Mel- Bris
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Mel- Bris

Tadpole

Default Mel- Bris

In a bit of a pickle.Any ideas on how I am going to move an ID motor and gearbox from Mel to Bris without re-financing the house?

Advertisement

Try a company called sky logistics. He's a one-man show, and might be able to assist.

Fruit images shown are illustrative of flavour only and are not ingredients of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by slough View Post
    In a bit of a pickle.Any ideas on how I am going to move an ID motor and gearbox from Mel to Bris without re-financing the house?
    Try a company called Tristate Transport they bought my D Special up from Melbourne to Sydney for $490

Best if you can get it strapped on a pallet to get it moved around with less chance of it being damaged

You must be a glutton for punishment. I didn't bid on it because I thought it was too much hassle getting it from Melbourne to Bendigo, given I would need to take lifting gear with me!

I think getting it from Melbourne to Brisbane will be the easy part. Just start ringing around the transport companies and you will eventually find someone who will move it for you at a reasonable price. If the one you are speaking to can't help, ask them who might be able to help. They all seem to know who in their industry does what.

I'd be more worried about how you are going to lift it into the transport at the Melbourne end. A few years ago I moved a DS engine and a couple of gearboxes from Bundaberg to Bendigo. It took two freight companies to move it. First I found a company that could move it from Brisbane to Bendigo, and they told me of a company that shared their Brisbane depot who could get it there from Bundaberg. The key to the whole job, though, was that the bloke I bought it from was happy to go to their local depot, pick up a pallet, put the engine and gearboxes on the pallet, wire them down, and take it all back to the depot. That was the hard part.

Roger

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Brian, I sold a motor/gearbox to Peter Boyd a few years ago.
    He used a trucking company - I deliver it to them - they loaded it onto a pallet and wrapped it in industrial sort of glad wrap. Maybe check with him. Hawk

Fellow Frogger!

Default moving

I believe there is a company that wreckers use to move motors etc

they need to be secured to a pallet (the motors anyway!)

I dont know the name, but with a bit of cunning you should be able to find out and get a price

maybe ask one of our esteemed sponsors such as Dave Cavanagh?

Maybe someone coming to Cit-In could bring it
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

UFO

Yes it's a quandary. Unlike Pug 604s you don't need to tow a trailer with a spare engine everywhere you go.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information