Citroen DS5 - Pics
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Citroen DS5 - Pics

The new DS5. I quite like it, especially the rear end which reminds me the C4 Coupe.

More details here:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/256602/

and here:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/motorsh..._unveiled.html

Cheers,
    Paul

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen DS5 - Pics-ds5-.jpg   Citroen DS5 - Pics-ds5-b.jpg   Citroen DS5 - Pics-ds5-c.jpg   Citroen DS5 - Pics-ds5-d.jpg   Citroen DS5 - Pics-ds5-e.jpg  

Fellow Frogger!

I already created a thread for the DS5

The pics I saw on another site were very good indeed. The interior looks amazing.

Fellow Frogger!

More bloody windscreen pillars to stop you seeing out...what happened to the old DS theory of the pillars being narrower than the distance between the eyes ?

The original C5 design is looking more and more pure, clean and classically efficient.

With each passing "evolution".... the current C5 trying to look Audi or Hyundai like and this new one a pastiche of every styling theme now in vogue.

Where is Robert Opron when we need him ?

Fellow Frogger!

Not just Bangle's so called flamed surfaces but every bend, gouge, fold, crease, accent, wrinkle, twist, accent, ... EEEK !! It almost as overdecorated as a Nissan Cedric.

Lets hope the robots that put the muiltifolded bodywork together get all the seams in the right place or it will look a right misaligned mess.

It is hard to believe that the committee that created the Xsara Picasso ( no beauty but an integrated and functionally graceful shape ) could allow that ! I suppose the style was "cliniced" in China as well.

Even the interior is cluttered and kitsch..bring on the simplicity of Swedish style or even the previous Nissan Maxima.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney View Post
    The pics I saw on another site were very good indeed. The interior looks amazing.

Lots of good quality pics here:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/04...sized-ds5.html

Paul

Nope, pretty boring really. If they listened to what they were saying at the launch and looked at the product surely they realize the shortfall? Seemingly a few strips of chrome down the side "adds" something... a strategy tried in USA in the 50's.

The dashboard is just hopeless with dozens of buttons and knobs plus information spread across a conventional panel plus a head up display plus a centre console plus an overhead panel. They say it is like an aircraft cockpit so maybe you need a co-pilot and in-flight engineer?

Not only is the forward vision hampered by multiple thick pillars, maybe dictated by crash protection engineering needs, but rear vision is destroyed by the stylists. A big bulky body but no mention of flexible seating arrangements or clever space utilization. The steering wheel is not round just like the '70s Rover SD1. Presumably despite the size of the car they ran out of space for the driver's legs... that was Rover's reason. And FOUR spokes??

Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Fellow Frogger!

Quite like the look of this one. Inside it does look a bit Audi like... which can't be a bad thing.
    Not sure what to make of the current C3 and C4. Had a look @ Lance Dixon the other week. Not at all convinced the latest models are a success outside or inside.... inside I thought the C3 had been hit by an ugly stick. The original C3 and C4 had a certain purity of style outside.

Does it have real suspension?
    Regards,

Garth.

Fixin' Cit's.

'19 308 GTi
    '15 DS 5
    '74 GS Convertisseur

In the family
    '51 Traction
    '08 C5 X7 V6

Previous ownership
    '95 XM V6 Series 2
    '96 306 XTDT

Quote Originally Posted by XM Mechanic View Post
    I dont think it does so it wont be popular with the "die hards"....

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney View Post
    I dont think it does so it wont be popular with the "die hards"....
    Oh in that case forget it boring - not interested!

Oh really .....a Citroen!!?? Someone glanced over and thought it was the new Toyota [email protected]! How could you put the letter DS on this it is just so vulgar! Merde de voiture! I just could not resist to speak my opinion but new cars are just so boring really don't you think?

Except the C5 is really a nice car I think, I couldn't help but admire one at the servo the other day it was rather a beautiful thing....and the C6....and the C-Metisse concept was very cool.

It could have "proper suspension" - as its based on the C5 platform!

The DS range must be fairly profitable for Citroen - afterall, they are just a reskin of current models!
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

I like it....
    1980 CX2400
    2000 Xantia Wagon

Wikipedia says it is based on C4 Picasso platform. No proper suspension then I suppose.
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Dammery View Post
    I like it....
    +1 - Looks rad!
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by kimmo View Post
    Wikipedia says it is based on C4 Picasso platform. No proper suspension then I suppose.
    According to Top Gear UK (http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/c...ds5-2011-04-18) it's based on the Peugeot 508 platform, which should be the C5 platform I think...

