DS boot lining
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: DS boot lining

mnm

Default DS boot lining

Hi all

Inspired by Greenblood's efforts, on my last trip I picked up a boot lining kit from Darrin at Citroen Classics. MIne being a DecidedlySpecial is not lined, although it does have lining on the floor.

Took ages to fit, getting it lined up properly and trimming where necessary but I am happy with the end result. I also decided to follow some fellow froggers leads and install a false floor so I could pack my spares/tools underneath and then slug my suitcase on top when I'm off to work.

As I had the original boot floor lining I could use the second piece on top of the flase floor..cool!

Advertisement

Back to the grind tomorrow.. oh the pain ..the pain..

Matthew

Hmmmm..do you think I've got enough LHM???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS boot lining-100_0706.jpg   DS boot lining-100_0707.jpg  

Looks great Matthew. Must add that to my to do list.

You can never have too much LHM!
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Hi all

Inspired by Greenblood's efforts, on my last trip I picked up a boot lining kit from Darrin at Citroen Classics. MIne being a DecidedlySpecial is not lined, although it does have lining on the floor.

Took ages to fit, getting it lined up properly and trimming where necessary but I am happy with the end result. I also decided to follow some fellow froggers leads and install a false floor so I could pack my spares/tools underneath and then slug my suitcase on top when I'm off to work.

As I had the original boot floor lining I could use the second piece on top of the flase floor..cool!

Back to the grind tomorrow.. oh the pain ..the pain..

Matthew

Hmmmm..do you think I've got enough LHM???
    Those LHM bottles split there lids and leak, so careful about laying them on there sides! The bendix ones supplied by the club seem to always leak too (the plastic spout falls out of the top, or it leaks around it).

The boot kit looks quite good

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Congratualtions on another well executed task showcasing your talents and attention to detail Matthew.
    Keeping the LHM bottles upright is recommended.

mnm

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Those LHM bottles split there lids and leak, so careful about laying them on there sides! The bendix ones supplied by the club seem to always leak too (the plastic spout falls out of the top, or it leaks around it).
    seeya,
    Shane L.

Point taken.. thank you. That's all I need.. a pool of green goop sloshing around the back!

Matthew

WOW. Nice job Matthew,it"s obvious that you are really spoling your "Decidedly Special",a bit like a spolied child,giving them all sorts of special treats. Keep going Matthew,and regarding LHM,it's like sport,you can never have too much sport. The advice given to you about storing LHM is very sound,and those plastic bottles may leak,ending up with a float chamber of LHM on the floor of your nicely trimmed boot. I suppose if the LHM was stored in tin containers with a threaded cap,there would be no leakege problem. unfortunately these days plastic is the preferred container by LHM manufacturers. Cheers Matthew Joe
    1975 Citroen DS 23 Pallas

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

They all have a threaded cap. The cap actually splits on those green bottles (I've had it happen to quite a few). The metal bottles with the plastic spouts, leak around the area they plastic joins to the metal

Anyway, the boot looks great, any LHM leakage in the boot will be great rust protection!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

UFO

If you can find a rectangular 4l metal oil container with a screw top lid it will fit in the boot laying down perfectly. Somehow I managed to get one of the Castrol ones (full) around the time I bought my D and it has lived in the boot of UFO since then and never leaked.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Nice job Matthew, I made a false floor and similarly covered it in floor fabric but I added folding legs under it (from a card table) and it doubles as a picnic table. I store collapsible chairs underneath along with tools and LHM etc.
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    74/75 DS23 Pallas 5 Speed Carby

83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    03 Peugeot 406 Hdi
    01 Renault Scenic

mnm

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    If you can find a rectangular 4l metal oil container with a screw top lid it will fit in the boot laying down perfectly. Somehow I managed to get one of the Castrol ones (full) around the time I bought my D and it has lived in the boot of UFO since then and never leaked.
    Thanks Craig.. sometimes you people can read my mind.....even though there's nothing in it!

Rest assured the bottles are currently upright in a box on the "upper deck" of the boot, but yeah, kinda defeats the whole purpose of the set up.. will have to find a suitable low profile container as you suggest. Likwise my tool box.. it's too high as well.. just has to be red that's all.

Matthew

Thread Information