip (not a sunroofed car, so it's just a strip of plastic with 2 knobs on it). I think after that she's ready for a roadworthy check. On a similar note, do any Canberra froggers have a recommendation for a good place to get one done? Lanyon Service Centre, who have done all our Cits and a couple others, are no longer doing them

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Hi again,
    Perhaps a couple of you have seen me out and about in the BX, although it failed it's roadworthy last week I'm taking it in tomorrow having fixed the following (got a week's UVP for it):
    Removed rear window tint - much more time consuming than it sounds
    Hooked up/replaced fog lights
    Installed a relay for each washer bottle pump so that they now work
    Shortened and secured a splitting return line that managed to spread LHM into just about every corner of the engine bay
    Tightened the handbrake
    Replaced front tyres
    Very frustrating for it to fail on so many little things, however I think it's now pretty solid. Unfortunately the speedo cable still isn't functioning perfectly - I've probably traveled 80 kms in the car, but the trip meter is only reading ~25 and at 80km/h it flickers up to indicated 40 and back to 20 again. I'm finding this a problem because I need to record the kms I do for work.
    The problem is that the plastic 'clamp' on the end of the cable has broken in half and allows the cable to retreat ever so slightly away from the dash - enough of course for it not to work. Our original fix was to get some fencing wire and tie the two together, unfortunately the couple of mm gap is still enough to cause this problem.
    During my web searches I've seen mention of putting a small o-ring somewhere on or inside the spindle on the back of the dash. Alan S seemed to be at least familiar with this fix, but does anyone have further information on what size o-ring and where exactly it should go (pics would be beyond awesome)?

    Cheers
    Rob

  6. #6
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    I hope you only tightened the handbrake by running the engine and holding your foot firmly on the brake for 30 seconds or so with handbrake off. This just winds the brake pistons in a little more. Works on XMs and Xantias too.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Hi Craig,
    We did it the Haynes BOFT way - the alleged automatic adjustment didn't seem to work so brought the HB up 4 clicks and adjusted the nuts at the calipers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •