Blu Esky thinking
  • Register
  • Help

Default Blu Esky thinking

It's is coming up to the time where I am thinking about a second car for the business.

It needs to be something of the 30s, and I think image wise another traction would be best - that way people get a traction no matter what. The only other car I am considering is a Pug 202, which also looks older than it is.

But thinking along a course less travelled, woulds this

and this
    marry without serious issues?

Advertisement

Idea would be to leave the bodywork "original" and put in a slightly more modern engine/gearbox - this one is a 63ID. Has anyone here tried it? My main concerns are - length from front axle to firewall, and the mounts - do these go on a silentblock?

Pretty basic questions I know, but I never claimed to be a mechanic...

DS

That is not a 1963 ID19 engine/gearbox. Thats a later short stroke engine/gearbox. Never seen one of them in a Traction. Have seen lots of ID19 engine/gearboxed Tractions though!
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

What are the sills like on that car ?? I'd beg/pay someone that knows tractions well to check it for me ( as I know nothing about there problem areas).

Your picture is a short stroke motor with the later wider gearbox. Pretty sure these won't fit.

If you join Citroen classic club. I'm pretty sure they had the 4spd conversion kits in the club shop.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

the car in the picture is a big15, it is 9 inches wider than a light 15, and should have enough space for the

pictured short stroke motor and wider gearbox. you may have to adapt the driveshafts, and change the engine suspension, but that wont be hard.

the hardest part of the conversion is the gearchange mechanism, there are various ways of doing it, its not overly difficult for someone with some fabrication skills.

it all comes down to how much time, money and expertise you have to put into the car, its all possible to do

i have some pics of the ex Jack Weaver racing light 15 shown at the recent concourse which has the short stroke motor mated to an early gearbox and very nicely done.

4 speed gear boxes are about Ä3000, and you have to have a donor gearbox. They're asking Ä5000 for the car and Ä500 for the engine /gearbox. Main consideration for me would be keeping it sounding like a 1953 TA.

It would probably be an easier task to buy a TA in decent condition from the UK - they are comparatively cheap there, but having already imported one car from the UK to France I am hesitant to do it again....

I have no expertise, but I have a man who does... At the moment he is looking for a gearbox for my my TA: once he finds the right box he says it will take him a week for a rebuild. After that he has to rebuild his 2CV, but I don't think he has the inclination to do his own 11C, 11F or any of the 7's in his back yard (3 for sure, but I did see another bonnet poking out of the grass in the "7" part of the yard, so that could be 4). Just as well his wife enjoys the ride in the 11bl cabriolet.

This one could be a lot less work
    http://www.lacentrale.fr/auto-occasi...-15038334.html

1911 cc id motors are relatively easy to fit, the short stroke motors are more of a challenge.

Get the underside checked thoroughly. In theory anything can be welded but in practice once the section under the doors has gone especially around the pillar it is easier to look for another car. My first Traction subjected to English salted roads, broke in two at the pillar crossing a humpback bridge.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Fellow Frogger!

wow looks like a nice car at a reasonable price

Thread Information