BX19 CV Joints
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: BX19 CV Joints

Default BX19 CV Joints

I have to replace my CV joints as they are getting really noisy. Should I, get them reconditioned if possible, replace them with second hand items or does any one have any new old stock full drive shafts or where to get them. It is a 91 TZI if that makes any difference.

Also does anyone know where I can get leads from mine are.... well they hold together kind of..

I can't wait till next week am getting the leaks fixed in the hydraulics, return from the octopus thingy.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gazelle View Post
    I have to replace my CV joints as they are getting really noisy. Should I, get them reconditioned if possible, replace them with second hand items or does any one have any new old stock full drive shafts or where to get them. It is a 91 TZI if that makes any difference.

Also does anyone know where I can get leads from mine are.... well they hold together kind of..

I can't wait till next week am getting the leaks fixed in the hydraulics, return from the octopus thingy.
    I don't know to be honest, but would call David Cavanagh (French Connection) as they have been wrecking BX models for a long time.

If they've been getting noisier and noisier, you may by now have stuffed the joints beyond repair. If you go to the Renault forum, one of the R16 owners has a recent thread on reconditioning CV joints, which may be helpful.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

they're not very expensive (here in nz at least) fairly easy to change, too.

Quote Originally Posted by gazelle View Post

As far as I know, all BX19 are the same however, it makes a difference whether the car has ABS brakes or not.
    ABS joints or complete driveshafts are getting VERY difficult to find, and without wanting to sound patronising, if your car has ABS brakes, they won't work properly with non-ABS type joints.
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Fellow Frogger!

If they are noisy then it is a fair bet that they have been damaged past repair.

Best bet is to find a set of useable shafts, strip, clean, regrease and replace boots.

The BX also appears to wear CV joints more than any previous Cit. Is this my imagination or factual?

Regards,

fento

Thread Information