Citroen XSARA 4 Door Anchor Points
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Citroen XSARA 4 Door Anchor Points

Can anyone please tell me where the anchor points for a baby seat are in a 2002 Xsara? I assume the rear of the hatch, but where?

Advertisement
    Last edited by acitroen; 8th March 2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Date

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by acitroen View Post
    Can anyone please tell me where the anchor points for a baby seat are in a 2002 Xsara? I assume the rear of the hatch, but where?
    I've just had a look at the owners manual, it seems there are no anchorages pre-installed? It shows the use of the fitted 3 point seat belts. See attached.

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen XSARA 4 Door Anchor Points-child_restraints.jpg  
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Tadpole

Thanks for your answer. I have a feeling that by law all cars that came to Australia from 85 must have anchor points. My old 89 Mazda had them in the rear of the hatch. The use of the rear seat belt is mandatory with a belt that runs to an anchor point. But where?

Icon12

Thanks for your answer. I have a feeling that by law all cars that came to Australia from 85 must have anchor points. My old 89 Mazda had them in the rear of the hatch. The use of the rear seat belt is mandatory with a belt that runs to an anchor point. But where?
    Our car is an Australian delivered car, OK, there is an additional part to the handbook for Aus delevered cars. (sorry for crappy scan) See new attachment

Edit: added better scan

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen XSARA 4 Door Anchor Points-aus_child_restraints.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

Tadpole

Thats it. Thanks so much.

Icon10

Thats it. Thanks so much.
    My pleasure, I feel bad about referring to the handbook, not a very blokey thing to do

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Thread Information