Hi All, I have posted on this before, but it is more serious now, so some extra help is needed.
The car is a C5 hatch 2005 2.2 Hdi 4 speed auto. It has done 130K.
After a short distance of driving, the antipollution fault occurs on the display, then also esp/asr not working etc accompanied by lots of warning bells, then it disables cruise control and eventually feels like it is going into limp home mode.
The engine will rev above 2,500 rpm but has no power. I can get around by using the manual part of the gear box and keeping it at higher revs. but it just doesn't pull.
Citroen dealer looked at it, cleared the error codes and said there was no fault. The consistent error code is a fault in the glow plug relay.
It has gradually gotten more consistent, so that now it happens on every journey.
Things I have done:
- Changed fuel and air filters with no success.
- Checked that the anti-swirl valve opens above 2,500 rpm.
- Tested the vacuum of both the anti-swirl valve line and the turbo thingy line on the side of the turbo.
- Looked for leaks in all vacuum lines
- Checked that the turbo appears to be coming on at times and blows air out of the pipes into the intercooler. (In other words, I think the turbo itself works, but it is possibly being disabled by the elctronics...)
the only thing I have found is that the inlet manifold has a fair amount of oily gunge all over it's inside, as I presume the EGR pipe which I don't know how to clean.
More clues needed please, as this is now a serious fault. I will take it back to the dealer, but I need to know what to ask them to check.
Other possibles are:
- A faulty relay controlling the turbo (but it should trow up a sensible error code)
- A faulty MAF sensor.
- A previous post said "Erik, you could have an issue with the turbo. Has anyone checked that the actuator for varying the boost operates correctly and smoothly? I know of another example of your model that had similar symptoms to yours under load and it was eventually traced to the turbo adjustment actuator sticking." (Where is this?????)