Buying Rear Arm Bearing Kit for Xantia
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Buying Rear Arm Bearing Kit for Xantia

Hi There,

Advertisement

Can anyone let me know where and how much you got the aforementioned? Did you get the kit or just the bearings? I'm in Melbourne BTW. GSF Ebay was about $180del. pair. Eurocarcare.net was $145 del.

Thanks,
    Leith

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I'll search for the number. You should be able to buy them from your local bearing store for about $25 each (hopefully Rob will have recorded the bearing number for that as well). They should be the same bearing as CX front arms, CX rear arms, BX rear arms, XM rear arms and Xantia rear arms.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks, mines a hatch BTW, are the wagons different? Is it better to get seals and spacers - or not?

Hi leith,

I bought some rear arm kits for BXs from Eurocarcare a couple of months back. They used a sub-contracted form of DHL shipping that loses its tracking capability and there was a big mix up with documents so they took weeks to get here. GSF shipping is always quick but you can run into problems with their customs agents in Australia trying to get their additional cut. You can do a self declaration through Customs though to get around this. (search for this on other posts.)

The BX rear arm bearings I was replacing were almost non-existant (see Frog BX16V resto thread) so we needed new seals, endcaps etc and it goes together much nicer with all new bits. So it depends on how worn your Xantia arm bearings are. If the rear arms are at an angle then I would recommend the kits as the seals will most likely be damaged. It also works well to use a press. The one the boys said I had to buy from Supercheap worked much better on Frogs rear arms than the hammer method I have previously used.

Xantia wagon rear arms bearings are bigger than sedans but seem to be the same size as Cx and XM wagons. I must look at my Xantia wagon bearings before it is too late for a simple replacement.

Cheers,

Ken W
    Last edited by Ken W; 28th November 2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Fellow Frogger!

the SKF code for the sedan arm bearings is 24000. When i went to a local SKF shop, they told me there is no such code .... when i got the bearings from GSF in a SKF box, the code printed on the box is 24000, go figure !!!

Post their website revamp, GSF are effing useless unless you have a knowledgeable contact to phone at one of the stores. They - through these website changes - achieved the dubious "success" of being criticised by pretty much every marque forum they offer parts for.

BTW the bearing number you want to cross reference is on the bearing; the box frequently differs.

Ken W, I have two spare of the plastic "dumbell" inserts 5179.13 used when renewing the wagon bearings - they are wholesaled in bags of four. You can have them well under local price, and I will refer you to a cheap supplier of the correct bearings - only a mug pays $20+ each. However the crush tubes, end bushes and shim kits, plus outer seals need to come from PSA when doing a wagon.
    Last edited by addo; 3rd December 2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Work around stupid spellchecker/censor.

Thread Information