part for 60's D needed
  • Register
  • Help

Default part for 60's D needed

My neighbour Alex with the 1960 ID19 has a seized water pump which he has stripped down to work out if it could be rebuilt...
    In the meantime I gave Alex a Water pump I had in my spares.. there doesn't seem to be any play so hoping it's a good one..
    unfortunately Alex has cracked the alloy housing that the water pump sits on so is hoping someone out there has one for him and then he can get another closer to the road..
    PM or reply and I will pass on any leads or call him on 0430 379 207
    cheers

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails part for 60's D needed-dsc02623.jpg   part for 60's D needed-dsc02624.jpg   part for 60's D needed-dsc02625.jpg  
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Water Pump

The condition of the shaft and the sealing face on the water pump body to seal which is what provides the sealing are the major criteria. The shaft is hard chromed. The impellor is pressed on.
    Shafts are no longer available, hardchroming is expensive, approximately $12o-150 per shaft I have been quoted. Probably cheaper in Melbourne.
    I do have the odd impellor in good condition. A perfect shaft is another matter.
    Replacing the seal in any pump which is not in current use would be prudent.

Seal and bearing kits are available. The body will require facing either in a lathe or on a milling machine to ensure a good seal. I had a spare water pump with NOS shaft and impellor and rebuilt body until recently. There may be another, would need to check with prospective buyer.

Water Pump Manifold

The piece your neighbour is looking for is known as the water pump manifold. I do have an NOS one, however, it is probably spoken for. I would need to check with the prospective new owner.
    This piece in good used condition is difficult to find ( your neighbours example is unlikely to seal at the inlet as it is corroded ) at the best of times. They seem to be sacrificial, the alloy having a high zinc content.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by richo; 4th April 2011 at 11:31 AM.

Thanks for that helpful information...
    I will pass on the information to Alex so he can get in touch with you directly
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jackafrica View Post
    Water Pump

The condition of the shaft and the sealing face on the water pump body to seal which is what provides the sealing are the major criteria. The shaft is hard chromed. The impellor is pressed on.
    Shafts are no longer available, hardchroming is expensive, approximately $12o-150 per shaft I have been quoted. Probably cheaper in Melbourne.
    I do have the odd impellor in good condition. A perfect shaft is another matter.
    Replacing the seal in any pump which is not in current use would be prudent.

Seal and bearing kits are available. The body will require facing either in a lathe or on a milling machine to ensure a good seal. I had a spare water pump with NOS shaft and impellor and rebuilt body until recently. There may be another, would need to check with prospective buyer.

Water Pump Manifold

The piece your neighbour is looking for is known as the water pump manifold. I do have an NOS one, however, it is probably spoken for. I would need to check with the prospective new owner.
    This piece in good used condition is difficult to find ( your neighbours example is unlikely to seal at the inlet as it is corroded ) at the best of times. They seem to be sacrificial, the alloy having a high zinc content.

Hope this helps.
    Rev. Dogboy

1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Fellow Frogger! CorneSoutAfrica's Avatar

I am not sure about the price, but give CTA Holland a shout, they are more than likely to have the shaft if you ever need it. Seal kits too.

Cheers
    Corne
    1968 ID21 break
    1971 DS21 IE BVH Rouge de grenade (Madamoiselle Rouge)
    1974 DS Pallas Sable metalisse My first restoration (Edith) Now BVH
    1973 DS pallas Metallic red. "Rusty"

1947 Traction Avant

Modern

2006 C4 VTS 180 Coupe

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
    - Vincent van Gogh

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    My neighbour Alex with the 1960 ID19 has a seized water pump which he has stripped down to work out if it could be rebuilt...
    In the meantime I gave Alex a Water pump I had in my spares.. there doesn't seem to be any play so hoping it's a good one..
    unfortunately Alex has cracked the alloy housing that the water pump sits on so is hoping someone out there has one for him and then he can get another closer to the road..
    PM or reply and I will pass on any leads or call him on 0430 379 207
    cheers
    G'Day, I have a spare one of those but it has the outlet for the manifold preheat on it.
    Cheers Gerry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails part for 60's D needed-dsc03464.jpg   part for 60's D needed-dsc03465.jpg   part for 60's D needed-dsc03466.jpg   part for 60's D needed-dsc03467.jpg  

That'll work Gerry. I don't know about the manifold preheater?
    The outlet with the threaded holes each side is the heater inlet pipe, on most Ds anyway.
    But this is a 1st front being a 1960, so p'r'aps it does just that.
    holes will be either 5mm or 7mm.
    Have to go through the ID parts books.

There is another difference in the casting, which may not make a huge difference. It will fit.

Both pump and manifold of mine are confirmed SOLD to the owner mentioned previously.

Quote Originally Posted by jackafrica View Post
    That'll work Gerry. I don't know about the manifold preheater?
    The outlet with the threaded holes each side is the heater inlet pipe, on most Ds anyway.
    But this is a 1st front being a 1960, so p'r'aps it does just that.
    holes will be either 5mm or 7mm.
    Have to go through the ID parts books.

There is another difference in the casting, which may not make a huge difference. It will fit.

Both pump and manifold of mine are confirmed SOLD to the owner mentioned previously.
    Great Gents...
    Gerry I will put Alex on to you..
    Cheers!!
    Rev. Dogboy

1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Gerry, all alex needs to do is make a cover plate and gasket.
    The housing will work fine.

Fine then! All Alex has to do is send me an address to post to. I would like to have the postage cost covered. The rest is gratis.
    Cheers Gerry

Default Thanks to Gerry & Richo

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    Fine then! All Alex has to do is send me an address to post to. I would like to have the postage cost covered. The rest is gratis.
    Cheers Gerry
    Thanks Gents for both of your help...
    Alex is right chuffed and no doubt will have his 1960 ID19 running again very soon!
    Cheers !!
    Rev. Dogboy

1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Thread Information