Help Please C5 exclusive
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Help Please C5 exclusive

Hi, I have a 2002 C5 v6 exclusive. have had the car for a couple of years goes well, BUT last few days message has come up " serious suspension fault " A local mechanic "not famliar with citroen" could find nothing wrong with the suspension. There was no knocking and there was no leakage of any kind. Would anyone have any suggestions as to what would cause this message to appear. Thanks in advance. Regards des I also have the Citroen diagnostic software, but I am not sure how to use it.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

Depends what it's doing, but you will probably get more information if you can read the specific fault codes the car has recorded. Possibly a failing height sensor (one at each end) which is not an especially costly electronic item. Has the fuse blown for the pump unit (known as the BHI)? If so, it won't adjust the height and you might check for leakage from the LDS reservoir onto the BHI. Sometimes, this damages the brushes and the BHI then fails.

Tadpole

Thanks Davidm I will see if I can find someone who can read the fault codes. I live in Western Victoria and there are no local Citroen agents, I have the diagnostic equipment but I am not sure how to use it. Regards Des

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Desall View Post
    Thanks Davidm I will see if I can find someone who can read the fault codes. I live in Western Victoria and there are no local Citroen agents, I have the diagnostic equipment but I am not sure how to use it. Regards Des
    Hi Des,
    Agree with David S, check the LDS reservoir for correct level, this will give an indication if you have a leak which you can then seriously go looking for. Level is checked with suspension set to LOW and should be sitting just below the filler filter basket. If you need to add LDS don't overfill as this can cause the reservoir to split (the tank does pressurise) correct fluid is essential and is typically orange. These cars do not have a low level warning!!

From there if you still have a problem, on this occasion it may be prudent to visit a Citroen service agent and get those codes checked out and diagnosed.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Tadpole

Thanks Chris, will check the reservoir in the morning, will also see if I can get the diagnostic equipment working to read the faults, Regards Des

Tadpole

Just been through this one.

There was no fault recorded in the ECU, rear height corrector replaced.

Thread Information