Xantia.... Stop Warning indicator query
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Xantia.... Stop Warning indicator query

Wonder if you can help me.
    -
    Stop lamp comes on when ignition is on, but recently has been going out IMMEDIATELY when car is started (used to go out after approx 12 secs).
    -
    My accumulator sphere is only a few years old, and tick heard from pump approx every 80 secs.
    -
    Also, when drop suspension to lowest point, then change back to normal, the STOP indicator does not come on anymore during period car is rising.
    -
    Please advise if there are any basic checks I can do to try to resolve this?
    -
    Many Thanks, Steve

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

Maybe, the level indicator in the reservoir has failed??? Why not start there, but also find out which other sensors feed to the stop lamp. I would expect the oil pressure switch would be one.

JBN

Put the car on max height and wait until it stabilises at that level. Then check the level indicator on the LHM tank to confirm that there is sufficient LHM.

Drop the car to its lowest level and then back to its highest level. This nearly always causes the stop light/buzzer to come on, as putting the car to full height drains the LHM reservoir, then dropping it right down and taking it back up doesn't allow enough time for all the LHM in the system to make it back to the tank, setting off the low level light/buzzer.

John

Fellow Frogger!

I know the warning light operates on low oil pressure, worn brake pads, & low hydraulic oil level, I had a problem with this lamp staying on & it was the oil level float unit connections, these are near the plastic float indicator & push on & can get loose giving a fause reading. Tighten the plug GENTLY with pliars until it is a firm fit or replace the connectors if in doubt. If it is not that keep looking!

Lots of luck

agd123

Thread Information