The GS Appreciation Thread - Page 11
  • Register
  • Help
Page 11 of 11 First ... 7891011
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: The GS Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    I didn't think we had any in Australia!
    Maybe you should check out the Register Citroen GSA / GXYL - Australian Citroen GS GSA Birotor Register

Advertisement

This one looks great for its age, doesn't it?
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

WLB

I thought I might bump this old post. I still haven't been able to find out what happened to it.

Edit, 20/08/17: I mean, apart from it turning into a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by WLB; in December 2011
    Here's my dear departed old girl. Owned it from 1978 to the mid '80s then sold it when we lived in Bulleen to a guy from the Latrobe Valley. We met mid way in Warragul to do the exchange. Coincidently it was across the road from where I now sit.

This was my second GS. I've no idea what happened to it.

My first GS was in Singapore in the mid to late '70s. Alas, when the time came to replace it, it was worth more to the government's car scrapping scheme than it was to another owner. I did however get some useful spares from it to ship home for the other car.
    Last edited by WLB; 20th August 2017 at 05:04 PM.

Is the person who lives in Brunswick East with an orange GS parked down the side and sometimes a silver one in the side drive active here. I drive past sometimes and wonder.
    cheers Tony

I just thought I'd share some photos from the German GS Club meeting this July.

The GS Appreciation Thread-jens-loepelt-37-.jpg The GS Appreciation Thread-citroen-gs-ig-sommer-2017-8-.jpg The GS Appreciation Thread-jens-loepelt-25-.jpg
    Cheers Andrew

A seemingly newly arrived GS Break assisting the SA Police at the Bay to Birdwood today. Also spotted on Friday evening, so it gets around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The GS Appreciation Thread-dsc00215.jpg  
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Wow. A Chrysler Royal no less, isn't it.... Wow.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

South Australian rego check won't give me a chassis number, so if anyone gets to see under the bonnet of this one can they let me know if it's GXGC08GC3881 please?
    3881 was last seen for sale in Queensland, is on the database without a known owner, and the photographed wagon shows similar modifications.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Tadpole

Anyone have a left hand drive GS with the Veglia instruments they can take a pic of there dash board wired in, the wires on the back. In particular what wires come from the fuel gauge.

Tadpole

The GS Appreciation Thread-img_1527594426.847936.jpg seems I have joined the throws on the GS world, may not look like much now but all in time

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by grayhood View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1527594426.847936.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	106345 seems I have joined the throws on the GS world, may not look like much now but all in time

Welcome to the relatively small group of enthusiasts which I am sure will grow.

I just got mine back on the road after a bit of mechanical work and a full respray and what a great little car. A few bugs to sort but a rewarding job. Make sure you post any questions as you go as I am sure most of us have traveled the road before. Be good if it was ready for the GS event next year in WA

there's a cheap one with a spare car going on gumtree in Brissy, worth having a look at I imagine if you are really keen.

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    there's a cheap one with a spare car going on gumtree in Brissy, worth having a look at I imagine if you are really keen.
    as i can't find it can you post a link?
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

1000+ Posts

It was on there for a while, but has disappeared just in the last few days. Started at 500 and dropped to 400 with two offers, presumably for a lesser amount, registered. Donít know whether it sold or not. It may pop back up again, as they often do, just have to keep an eye out.

Grayhood, if you left a message on my phone yesterday, I'm sorry that I haven't replied but I didn't get home 'til late. If it wasn't you, there's another person in Brisbane who has just acquired a GS
    Good to see another one with an interested owner - is this the one with the reconditioned motor?
    Aussiefrogs is your best source for knowledge, so you've come to the right place.
    Bruce H

Tadpole

Bruce yes that was me, thanks for filling me in on a few gaps, this was and is 0GS750, has a lot of paperwork with a lot of history which has been interesting to read through.

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Hi Donat,

I remember selling a GS cmatic a few years ago that colour!

Planning on an acquisition once I organise accommodations better at home.
    Many happy memories being ferried round in KenW's various GS'es
    GreenBlood and Bruce H like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    South Australian rego check won't give me a chassis number, so if anyone gets to see under the bonnet of this one can they let me know if it's GXGC08GC3881 please?
    3881 was last seen for sale in Queensland, is on the database without a known owner, and the photographed wagon shows similar modifications.
    Hi Bruce,
    I discovered tonight that I can tell you quite about 3881 because I owned it for quite a few years before trading it in on a RED BX16TRS at Maxims. Its rego was OLS220 and I last saw it at Gayndah with the Haysezzyhuths.

I have a couple of other Chassis numbers for you two other GSes that have probably now been scrapped.

Cheers, Ken
    Last edited by Ken W; 1st September 2018 at 09:44 PM.

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7891011

Thread Information