The GS Appreciation Thread - Page 6
  • Register
  • Help
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2345678 Last
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The GS Appreciation Thread

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    GS developments in Europe. Currency calculator puts this GS Break at Aus $17500. Better grab one while there still cheap.
    Really...about time they woke up...problem is hardly any left!

Advertisement

Daniel Engelhardt - FranzŲsische Klassiker - Fahrzeuge

Also on Gumtree there is this chappy in SA (claimed one owner):
    1972 Citroen GS Sedan | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Unley Area - Parkside

Pardon my lack of knowledge, does the Gumtree car have later model seats, the head rests look a bit unusual for '72?
    I might go check this one out...he claims original 35000kms ...must see what a GS with such low kms looks like!

As usual, any cars viewed I would welcome the details for the Register. Just completed another minor update to it.
    I know whoever did it probably had a perfectly good reason, but why would you want or need to respray the rims on a car that had only done 35000ks (for to me they appear to now be silver)?
    Bruce H

Now 10 DS3 Dstyle; 99 Xantia SX; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 77 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    I know whoever did it probably had a perfectly good reason, but why would you want or need to respray the rims on a car that had only done 35000ks (for to me they appear to now be silver)?
    As far as I understand the car was not kept in dry storage for some time...maybe surface rust started appearing...

The yellow GS Pallas will be back on the road soon. Finally got some NOS lower arm bushes from Italy which came in a parcel covered in Australian Customs and Quarantine masking tape and a nice note from them. What did they think I was getting - heroin?

The GS Appreciation Thread-img_4088.jpgThe GS Appreciation Thread-img_4090.jpgThe GS Appreciation Thread-img_4075.jpgThe GS Appreciation Thread-img_4096.jpg

Also managed to find a correct period mirror for the Convertisseur which wasn't easy.

Chaps, if you're chasing a new black steering wheel, Daniel Engelhardt of Franzosische Klassiker has got reproductions made up. You just need to send off your old one in exchange.

I have way too many GS's for one person to enjoy. If anyone out there is hankering for one, drop me a line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The GS Appreciation Thread-img_4104.jpg   The GS Appreciation Thread-img_4100.jpg  
    1962 ID 19 Parisienne
    1972 SM

The GS Appreciation Thread-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1375650785.322862.jpgcredit to Jacob.

Via the aussiefrogs App

Default GS Break

Does anyone know who snapped up this cute little fella?

citroen gs club wagon
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break
    '78 504 GL - gone to good home
    '69 ID19B - if wasn't for mortgage would still have, '74 DS23 Pallas
    '74 Renault TS , '69 Renault TS - last seen forlorn at Taminda wreckers

Donat,

295 Broadway, Glebe (on the build plate) was an old pub. Probably explains bad Citroen build quality...
    donat likes this.
    2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Does anyone know who snapped up this cute little fella?

citroen gs club wagon
    No but I wish I'd known about it.

Nice GS 1015 on Carsales.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bertie View Post
    Nice GS 1015 on Carsales.
    Hi Bertie,

That is Donat's, who started this thread! I understand it is spoken for now...and yes, a great buy for a low mileage and very honest car.

cheers, leconte
    1962 Heidelberg ID19 "Axel"
    1965 Heidelberg ID19
    half owner 1974 GS 1220 Convertisseur Break

Mr Leconte, due to the fact I'd mentioned other GS's, the Convertisseur has been sold.

The 1015's on the driveway with a black eye as the glass on the LHS headlight has been smashed. Ugh. A new Marchal replacement is on its way from Deutschland. I have spare glass but it would look like shite on a new unit so I've ordered the whole shebang.

I've done 500km in the ID 19 in 3 months, so I need to get my priorities right. When I mentioned this to my Mrs, she said "you should be selling the ID - you hardly ever drive it." That's why the Mrs is my Mrs and not SWMBO.
    Bruce H likes this.
    1962 ID 19 Parisienne
    1972 SM

Default Gs appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    The yellow GS Pallas will be back on the road soon. Finally got some NOS lower arm bushes from Italy which came in a parcel covered in Australian Customs and Quarantine masking tape and a nice note from them. What did they think I was getting - heroin?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4088.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	46449Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4090.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	46450Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4075.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	46451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4096.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	46452

Also managed to find a correct period mirror for the Convertisseur which wasn't easy.

Chaps, if you're chasing a new black steering wheel, Daniel Engelhardt of Franzosische Klassiker has got reproductions made up. You just need to send off your old one in exchange.

