Alphonse Moves at Last
  • Register
  • Help

Default Alphonse Moves at Last

Don't get too excited. Alphonse the Slough 2CV is yet to begin his long road to being back on the road, but the longest journey starts with but one step, and that step was today taken.

We've bought a new house elsewhere in Melbourne and took possession last Friday.

Today's task (with the help of Numbers 1 and 2 sons) was to re-locate not only Alphonse to the New Shed pending future work, but also to move Moby Dick over there to keep him company.

I couldn't resist towing the 2CV there behind the DS.

The long story is that a couple of the progeny are occupying the new house while we get the existing domicile on the market. Part of the deal is to house the Classics while the current garage gets sorted out and gradually transferred.

Advertisement

A long slow process but ultimately (I Hope!) rewarding.

So here are a couple of piccies for posterity.

Cheers, Pottsy

(Oh and the dog is a miniature Foxy called Jack. His offsider [busy with a bone at photo time] is a Jack Russell called Dora. Confused? You and me both! They both belong to son & daughter in law)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alphonse Moves at Last-heading-new-home-2.jpg   Alphonse Moves at Last-new-home-now.jpg   Alphonse Moves at Last-new-home-now-2.jpg   Alphonse Moves at Last-new-home-now-3.jpg  
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

2018 C3 Shine ("Oscar" Mrs P's)
    1974 D Special Manual Sedan ("Moby Dick")
    2006 C5 HDI Wagon Auto ("Mephistopheles")
    1982 2CV6 ("Gaston") On the road! (Woohoo!)
    1957 Slough 2CV ("Alphonse") Waiting in the wings
    1975 GS Pallas ("GiSelle") Also waiting in the wings
    And for Fun, 1968 Mini Deluxe ("The R & D'luxe" 1078cc, Grin Factor 100!)

Fellow Frogger!

Default Shedding

Seriously,

Well done on the purchase and good luck with your plans for the Citroen palace /pallas?

On the lighter side!!!

Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear!

I look at those photos and I know that there is a problem.

Fortunately, not for the two dogs. They seem to be well catered for with the space on RHS. For some, love comes later in life!

How can you fit THREE Citroens* in that space? (not to mention (dis)associted parts)

Will you run a log like Shane recording the consequetive days on/off the road? Big numbers I think!

*2CV/DS?Xantia

I could post a tacky comment about future erections to cover your fleet. I won't as that would be beneath my dignity.

Back to my job now, writing reports, after a week-long fully expenses paid, stress relieving "holiday" in Wantirna!

All the best

David

New house or new shed?
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Dave, it's quite simple, the dogs live in the backyard, not the Shed!. And anyway, Zaphod only sees covered areas when he's having medical procedures, othertimes he lives under the big blue sky. The are shown in the photos is ideally only going to be used for minor maintenance procedures and storage of toys. Serious stuff will be undertaken in the future expansion planned. (Oh, and the dogs are cute, but they're definitely not staying long term!)

Glad the stay in Wantirna wasn't more serious, but unfortunately wake up calls like that come to us all at the stage of life we're now in. The only solution is to adopt the McAdam view of life. "We're here for a good time not a long time!"

John, yes to both hopefully. The plan in buying the new house (well, new to us and newer than the one we're vacating) is to build a new Shed (deserving of the capital letter) in the back yard. The success and timing of this will of course be dependent on planning permissions and funds availability, but I'd like to think that it will all be at least underway if not resolved by mid 2012.

The logistics involved in sorting and moving 28 years worth of valuable accumulation has been underway for some months now, and will continue apace now that the clock is ticking on bridging finance.

Cheers, Pottsy
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Well done Pottsy - we shifted after 20 years in a place which could house the Daily Driver, plus the Sizaire and no more. Down marketed and upsized - in the process installing a 4 car shed which was 40 feet long, the previous width of block being 39 feet.
    To have all the toys, including the car trailer, on the one location was like being born again.
    And we've still got cardboard boxes (of "important" junk) which are yet to be sorted out.
    Shifting after such a time is no small thing.
    Good luck for the future ... Geoff.
    1974 D Special, 2015 Fiat Panda Twinair turbo 85hp (), 2011 VW biturbo camper.

Quote Originally Posted by pottsy View Post
    Dave, it's quite simple, the dogs live in the backyard, not the Shed!. And anyway, Zaphod only sees covered areas when he's having medical procedures, othertimes he lives under the big blue sky. The are shown in the photos is ideally only going to be used for minor maintenance procedures and storage of toys. Serious stuff will be undertaken in the future expansion planned. (Oh, and the dogs are cute, but they're definitely not staying long term!)

Glad the stay in Wantirna wasn't more serious, but unfortunately wake up calls like that come to us all at the stage of life we're now in. The only solution is to adopt the McAdam view of life. "We're here for a good time not a long time!"

John, yes to both hopefully. The plan in buying the new house (well, new to us and newer than the one we're vacating) is to build a new Shed (deserving of the capital letter) in the back yard. The success and timing of this will of course be dependent on planning permissions and funds availability, but I'd like to think that it will all be at least underway if not resolved by mid 2012.

The logistics involved in sorting and moving 28 years worth of valuable accumulation has been underway for some months now, and will continue apace now that the clock is ticking on bridging finance.

Cheers, Pottsy
    There are things worse than moving but not many! Good luck with the Shed. I just needed a length of seamless aluminium tubing - hadn't yet been unfastened from what it was taped to when we moved to Perth in 1989 and I had kept it since 1974. Never throw good metal away. But they do accumulate and need re-organising from time to time. Moving is one way of re-organising but if it results in a Shed it must be good.

Best wishes for Xmas and the New Shed.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Exciting .... shed shopping I think a shed like this would be ok in the backyard ( though, two of them would be better ).

Trailers & caravans under the carport, cars in the shed

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WAREHOUSE...#ht_8415wt_952

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

That'd be fantastic Shane, but I'd have to choose to have a shed, or a backyard, since both are roughly the same size!

Realistically, I'm looking at a 7.5 by 9 Eureka, but it's a way off yet.

Cheers, Pottsy
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Thread Information