French wreckers in Sydney?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default French wreckers in Sydney?

Hi guys

Advertisement

I'm on the lookout for a couple of parts and buying new is just way too expensive. I'm looking for a wrecker in the sydney area who won't shout angrily at me for asking if he has a citroen C2 in the yard. Does anyone know where french cars go to die in sydney?

Cheers

Dave

I saw a little citroen van at my local (and only) wrecker.

Seeing as he is a sponsor, I'm more inclined to suggest DC at french connection in Melbourne for wrecked french parts.

Apparently he posts stuff by mail too.

Jo

Fellow Frogger

Depending on what you need, some parts are common to other models and even Pugs.

Try ASV in SYdney, but probably expensive. Could have a C2.
    Sydney Wide Auto in the Bankstown area, but may not have a C2, certainly have wreked Berlingo, C4, C5 etc..

You could ring Pickles and ask where most of their statutory write-offs end up in Sydney.

French Connection in Melbourne is worth asking. So are BM Spares in Melbourne as they do wreck quite a lot of late models.

Tadpole

Thanks for the feedback guys! I've so far located a C3 and scooped up a driver's side sunvisor to replace my droopy one! There are a few more little things but mainly C2 specific stuff like trim etc. I'll work through the suggestions!

Cheers!
    Dave

and to hijack the thread a little - does anyone know where the DS3 Sport statutory write-off that went through the auctions in Sydney a few months back ended up?
    I don't need any parts yet, but it's always useful to know.....
    Last edited by Bruce H; 23rd November 2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Fellow Frogger

Volkstorque in SA are another one getting into later Citroen too.

I would think that by the time finding DS3 parts becomes an issue for you Bruce, that write-off will have been well and truly pilaged of anything useful. It will be odds on to be a different specification to any car you find yourself with! Mechanical parts are shared with other models to some degree anyhow.

Default Sydney wreaker

I normally head to ATwins at Girraween 98963233

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by runabout View Post
    Congratulations! You win the competition and of course the big cash prize. I just went over there and got what I needed as they have a C2 in the yard. It feels so good to pay $50 instead of hundreds!!

If anyone is interested, there's a silver C2 MK1 (2003-2005) there. It's front ended on the passenger side but it looks in good shape otherwise. I think it was a pretty minor crash. Happy hunting..

Dave

Fellow Frogger!

Yay for searching! haha

Old post I know but I was ringing around looking for bits for my c5 and ATwins had everything I needed at excellent prices where it seemed like every where else didn't.

So thank you runabout

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by runabout View Post

Icon6

G'day,
    I just noticed how old this thread is.

Pick 'n Payless Self Serve Auto Parts | Car Parts, Car Removal, Auto Wreckers | Sydney usually has the odd French car, if you are in the area.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Fellow Frogger!

Atwins for sure. Been using them for years. Also note Riverside spares at moorebank - they are the same mob.

Thread Information