D Spec C pillars
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default D Spec C pillars

Greetings
    I am currently restoring a D Special(1974 model) it will be Vert Charmille with a Blanc Meije roof.However I am wondering what to do with the C Pillar panels,they look very tired.I have managed to remove the various dents etc, apart from a new finish I also think the panel needs reinforcing,,Any ideas please .
    PS I also need a couple of M5 headlamp adjusters.
    Woody

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

The covers are weak and easily dented, but should have two or three rubber cylinders as support. Are they present? Behind the cover is not meant to be water tight. They are meant to be a satin finish and you will lose that if you over-polish them.

Did you see the photos I added to your headlamp adjuster post?

Fellow Frogger!

Sorry David I missed that,I dont get an Email anymore.They are the ones in your Pic the smaller one with the M5 thread.

DS

Why not be a rebel and fit ones from an ID19 that have the nice fine corrugated panel. They seem far more robust.
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by brian woodcock View Post
    Sorry David I missed that,I dont get an Email anymore.They are the ones in your Pic the smaller one with the M5 thread.
    Brian

David would be referring to the photos he put in the thread you started about the headlamp adjusters.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks UFO,thats correct,I,m finding them very hard to find.

Thanks DS,mine are fine corrugated!
    Woody

Fellow Frogger

Do you want to replace the c-pillar covers or are you now happy with them? If you wanted to reinforce the panel, then perhaps cut some flat aluminium sheet and stick it to the inside surface with urethane sealant. You just want to make sure you don't create any water traps or set up a galvanic pair using a different metal. Since it's like an internal water feature for any resident spiders, maybe seal right around the edge of the reinforcing sheet. I think there's enough room in there, but do a trial fit with some cardboard of the same thickness and see if you can screw it together with the rubber supports in place too.

DS

Thanks DS,mine are fine corrugated!
    All D Special have corrugated panels but ID19 have a much finer corrugations that are less prone to dents. Have yours been changed to the finer ones?
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Fellow Frogger!

No DS the panels are original
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by brian woodcock View Post
    ...Thanks DS,mine are fine corrugated!
    Woody
    That sounds like an odd fit, any pics?
    As I understand it the Australian delivery cars had the less numerous style of corrugation... that dent all too easily.
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

Fellow Frogger

Brian, do you have the brackets or are they missing too? See photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D Spec C pillars-dsinneradjusters.jpg  

Fellow Frogger!

Default DS adjusters

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Brian, do you have the brackets or are they missing too? See photo.
    Thanks Dave,I have reinforced my C pillar covers with aly sheet and urethane as per your suggestion,turned out very well.The adjusters I am after are the Main H/L Azimuth adjusters,they are similar to the ones on your pic but have spherical tips to engage with the headlamp.Yours are the aux H/L elevation adjusters.
    Woody

Fellow Frogger

OK, For some reason I'd thought you wanted the smaller inner ones. So, you need the larger ones on the main headlamps. You have the self-levelling headlamps in your car I assume? Does it work? You probably need a delay unit kit, the rear cable and housing plus the nylon blocks that go on the end of the level adjustment arms. I think I will be able to find the larger screws sometime.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks again dave.The larger screws are M7,they adjust the elevation and are connected to the control system.The ones I require are M5 and control the azimuth of the main beam.I await your response hopefully!!
    Woody

Thread Information