New c5 auto lights
  • Register
  • Help

Default New c5 auto lights

A friend , driving home last night came up to a major delay (roadworks). A long wait was experienced. He turned the car off and listened to the radio for 10 mins or so. The area causing the delay was floodlit. When he was signalled to go forward, he started up and proceeded.When he reached the workmen they signalled
    that his lights were not on. He had assumed that the auto lights on, would activate the lights, it didn't, however he used the stork control and continued on. I assume that the lights would have come on when the influence of the floodlights diminished, automatically.
    I have driven C5s for over 7 years and have relied on the auto light function and like it.

Anyone had this problem, do the auto lights turn on after the floodlight experience?.

Allan.

Advertisement

Yes, I park most days in a covered parking lit with fluorescent tubes.
    When driving in, the auto lights come on almost immediately.
    When driving out, the headlights only come on after a certain distance is covered, say 20 metres.
    Floodlighting as used in road works is strong enough to keep the lights off.
    2003 C5 2.0i AL4 205,000 km 76372389

Thank's Clogzz.

I suspect that if the workmen hadn't pointed out that the lights were not on they would have re activated as soon as he left the floodlit area. Allan

Thread Information