Was there a C4 VTS upgrade in 2007??!
  • Register
  • Help

Default Was there a C4 VTS upgrade in 2007??!

I found this guy on ebay. He says its' a Series 2 ? Was there such a thing. His car definetly has the factory GPS system which I haven't seen at all. as but he's also claiming that the car was made lighter and engine has more power than the usual 130kW. Was there such a thing as a Series 2 VTS?

Advertisement

Here's the ebay ad

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Citroen-C...-/180754916842

It's the same as the your C4 VTS, the engine will be no different to yours. The Satnav was available as a factory ordered option at some point, I think it was like a $3k option.

There was a facelift model that came out in 2009, in which the 2L engine was replaced with the BMW/PSA 1.6 Turbo, but Ateco didn't bother bringing out the 3 door version to Australia so we didn't the VTS spec version of that car.

Just as I thought then, balderdash!! He's emailing me telling me it has 130+15 kW and lightened body panels. Yeh right!

Absolute and total !!! Whilst there was a facelifted model, it didn't debut until 26 Aug 2008 at the Moscow International Motorshow!!

The VTS (as sold in Australia) has never been facelifted. Even assuming that there had indeed been a "Series II" VTS sold here, the front foglight surrounds and the main display unit (amongst other things) are a dead giveaway that the car being sold was the original styling. Look at the photos to spot the differences...

What a joke!?!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Was there a C4 VTS upgrade in 2007??!-2009-citroen-c4-facelift-3.jpg   Was there a C4 VTS upgrade in 2007??!-2009-citroen-c4-facelift-2.jpg  
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

I also love how his eBay description states "FAULTLESS PRESENTATION>>>>ALWAYS GARAGED NO DENTS SCRAPES OR SCRATCHES" yet he managed to take a photo of a scuffed and gouged Resolfen alloy...
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    facebook.com/cccnsw

Shame they never brought the facelifted coupe down here! But yeah I have to say I've never seen the factory GPS on any coupe on sale, so he does have that selling point.

I couldn't help myself and I contacted the seller with the following -:

"What is it exactly that makes this a "Series II" C4 VTS and what has been done to it to produce higher than 130kw power output?"

The reply was -:

"Hello mate not sure what u mean the engine is obv stock standard, it does not need tweaking btw...
    however it is the highest spec eng possible in the series, when i wrote the add i was unable to recall the exact kw so guessed at 130kw and then researched the subject and found i was right,
    As the for other question re the modelspecs, i was told it was a special build x france as it is very rare to have every poss option even the french accent gps system, and the built in JBL sub woofer in the cargo area.

good luck with the bidding as this is a very unique vehicle"

Likewise, I haven't seen a coupe with GPS in Australia. Not saying they were never sold here, but I'm wondering if the GPS was actually installed as a genuine Citroen (Australia) optional accessory, or if it was retro-fitted aftermarket?

facebook.com/cccnsw

Quote Originally Posted by CamM View Post
    Likewise, I haven't seen a coupe with GPS in Australia. Not saying they were never sold here, but I'm wondering if the GPS was actually installed as a genuine Citroen (Australia) optional accessory, or if it was retro-fitted aftermarket?
    I have seen a VTS with factory equipped GPS, one of the local dealers had one brand new. It was the dealer that told me it was a factory order option.

The GPS also had a built in phone functionality, there was a slot where you could plug in your SIM card.

I found some pics I took at the time when I looked at the car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Was there a C4 VTS upgrade in 2007??!-image009.jpg   Was there a C4 VTS upgrade in 2007??!-image010.jpg   Was there a C4 VTS upgrade in 2007??!-image012.jpg   Was there a C4 VTS upgrade in 2007??!-image017.jpg   Was there a C4 VTS upgrade in 2007??!-image018.jpg  

Thanks for the confirmation TroyO

So it looks like the car in question is simply a fully optioned VTS. Nothing more, nothing less.

facebook.com/cccnsw

Thread Information