The DS Appreciation Thread - Page 3
  • Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 197 First 12345671353103 ... Last
Like Tree1535Likes

Thread: The DS Appreciation Thread

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Yes.. but I was referring to Michael's beautiful Delta Blue car that started this thread.

Matthew
    I think the intention is for them to look like the original pallas type. BTW there is a magnificent set of original Robri S/S type on ebay, they are period after market. As shown on page 74 and 74 of "Original Citroen DS". My eye sight isn't great but they look like they maybe located below the crease.

Advertisement

Kind regards
    Michael

Default Black Beauty

And The Winner Is .......................................

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4 Years In A Row At The All French Car Day NSW Silverwater

Last edited by Le Parisian; 13th May 2011 at 08:01 PM.

mnm

Quote Originally Posted by mberry View Post
    I think the intention is for them to look like the original pallas type. BTW there is a magnificent set of original Robri S/S type on ebay, they are period after market. As shown on page 74 and 74 of "Original Citroen DS". My eye sight isn't great but they look like they maybe located below the crease.

Kind regards
    Michael

Do you have the link for that Michael?

Matthew

Default Vert argente

This beautiful D was badly damaged in an accident a couple of years back, i hope she is now back up and running as she was very special and always a real joy to see around town

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5576005...ream/lightbox/

Default Uds 023

That car used to live at my place, it's got crashed?

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Hey Michael

are your side impact strips original? From other pics I've seen on the net the non-pallas strips are mounted below the crease line in the doors.. ending as yours do at the end of the rear bumper bar.

Matthew
    Hi Matthew,

No, the strips on the blue car aren't original. They would've been put on the car about sixteen years ago when the car was repainted (about three owners ago).

I actually think my car shouldn't have any bump strips to be correct, although they were probably available as an optional extra.

I haven't ripped them off and replaced them with what might be correct because I suspect these are actually more serviceable than the originals in that they wouldn't dent if someone did open a door onto them.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]

mnm

Thanks Michael

I was just curious.. my Special doesn't have them of course but in the right light you can see all these little dings down the side of the car along the crease line. So I thought when I repaint some protective strips might be the go... without it being the same as the Pallas application. As you say, looking more like an option.

Matthew

Yes, there were some photos of it post-prang on the previous incarnation of AF, should have been fixable but never saw it in flesh or photos again
    Last edited by cactus61; 14th May 2011 at 01:36 AM.

CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

Default some old pics

a roughie, coming good slowly, but gathering momentum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The DS Appreciation Thread-john4.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-68frontr.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-68inta.jpg  

Default ds appreciation

my contribution to the gallery

bought this as a written off car by NRMA in 1982 because the front guard was damaged ! its a 11th month 1972 ds 23 pallas 5 speed carby

put back together with all NOS parts including the rebuild from ground up of the motor, drove down to ACT last month for autoitalia what a FAB cruise. it just sings along ! must use it more often.
    have tried very hard to keep this as original as possible with the exception of the a/c front bars. now working on the renovation of the dashboard have collected all the excellent condition unfaded black switch gear including NOS blinker and wiper stalks and hope to get the original working clock back from service, will also insert the continental eddision radio (wont work here) but fits the hole in the dash and look v cool.
    last part to be put on 4 years ago was the original steering wheel out of the bag, have put up on you tube if anyone interested.
    thanks michael for the start of this thread, cool idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM2QX6FUJow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The DS Appreciation Thread-cit007.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-cit008.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-cit009.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-cit010.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-cit011.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-cit013.jpg  

The DS Appreciation Thread-rimg0111.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-rimg0116.jpg  

I'm enjoying this thread. Every car is interesting and great to see!
    Cheers,
    Michael

Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]

Default yes

Quote Originally Posted by Boyracer View Post
    I'm enjoying this thread. Every car is interesting and great to see!
    lets see some more original cars!

Some resto pics of the black Super

not flashy

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The DS Appreciation Thread-dscf0008.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dscf0004.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dscf0003.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dscf0005.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dscf0026.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-100_0026.jpg  

Default mmmm D's

these are a few of my favorite things...(in a Julie Andrews Voice)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The DS Appreciation Thread-dsc02272.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dsc02172.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dsc02049.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dsc02048.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dsc02047.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dsc02005.jpg  

The DS Appreciation Thread-dsc01968.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dsc01967.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dsc00544.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dsc00472.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dsc00276.jpg  
    Rev. Dogboy

1952 French 11BL
    Citroen 1960 French ID19
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1979 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

mnm

Some of my favourite pics.

Matthew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The DS Appreciation Thread-1967%252009%2520ds%2520gb%252009_jpg.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-bordeaux-67-2.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-ds.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-blackds20pallas70pax-seat.jpg  

Somes random's of Dee pics I have here kickin about and my all time favourite a 1967 DS21 green fluid this was actually my fathers car would love to know if it still exists most likely as a japanese sewing machine

Cheers Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The DS Appreciation Thread-73bandama.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-citroe15.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-citroe5.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-citroe13.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-dsavatar.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-lucien%2520bianci%2527s%2520citroen%2520after%2520hitting%2520a%2520spectators%2520car%252c%2520while%2520leading%2520th.jpg  

The DS Appreciation Thread-euroa%252057%2520ds19%25203.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-citroen-ute.jpg   The DS Appreciation Thread-blue-one.jpg  

Tadpole

Default Nice Pic's

Quote Originally Posted by DeemanDan View Post
    Somes random's of Dee pics I have here kickin about and my all time favourite a 1967 DS21 green fluid this was actually my fathers car would love to know if it still exists most likely as a japanese sewing machine

Cheers Dan

Yes that was a nice car dad had , might try and make mine look like dad's

Bounge

Tadpole

Default Need Sunnies

Quote Originally Posted by Le Parisian View Post
    And The Winner Is .......................................

4 Years In A Row At The All French Car Day NSW Silverwater

Nice car you got there wonder who keeps her looking like that , She is a Beauty
    im amazed no one has commented aggh well maybe this sunday stretch her legs

I will see the pictures of the black DS, and raise it one taken in the garage where I grew up.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The DS Appreciation Thread-pic.jpg  

And it is no secret that having two is better than having just one.
    That's me driving it.
    It sat in a field for 17 years and we had to cut down a tree to get the car out.
    The two cars looked so much alike that the neighbors were not aware that there was more than one.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The DS Appreciation Thread-2cits.jpg  

This is about where it all started.
    That's my mother.
    She was nuts about the things too.
    Especially the Breaks.

My big sister beat the crap out of me right after these pics were taken. I remember it vividly. She still likes the DS too, and boy can she tell you some true stories.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The DS Appreciation Thread-baby-pics.jpg  

These days, I only see the occasional straggling visitors for the most part.
    You guys might as well see one too. This one was in the middle of a cross country trip and stopped by for a quick checkover and a spot of lunch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The DS Appreciation Thread-imgp0877.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mberry View Post

Kind regards
    Michael
    Ha!
    The Froggers hjave forced me into the Reynold's book.
    I need the molding shown on page 128 if anybody knows where to obtain a set.
    I have the two little pieces for the rear wings, and 2 of the same piece for the LF door.
    I would love to find the rest.

Their fate is sealed.
    At least they were given a ceremonial send off.

Page 3 of 197 First 12345671353103 ... Last

Thread Information