DS two-tone door
  • Register
  • Help
    mnm

Default DS two-tone door

Me again

Advertisement

let me know if I'm boring you! Is the two-tone paint job on these doors original?

Matthew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS two-tone door-noir-rouge-64.jpg  

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Me again

let me know if I'm boring you! Is the two-tone paint job on these doors original?

Matthew
    Totally, absolutely not original,

This model with the black painted C panel is called a "prefecture" ie: a basic model sold to government departments and should not be painted white inside
    The one in photo is Totally wrong: Interior is off a pallas, ,door panels off a pallas, front has armrest missing the side rails are covered in vinyl and doesn't match pallas interior.
    Take no notice of this car for inspiration as it is made up of half a dozen other models..
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

Matthew, I enjoy seeing everything you're digging up. I don't think any of us get bored seeing pix of Deesse. Hhowever, for your own enjoyment, get yourself a copy of the "Original Citroen DS - The Restorers Guide" by John Reynolds. It'll answer all of your questions and it has some great pix too.

The hardbacks are highly collectible and actually hit GBP1,000 before a third run was done in soft cover a few years back. You'll love it.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]

Fellow Frogger!

M.Citroen,
    I believe you are wrong in that the interior trim shown was typical of a standard DS..even down to the non padded armrest lacking door card for the driver. The interior carpet and plastic coated flooring is typical of NON Pallas DS. The painted black C pillar covering is correct for an administration model.The vehicle in question is from 1968 or 69.

DS

The door cards and seats look totally right including the lack of driver armrest for any earlier model DS car ie pre Pallas designation cars. WHat year did the word Pallas start being used?

The paint job however looks like the owner wanted a cheap colour change and was too cheap to paint the inside of the doors!

Its a second nose car with that dash and seat fabric. Whats that patterned fabric called?

The ashtray on the front seat back looks like a clip on accessory.
    Last edited by DS; 7th March 2011 at 12:00 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

A closer look makes me think the dashboard buttons are round instead of rectangular and the light grey crinkle finish on the dash paint makes me sure it is the older version..later dashboards were dark grey.
    The car is a "real" DS in that it is a BVH and has the period metal door handles and window cranks that are also correct..lesser Ds had plastic door hardware. As to the white inner door paint, I can recall that being possible on real first nose DS 19s....I rather like the look as it opens up the light in the cabin. You will also note the door tops are just painted..Pallas trim was either full leather covers to the window or the vertically stitched vinyl door tops.
    Pity we can't see more but Pallas trim also included stainless trims below the door line over the chassis boxes ( brushed stainless at this vintage not the square printed alloy plates of later years ), chromed door striker plates, trims around the pedal rubbers and leather grab straps on the door pillars.
    The standard DS seat trim was brushed nylon ( Jersey) without any embossed pattern but with a heat welded rectangular pattern of rectangles in seat and backs. Tinted glass was also an option.
    Being a real DS it also has a painted roof not the white that lesser Ds had, and a simple padded roof rail without the thick padding and pillar top interior lights of a Pallas.

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

My mistake, actually the inside of doors WAS painted in Gris Rose or Gris claie (light grey) on some models.

See all the details of "administration" model here:
    http://www.nuancierds.fr/DT%20adm.htm
    Last edited by harrisson_citroen; 7th March 2011 at 07:38 AM.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Boyracer View Post
    Matthew, I enjoy seeing everything you're digging up. I don't think any of us get bored seeing pix of Deesse. Hhowever, for your own enjoyment, get yourself a copy of the "Original Citroen DS - The Restorers Guide" by John Reynolds. It'll answer all of your questions and it has some great pix too.

The hardbacks are highly collectible and actually hit GBP1,000 before a third run was done in soft cover a few years back. You'll love it.
    Good idea!

...and I just nabbed a hard cover version on ebay this evening for $157....which was over $200 cheaper than a second hand soft cover from Amazon....

mnm

I owned a copy of it years ago.. hard cover.. sold it on ebay.. little did I know I'd own a D now!

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    My mistake, actually the inside of doors WAS painted in Gris Rose or Gris claie (light grey) on some models.

See all the details of "administration" model here:
    http://www.nuancierds.fr/DT%20adm.htm
    ditto

I do recall seeing/reading somwhere that on the administration/local govt models the inside was white/grey and the ousides were black and they only had big door rests in the back, the front got none or simple screw in type.
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

Quote Originally Posted by fritzelhund View Post
    ...The standard DS seat trim was brushed nylon ( Jersey) without any embossed pattern but with a heat welded rectangular pattern of rectangles in seat and backs..
    My DSpecial had that type of patterning on the seats when I first bought it. When it came time for recovering no-one could reproduce it.
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

mnm

Helenca? Ahh do I need to translate??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS two-tone door-pubhelanca3.jpg   DS two-tone door-mordore9.jpg  

mnm

Here's another one in green tones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS two-tone door-2tone.jpg  

Thread Information