Icon9

I must be getting old and crabby

I can't see any styling cues from any previous Citroen, take the huge chevrons away and it could be anything, ugly on the outside/ ugly on the inside. It would have to ride like it was floating on a cloud to get me to show a glimmer of interest.

Where it has been successful, is that it makes the current Citroens look damn good, that in itself is an achievement!!

We'll be drowned in the spin, eco this, eco that.... cripes it has extra ground clearance??? I guess that means cart springs, huge low profile tyres, hmmm very green (not)!!!

Having said that I've been around long enough to remember similar disapproval of the CX/ BX/ GS once the D had had it's day in the sun. Perhaps I really am a cranky old fart

Where do I sign...

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XM Mechanic View Post
    Isn't that my line ??? I bet it got the horrible over assisted grabby shitty brakes rather than proper high pressure brakes too............... Don't forget the poogoe steering with 27.8 turns lock to lock.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Yeah I guess you could say I'm young and crabby! What makes it a Citroen then!??? Anyone got an answer for that??

Like all other CitroŽns it is built on a PSA platform which appears under Peugeot and CitroŽn badges and body designs as marketing strategies dictate. The two chevrons clearly differentiate it as a CitroŽn.

Yes these DS series are intended to be more profitable than their base car range. You have to make a profit to be a car manufacturer and the makers of small cars in mature economies are very squeezed for margin. The DS range is a marketing strategy to capture the downsizing trend in "luxury" cars with some of the better profit margins that came from larger cars.
    Personally, I dislike these fussy contemporary designs and much prefer the clean shape of cars like the genuine cats from Jaguar.
    However, this car was launched in China and may even be made there, where tastes differ.
    Wonderful though the DS suspension is, its advantages are largely lost in today's world of quality autoroutes and stop-go congested urban traffic. The percentage of PSA cars made that use it is now very small. It has been relegated to yet another marketing feature.
    Once you get past providing a safe reliable economic means of transport the gap between features and benefits can be extremely wide. That basic utility is achieved by all contemporary cars or the makers would die instantly. In the ultimate, charging a huge premium for square wheels would provide a highly differentiating feature but little owner benefit except that one can show off to the neighbours one's financial ability to spend on useless objects.
    At a more practical level the Chinese market for many consumer product is one about face and the ability to show off new wealth. That is why the Louis Vuiton stores in Paris have queues of Chinese outside and canny product designers come up with the DS5 which says "I am different, I have money".
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    Like all other CitroŽns it is built on a PSA platform which appears under Peugeot and CitroŽn badges and body designs as marketing strategies dictate. The two chevrons clearly differentiate it as a CitroŽn.

Yes these DS series are intended to be more profitable than their base car range. You have to make a profit to be a car manufacturer and the makers of small cars in mature economies are very squeezed for margin. The DS range is a marketing strategy to capture the downsizing trend in "luxury" cars with some of the better profit margins that came from larger cars.
    Personally, I dislike these fussy contemporary designs and much prefer the clean shape of cars like the genuine cats from Jaguar.
    However, this car was launched in China and may even be made there, where tastes differ.
    Wonderful though the DS suspension is, its advantages are largely lost in today's world of quality autoroutes and stop-go congested urban traffic. The percentage of PSA cars made that use it is now very small. It has been relegated to yet another marketing feature.
    Once you get past providing a safe reliable economic means of transport the gap between features and benefits can be extremely wide. That basic utility is achieved by all contemporary cars or the makers would die instantly. In the ultimate, charging a huge premium for square wheels would provide a highly differentiating feature but little owner benefit except that one can show off to the neighbours one's financial ability to spend on useless objects.
    At a more practical level the Chinese market for many consumer product is one about face and the ability to show off new wealth. That is why the Louis Vuiton stores in Paris have queues of Chinese outside and canny product designers come up with the DS5 which says "I am different, I have money".
    Couldn't agree with you more Gerry on those materialistic points you raise.

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    the DS5 which says "I am different, I have money".
    I understand the strategy Gerry, we've been accomodating this now for at least 15 years. The best Citroen have done for their traditional market in this time is the $110,000 C6 that few of us will ever get to experience.

I'm starting to think, so what if Citroen lives to fight another day, if this is what we have to look forward to maybe it is now time to move on when replacing our C5. When it comes to conventional there are plenty of contenders.

DS5 I am different my taste buds are in my Ar$$$$e...

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

In white
    http://www.autobild.de/bilder/bilder...e-1609533.html

For those of you who currently moan about this car: you should have in mind your so beloved DS(the one from 1960)was also strongly critcized by people at that time(about design)before being elevated as best car of the world

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information