X7 C5 Citroen C5 recall for brake vacuum valve
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Member Tristesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    93

    Default X7 C5 Citroen C5 recall for brake vacuum valve

    I received today by registered mail a letter from Citroen Australia dated 7 February 2011 about a potential problem with the brake vacuum pump valve which needs immediate replacement. Strange how long this communication took to get through but at least it did get through. I am sure I have heard of this before, but maybe not with this model.

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,719

    Default

    I got mine last week and as I was already booking the car in for its 40k km service I added this to the list.

    I HATE registered mail to my home address. Getting to the PO during the week is near impossible.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! Ronhic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    450

    Default

    It may well be a PITA, but by sending it registered, Citroen at least ensured that you got it and have had to acknowledge getting it.....

    ....could have been disasterous if they had sent it regular post and binned it as junk mail (I know you wouldn't have) like some would have...

  4. #4
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhic View Post
    It may well be a PITA, but by sending it registered, Citroen at least ensured that you got it and have had to acknowledge getting it.....

    ....could have been disasterous if they had sent it regular post and binned it as junk mail (I know you wouldn't have) like some would have...
    Yes I know I know...
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  5. #5
    Member myshell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tahmoor
    Posts
    33

    Default recall

    What manufacture dates are we talking about

    Matt
    PUG 406 STDT

  6. #6
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,719

    Default

    This is a link on the fed govt recalls site to anything Citroen related.

    http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in.../itemId/952884
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  7. #7
    Member myshell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tahmoor
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Thanks

    Dad just purchased a 2010 C5 comfort (I think) so I'll look into that. Great car, if I get another drive I'm worried I might be converted.

    Matt
    PUG 406 STDT

  8. #8
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Crafers, SA, Australia
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I have owned my X7 C5 since July 20009, and I have only just received my recall letter via registered post this week (March 24 2011) !!! I see that the original post about this was in November 2010 - I wonder why there has been a 4 month delay in my case for such an important recall notice - Ateco? Dealer?

  9. #9
    JBN
    JBN is offline
    1000+ Posts JBN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwundu View Post
    I have owned my X7 C5 since July 20009, and I have only just received my recall letter via registered post this week (March 24 2011) !!! I see that the original post about this was in November 2010 - I wonder why there has been a 4 month delay in my case for such an important recall notice - Ateco? Dealer?
    After 50 years of Citroen powered brakes, they probably forgot Citroen has gone to Peugeot brakes.

    John

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! Ronhic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    After 50 years of Citroen powered brakes, they probably forgot Citroen has gone to Peugeot brakes.

    John
    You took the words right out of my mouth.....

    ....and it wouldn't have been a recall notice with 'old style' Citroen brakes.

  11. #11
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Glen Waverley Victoria
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myshell View Post
    Thanks

    Dad just purchased a 2010 C5 comfort (I think) so I'll look into that. Great car, if I get another drive I'm worried I might be converted.

    Matt
    Matt
    If that car in your avatar is yours - we are worried too
    Those people that say I know - generally don't.

  12. #12
    jmn
    jmn is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Mangerton NSW
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Mine was first registered October 2009. Certainly haven't received anything yet.
    Previous:
    2009 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
    2003 C5 2.0 auto
    2003 Xsara 1.6 auto
    2000 Xsara 2.0 manual
    1996 306 XR

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmn View Post
    Mine was first registered October 2009. Certainly haven't received anything yet.
    You won't. It only relates to the 2.0l DW10B HDi engine.

    Re the November letter a few posts ago, it must have had some kind of bad postmark as the recall only began at the end of Januuary this year. If there's a postal error, that envelope may have value to a philatelist??? Although it relates to Citreon vehicles, see:
    http://www.totalrecallinfo.com/freerecalls.php?id=22526

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •