Any Froggers with c4 Grand Picasso?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Any Froggers with c4 Grand Picasso?

Hey there,

The wife has gone double or nothing on our latest pregnancy and our Koleos, which we love, looks like it will need to be pensioned off in light of not dealing very well with 3 child seats. We will have 3 under 2YO when the twins arrive in several months (all things going well) not what we were expecting but life is like that!

I'm wondering if any froggers can shed some light on their experience with this vehicle. I have been doing some research on all the bigger cars but have seen this citroen given a bit of praise on some UK forums.

I have done a bit of a search but all I have dug up here is a bit about a pen getting stuck in the drivers seat.

Can anyone give me some info on reliability, real world fuel consumption, boot space and spaciousness? I am 6'5" and there seems to be a potential for the drivers seat to not take a taller person? How does the aircon go?

I'm expecting that we are going to need to go for something bigger but if we can get a practical solution in a smaller package i know the wife would be happier.

Advertisement

Cheers,
    Pieman

this is a question i am interested in too, as my boss quite likes the look and layout of the GP

Pieman, no interest in looking at a Grand Scenic?? THere seems to be LOTS of love for them on these forums, and one of the guys in SA has one for sale on here (at least i THINK it is still for sale....)

Tadpole

Hi,

I've now got a C4 Picasso after owning 2 C5 waggons, I use them as a business vehicles.

I've got nothing but praise for the Picasso . The vehicle is now 7 months old and just clicking over 30,000 klm.

Fuel consumption over the 30,000K klm has averaged 6L per 100Klm this being a mixture of Sydney traffic and country driving, unfortunatley the majority being the commute to the office each day.

The only oddity (aside from the usual Citroen items) is the EGS gearbox which is happier being driven as a manual rather than a full auto.

Aircon deals with the hottest of days OK and is quite versatile with seperate vents and controls for the guys in the back. Can't comment on the driving postion for a 6ft + person as I'm not! but have carried 4 large guys plus myself and their luggae on long trips without any complaint.

At the current price these are a bargain.

Cheers,

Mal

Tadpole

Hi Mal,

Thanks for that.

Just a dumb question if you can humor me in the next week or two. Can you take a look at the child anchoring points. Are they on the back of the seats in the middle row? Can you swap the seats around or are the middle row seats different to the back row seats? My preference would be to split the three kids up a bit rather than have thre ducks in a row if possible. I have been thinking about Kia Grand Carnival because of this factor.

Bugger off is a perfectly good answer too

Fuel economy looks nice!

Cheers!

Tadpole

Hi,

Easy to answer as I've had kids seats etc in out a few times carrying grandkids around.

The 3 seats in the middle row are each equiped with a anchor point on the rear of the seat and if my memory serves me correctly the 2 pop up seats in the 3rd row do not have the anchor points. I'll have a look on the weekend and confirm.

Mal

Fellow Frogger!

I highly recommend them as mine has been faultless in last 12 months and have done 40,000k's just be careful if you fit a towbar as bypass systems compromises your safety, need to fit genuine from Europe. see my other post

My Picasso is just coming up to four years but had only traveled 50,000 Km. Had it serviced the other day and they tell me it should have the timing belt changed, this could cost over a $1000. I am very happy with the car, being 6 foot does not make it difficult to find a good driving position. There is a good spot on the door to rest your right knee not like the C3, bit sharp you know. Apparently children like the back seats because they are of equal width and the child in the middle get his or her fair share. The C3 owner likes her car but also enjoys driving the Picasso especially now the controls are all in the same place.

Fellow Frogger!

!000 bucks for a timing belt change, I would look for a mechanic who works on European cars and leave the dealer alone as they are rip off merchants to say the least. If I keep my car when warranty runs out this is how mine will be serviced. Citroen changed servicing schedule saying it will save money this I dont see happening as i find it hard to see justification in changing a synthetic oil every 10,000 k's when Mobil engineers inform me that it never wears out you only need to change the filter and top it up.
    so under old schedule of oil change/service you did 6.6 services to the 100,000 k's
    Now you do ten services of oil change /service .
    Makes a tidy profit on doing your car over a 100,000k period.
    Last edited by niks; 30th November 2011 at 07:22 PM.

Hi there, my brother has a C4 Grand Picasso and with 3 children under the age of 4 absolutely swears by it. Hasn't had any problems and he is constantly surprised at how fuel efficient it is and how much it can carry. They refer to it as the "spaceship"! I have driven it a couple of times and I think it handles and drives great with a seemingly unburstable diesel engine. The aircon is brilliant too and I am usually highly critical of most A/C's especially in Frogmobiles. The fact you can also get them for $35990 driveaway makes them incredible value in my opinion!

Cheers,

Justin.
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by zykyra View Post
    Hi there, my brother has a C4 Grand Picasso and with 3 children under the age of 4 absolutely swears by it. Hasn't had any problems and he is constantly surprised at how fuel efficient it is and how much it can carry. They refer to it as the "spaceship"! I have driven it a couple of times and I think it handles and drives great with a seemingly unburstable diesel engine. The aircon is brilliant too and I am usually highly critical of most A/C's especially in Frogmobiles. The fact you can also get them for $35990 driveaway makes them incredible value in my opinion!

Cheers,

Justin.
    Great value. Even greater value when one year old and if well-cared for I imagine.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Tadpole

Thanks for the input so far everyone.

It sounds like the Picasso is worth going to look at. Still not sure about fitting in though. There is a big difference between 6' and 6'5" in my experience most things are designed to fit 6 footers OK these days. Flying economy is a really good example of where 6' will manage OK but 6'5" is very uncomfortable if you don't snag the extra legroom row.

Not sure Allpike here in Perth have any stock atm though!

UFO

I'm 191cm tall and I fit in C4 and C5s fine and in 2004 drove almost 1800km in France in a Xsara Picasso and found it quite OK.

I agree re the leg space in economy. I was lucky to score exit row on the flight to Cairns recently - Bliss! The flight back I was centre of three in a 737 non exit row. Not so blissful. Add an extra 5cm to my height and it would be most uncomfortable.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    I'm 191cm tall and I fit in C4 and C5s fine and in 2004 drove almost 1800km in France in a Xsara Picasso and found it quite OK.

I agree re the leg space in economy. I was lucky to score exit row on the flight to Cairns recently - Bliss! The flight back I was centre of three in a 737 non exit row. Not so blissful. Add an extra 5cm to my height and it would be most uncomfortable.

Try having the dipstick in front of you trying to recline his chair so he can have a sleep the whole way from Perth to Sydney despite me telling him several times that his seat wasn't reclining because he was crushing my knees

Thanks for the info UFO

Fellow Frogger

Maybe, best to find a car, even a service customer's car, at one of the Perth dealerships and see if you can sit in it. While there are some happy 6'+ owners of the Picasso, I assume eveyone's experience will differ. If buying used, the 2.0HDi 6 speed auto is a better propostion than the petrol 4 speed auto.

There was a useful article about the configuration of the back of the Picasso a couple of years ago and it's here:
    http://strollersandprams.com/forums/...p?f=10&t=18058
    Unfortunately, I think the photos have gone, but it may still be worth a read.

Tadpole

Thanks David.

Thread Information