DS Bueslip
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: DS Bueslip

mnm

Default DS Bueslip

Hi everyone

well I've finally sold my beetle so the DSpecial can be retireved from storage. Is there any reason why it would fail a blueslip.. it is still registered on SA plates.. never had a blueslip done before, I just know it's more thorough than the pink.

Thanks

Advertisement

Matthew

Default blueslip

I bought my DS23 with Vic plates and found a place near me that does Blue Slips and drove it round and got it checked out. Lights, tyres, no leaks they may drive it and do a brake test as well. then off to the RTA and give them heaps of loot.

You will need to get a Green slip organised before you go to the RTA if you call the insurers and get them to fax or email the green slip to you and print it out to take with you as its a special blank one.

The place I went to was very good. its on Silverwater road just near the turn off from Silverwater road to the motorway. (they are a tyre place)

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Techbuy; 5th April 2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: fix
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1975 DS23 IE Pallas Auto
    1972 D Special 4Sp
    1/2 a DS23 Auto
    www.ds23.com.au
    Had a 1974 D Special 4Sp (by now reborn as a Toaster)

mnm

Thanks for that.. you've saved me time with the green slip tip.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Is there any reason why it would fail a blueslip.
    Matthew
    The blue slip seems to be mainly about getting the numbers right on the paperwork.
    I have never had anything more than a cursory glance given to the car in general.
    Make it easy on the inspector by cleaning up the engine numbers so there is no doubt about how they read. Make it easy, write them all down first and give them to the guy to just confirm by sight.
    If you dont have engine numbers or a vin plate get some before you take it for inspection.
    My guy always gets me to double check his number reading. Its not something you want to get wrong.
    The blue slip people have a book which locates the engine numbers on the car. If you are in any doubt about which are the engine numbers, pop in to see a blue slip station and ask for the location of your numbers. Its not being sneaky or anything cleaning the block up pre inspection, they appreciate it.

The RTA has a few hurdles, or flaming hoops depending on the previous situation with rego and ownership and paperwork matching this.
    The blue slip is a paper inspection. The RTA do the electronic side of things so anything like stolen vehicles, written off vehicles or other flags of of suspicion will show up at the RTA.
    If it was registered in your name, thats usually easiest, so take as much of the former paperwork with you.
    It always makes it easier if you have full documentary evidence supporting everything like ownership, engine changes (ownership of car providing donor engine), previous address,current address etc.

Jo

Thread Information