I have way too many GS's for one person to enjoy. If anyone out there is hankering for one, drop me a line.
    hi Donat
    love the yellow on the GS, i have to decide on the interior of the resto project, colour texture of fabric etc. current colour is blue and similar to the CX i think. but this will be hard to find so may change my selection. can you please put up a few more photos of the interior ?

[QUOTE=donat;1183938]The yellow GS Pallas will be back on the road soon. Finally got some NOS lower arm bushes from Italy which came in a parcel covered in Australian Customs and Quarantine masking tape and a nice note from them. What did they think I was getting - heroin?

Donat... Having worked as a Customs Officer and having done a stint ion the international mail centre I can tell you that they don't assume a car part or anything else is what it is stated...without the checks we would have no control of plant material,drugs and other illegal activitys... Customs and Quarantine are there doing their job to protect this country...
    By law we were required to open a certain percentage...you certainly cannot open everything and the process is strictly controlled.
    Containers are another story and we were lucky to check 2% of all containers so intelligence gathering plays a big part...still...it's a losing battle
    Rev. Dogboy

1952 French 11BL
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    : 1975 Holden Sandman PanelVan
    1987 2CV
    citroen 2004 C5 HDi Estate
    1964 Lambretta Li150

Fellow Frogger!

I love these car to bits, had two and it was love hate .
    Some things stupid and difficult to work on and could have been made simpler , better solutions.

They were beautiful to drive and for me beautiful to look at, some aspects very thoughtful.

Default Out from hibernation

First time outside for a while. A quick wash to get off the dust, then back in the other way round so that I can finish off the other side.

The GS Appreciation Thread-img_0159.jpgThe GS Appreciation Thread-img_0161.jpgThe GS Appreciation Thread-img_0163.jpg
    dogboy, citronut, Mungous and 1 others like this.
    Cheers Andrew

It's looking great, almost enough to motivate me to do something about mine

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

Now 10 DS3 Dstyle; 99 Xantia SX; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 77 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Did any GS brought into Australia had factory fitted sunroofs?

Via the aussiefrogs App

Quote Originally Posted by citronut View Post
    Did any GS brought into Australia had factory fitted sunroofs?

Via the aussiefrogs App
    I'll let Bruce H (aka GS Sunroof Enthusiast) field this one!

Via the aussiefrogs App

(oh you can remove
    1962 ID 19 Parisienne
    1972 SM

Fellow Frogger!

T'was I who took this little cutie lovely interior leaking accumulator but runs sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by artisan View Post
    First time outside for a while. A quick wash to get off the dust, then back in the other way round so that I can finish off the other side.

Name:	IMG_0159.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	47756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0161.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	47757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0163.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	47758
    Looking really good Andrew. So it is a GSA?

Great colour, glimpse of the interior suggests a great match.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break
    '78 504 GL - gone to good home
    '69 ID19B - if wasn't for mortgage would still have, '74 DS23 Pallas
    '74 Renault TS , '69 Renault TS - last seen forlorn at Taminda wreckers

Citronut, there have been relatively few GS's in Australia with the factory fitted sunroof, but I don't know if the distributors brought them in as part of the normal shipment or if they were all special orders and/or overseas deliveries.
    In Brisbane I have seen at least one factory fitted sunroof Club with a compliance plate, another was an early Pallas with no plate (now crushed), another a 79 Pallas that was a Paris delivery. I test drove an orange Club in the early 90's but didn't buy it because of noisy synchros (never seen it since).
    If you're thinking of buying one, sit in it first - the factory sunroof takes a good couple of centimetres off the available headroom front and rear.
    Bruce H

Tazzy, do you want to send me the details of your vehicle to add to the Register ( see the website in my signature below )?
    Hope you enjoy it.
    Bruce H

Default artisan

Quote Originally Posted by artisan View Post

Name:	IMG_0159.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	47756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0161.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	47757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0163.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	47758
    wow where has this been hiding more photos please looks very nice, great work.

Fellow Frogger!

Will do Bruce as soon as I can get my Nissan loving son in law away from her.

Old Fart Apprentice Hotrodelectric's Avatar

No- not a GSA. The rear configuration is different. The easiest give-away is the stainless bumper. The GSA had plastic ones.

Edit: Sorry- this was in answer to Sparkey's question:
    Looking really good Andrew. So it is a GSA?
    Last edited by Hotrodelectric; 29th September 2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: missed adding the quote
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2345678 Last

Thread Information