Xantia CT turbo gearbox date changes.
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Xantia CT turbo gearbox date changes.

Does anyone know the date when the CT changed from BE3 gearbox to the ML/5?

Advertisement
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Fellow Frogger!

Our CT is a 97 model and has the manual gearbox with double synchros and roller bearing linkages. It is a treat to change gears.
    I remember a review in the NSWCCC magazine when the CTs first came to OZ (96 or 97) the tester, David Bean raved about the manual gearbox.
    As to which model gearbox we have, i haven't a clue. Sorry.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moulton2speed View Post
    Our CT is a 97 model and has the manual gearbox with double synchros and roller bearing linkages. It is a treat to change gears.
    I remember a review in the NSWCCC magazine when the CTs first came to OZ (96 or 97) the tester, David Bean raved about the manual gearbox.
    As to which model gearbox we have, i haven't a clue. Sorry.
    i agree...it is nice gearbox.
    Its amazing that we dont have any Xantia gurus on here. I guess they just wern't that popular eh?
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

1000+ Posts

Have 2turbos,one an actia,changes beautifully but as to what it is ????????

1000+ Posts

Sorry, left out the V for velocity

Fellow Frogger!

I think Xantias sold in numbers, but owners got p--ssed off, when people mistook their Europen pride and joy for Hondas or another Universal jap car. hence they got the 'boring' tag.
    David Bean ( intrepid tester) who, by 1997 had tested just about every model Citroen (Egs. Ds , GSs, Cxs, valvers, diesels, 24valve XM manual.....) for NSWCCC thought the CT turbo the pick of the lot with its toquey motor, superb clutch and gearbox, excellent handling and larger brakes. As one would expect his test evaluations were hotly debated. Who knows they may be collectable.one day. I bought my first D for $2000 when it was 9 years old and 120k km in 1983!

Hi Folks,

I have a 1998 Xantia Activa CT turbo and it has the ML/5 GB with a hydraulic clutch. I think all the CTs had this gearbox as it was needed to cope with the extra torque. I think it was also used in the Turbo D Xantias as well.

Cheers,

Ken W

Thread Information