Paris in the Springtime...
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon2 Paris in the Springtime...

Me and my other half are going to be in Paris mid May to mid June with excursions out to Prague, Baden Baden and London in between. As proud owners of 3 D's a BX and a GS, it makes sense to visit the Citroen showroom, oui? After all, I thought, what could be more romantic than that? Hmm, maybe that is not going to be enough. So.. I am looking for some interesting ideas of romantic places to visit in Paris that may or may not be Citroen related. I am also interested in recommendations for a nice place to stay whilst there. I need brownie points basically if this is going to work out well. eg a really good, cheap restaurant that just happens to be around the corner from .......?
    Any ideas?

Advertisement

Icon14 just wander

our hotel in district 13 if you like Vietnamese food cheap and 15minutes from the city centre buy the metro
    And some of the sites you can lose your self for a month it takes a good 3 days to explore the Louvre but do it on a cool day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paris in the Springtime...-our-hotel.jpg   Paris in the Springtime...-cleos-needle.jpg   Paris in the Springtime...-delaise-showroom.jpg   Paris in the Springtime...-delaise-showroom2.jpg   Paris in the Springtime...-delaise-showroom4.jpg   Paris in the Springtime...-delaise-showroom5.jpg  

Paris in the Springtime...-evening-criuse.jpg   Paris in the Springtime...-local-park.jpg   Paris in the Springtime...-moulin-rouge.jpg  
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Tadpole

Default Paris hotel

Thanks for the input Arch. Is the hotel comfy? Price is good.
    Happy to stay where recommendation is genuine rather than online reviews. And yes Im happy to wander Paris for sure. Its been along time since I was there, bit of a blur now. But I want to show she a real surprise casual "discovery" place in Paris that one might not easily find by accident. I dont know what that is yet, but I will know if it turns up here. Je ne sais quoi.

Check that the CitroŽn showroom is open at
    http://www.citroen.fr/c42-champs-ely...hamps-elysees/
    hardly a spot to find a cheap restaurant or cheap anything.
    For a bit of really old Paris walk up the Rue Mouffetard in the Latin Quarter - metro Place Monge - lots of restaurants - I have eaten cheaply and very well in a Lebanese nearby
    Aux Dťlices du Liban

Tťl : 01-44-07-29-99
    3, rue de l'Estrapade
    75005 Paris

The hotel nearby is very pleasant and well located
    http://www.hoteldesgrandshommes.com/

but is hardly cheap.
    I find these serviced apartments cheaper and more practical than hotels - no character but you have a home as you want it, No outrageous breakfast charges.
    http://www.appartcity.com/appart-hot...nce.htm?res=22
    we used their apartments in Le Mans and were very satisfied, after we worked out how to get the keys after hours.

You could introduce yourself to the DS-iD Club de France

http://www.dsidclubdefrance.net/pages/calend.htm
    and join their monthly meeting at the Chateau de Vincennes or the outing to Adventureland

Out of town, there will be a big gathering (including some Australians) at the annual display of old cars at the village of Mourioux-Vieilleville on the 5th June. We will be there and accomodation will be available at about 35 euros per night. Pictures of last year on
    http/apaca.eu

have a good trip.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

UFO

Read this thread too - it's a sticky at the top of the Cit forum

CitroŽn-related things to do in France - what are they?
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Tadpole

Default eating in Paris

Thanks for the advice Gerry. I am not sure if we will have time to venture out of Paris but the info is good for any French car nut visiting France at this time. The Lebanese restaurant seems worth a visit...Cheers

Thread Information