Xantia petrol filler door
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Xantia petrol filler door

Something weird happened today.... the little flap door thingy over the petrol cap in my Xantia feels like it's locked. Something that sounds and feels metallic appears to be blocking the normal opening to access the cap.

Good thing I filled up yesterday. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Mike

Advertisement

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Damnthematrix View Post
    Something weird happened today.... the little flap door thingy over the petrol cap in my Xantia feels like it's locked. Something that sounds and feels metallic appears to be blocking the normal opening to access the cap.

Good thing I filled up yesterday. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Mike
    It has been covered here before...
    xantia fuel cap flap cover won't unlock

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

JBN

I had the same problem, but didn't read the above thread. Fortunately, after a few days (and before the tank ran dry) it came good. I rarely let the tank go down to half full as I don't trust electrics on a Citroen.

I feel that sort of quality control and attention to detail was a factor in Napoleon coming second at Waterloo.

John

Hi Everyone,
    I recently noticed on mine that the locking pin had stuck in the out position. Strangely, it happened when I had the flap removed for another reason. I just gave the pin a squirt with CRC and everything cleared up. I had no idea there was a lever you could access in order to open the flap. I'll have a look for mine, just in case I ever need it.
    Meanwhile, the CRC worked a treat. I suspected it was a little rust or something that made it jam. It seems to be a simple enough solenoid set up connected with the door central locking.

BTW. While on the subject of central locking, regarding the series one rear hatch lock. I removed the link from the lock to the solenoid because I found that it intermittantly left the hatch unlocked.
    Now I know that it's always locked when I leave the car. I just operate the lock using the key.

Cheers....George 1/8th

JBN

George, I think you have hit the nail on the head. Contact cleaner on all the central locking mechanisms is called for when they start to play up. I also had the hatch lock stuff up, but I put that down to having had to replace the hatch (due to a rear ender), by a guy who is half blind, doesn't have a clue about electrics and is impatient (me!). My Xantia had a host of electrical faults when I first got it, but CRC and actually using all the functions has resulted in a car that works.

Still liked the BX fuel flap, which was opened by a key. It meant you had to switch off the engine, remove the key to operate the flap. You never lost the key because it was captured by the flap until it was re-locked. It was also easier opening the flap with a key which simultaneously opened the filler plug. With the Xantia, one has to unscrew the plug, put it in the special holder, which usually results in the plug dropping on the ground. If you are wearing light coloured trouser, the plug ends up under the car and you end up with two black knees from the dirty driveway. Progress!

John

Thread Information