Please help?
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Please help?

Default Please help?

Can someone tell me how to copy and paste a photo into a thread???

Advertisement

Save the piccy you see and want to your pc then upload it to say photobucket.com or similair then copy and paste it...

Unless of course you can do it straight off the address bar at the top when you are looking at the image....

Default Thanks

I tried the address thing but it didn't seem to work. I'll try the photobucket.com, haven't heard of that before!

hover over photo left click and on drop down menu click on save picture as put it in a file and it is yours
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL View Post
    hover over photo left click and on drop down menu click on save picture as put it in a file and it is yours
    Thanks, I will try that tomorrow, it's late over here in the east!

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day Bert,

bit confused here, do you want to download an image from AF or put your own image on-line/into an AF thread ?

Your initial post suggests the latter. Two ways -

you can upload your own image to photobucket or similar storage site - I've never done it but once your image is uploaded you can obtain it's web address by right clicking it and selecting "copy image location" or similar, then paste this clipboard data into notepad, do this for each image on a new line in notepad. Make your post to AF including all the image locations by copying and pasting the lot from your notepad file.

or -

straight upload to AF using the manage attachments button below where you are typing your response - you need to hit the reply or quote button on the post you are responding to, don't use the quick reply panel. Catch is AF only accepts small files, 100k [1 meg if it is a zip file], I use photoshop elements to shrink the image with the "save for web" option, you can do this a couple of times if the original is really big - this is quick and easy, I would think that most graphics programs would have a similar option.

If you want to save an image that is on line to your local machine just right click and select "save image as" or similar, if you want a decent pix pm the poster and ask the AF'er to email you a real one.

cheers,
    Bob

Thread Information