A CX Smile
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: A CX Smile

Default A CX Smile

Hi all,

I haven't been around here for a while but I just hlad to post a message about this.

I had to go away on a trip of about 500km and as a family we would normally take the Honda as it has air-conditioning and the wife trusts it. As I was going alone the CX was going to have an out of town experience and I have to say the smile is still on my face hours after arriving.

Every time I drive this car I am just amazed at how right it is to drive, the controls are just in the correct position, it is as comfortable as anything out there and it just eats the distance up. Yes the c-matic might've a bit heavy on fuel based on modern cars, but once you get that speedup it just cruuuuuuuuuuzes along and ooooozes class.

Now if things stop getting into my way I might one day get the turbo back together and have that power and economy the c- matic doesn't - though that c-magic is still great to drive as you have to Drive it to get it going.

All the best

Laurie

Advertisement

Good to hear from you Laurie. I presume that progress has been pretty slow on the turbo. Still, I'm sure that you can have it finished for Cit-In....

I drove the 306 home from it's major service today. They also did some suspension work which fixed the loose front end. But it still crashed and thumped its way home. The CX is SO much more civilised - despite its years....
    Robert Thorne
    Brisbane
    Citroenless - for now...

No I don't think so. I was planning to have it finished and do the 3 hr drive up the road but the quack has said I have to do a drive in the other direction over Easter. This has taken a lot of urgency out of the project but pressure now coming from another angle, someone wants their carport back so they can put their car out of the weather.

If the hospital visit gets cancelled I will be driving up, perhaps in an old c-matic.

Laurie

Good to hear from you, Laurie. I remember a cruise in my old c-matic a few years ago from Melbourne to Adelaide and return via Bendigo and Mildura. It impressed me much the same as yours has. Comfortable, surefooted and secure. Pity about the fuel economy. I hope you'll keep up a trickle of photos of the turbo's progress. not that I can talk - the safari's nearly finished and i haven't posted at all. I'm going to have to learn how to post pictures. My grandson will know. humiliation!
    2006 C5 2.0 HDI estate - daily driver
    1981 2CV - The Amelie project is complete.
    1930 C6F torpedo - My Great Folly! Project under way.

JBN

Lucky Laurie. Even through the haze of Alzheimers, I can still remember so many wonderful drives in the CX. The quintessential Grande Tourer in the true meaning of the word.

I would really like to know what happened to my c-matic wreck, LEQ 181. That brace of twin Weber 45DCNFs really helped the c-matic along. The four throats opening at the same time gave a pleasing note. The fuel consumption was about the same as the original carb when on a trip, but you could get it to consume more for short interesting trips.

John

Thread Information