Janet's '74 ds23 pallas Auto in cars for sale
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Janet's '74 ds23 pallas Auto in cars for sale

In case someone misses this we have decided to put Janet's '74 Pallas Auto up for sale in the cars for sale on this site.
    It is unlikely that it will sell at this price so in that case we'll put the DS on club plates and take her out not so often.
    Janet has loved this car for many years but the expense of keeping an injected Auto up there in this hot Brisbane climate makes us think that the '74 Special will do okay. Janet's mother and Auntie are old and it is the late D's that have that absolute armchair comfort for our picnic - drives all over.

All the D models are so different from one another and we have totally enjoyed driving them as every day cars.

The '68 Safari is our highway cruiser and the '67 is good around town along with the '74 Special.
    But then the '48 light 15 with D mechanics and our old '54 Big 15 which resides with brother Michael in Victoria are a dream so where does it all end - - - only when we fall off our perches.
    I suppose it seems a bit silly but all this adds up to maybe 50- 65,000 dollars and what can one buy for that. A very boring car.

Advertisement

All the best to fellow D and Traction owners. We know what it's like to drive, what are amongst ( I'm trying to be diplomatic ) the best cars ever made,

John & Janet Paas.

John, I am glad that you are going to hold on to the car. I would love to buy it at the $15,000 you ask. It is the model that I admire of the D's the second most. It would be perfect if it had the 5 speed box. It is even the right colour 'Vert Argent'. I had one just like it years ago (with the 5 speed) and was most upset to have to sell it, ( young growing family--- 5 kids). Sadly I cannot take up the offer to purchase--- There is just not enough room in the garage. Club Plates is the way to go!!
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger!

Appreciate the thoughts Gerry. You've had a busy time like many with kids and all that goes with it but a lot of fun all the same. I saved the old photo of you as a kid next to the Big 6 or 15. It's a great Aussie time capsule. Where is Camperdown ?? I would think Western Victoria but can't think where. Driving the old Big 15 through the Bendigo - Ballarat back blocks is absolute bliss. Being brought up in Geelong in the early 60's has given me the appreciation of the Victorian countryside. Was recently at Hamilton at my sister's farm - - sheep country.
    You've had a lot of experience with tractions. Janet and I have only just cottoned on to how great these cars are so better late than never.

John.

HI John, Yes, Western Victoria, half an hour past Colac. The car in the photo is an 11CL2 1938 ie Light 15.
    I am surprised it took so long to experience the marvels of the TA. But then good things are worth waiting for!!
    Cheers Gerry

I've been for a couple of rides in that car. Janet chauffered me around Brisbane a couple of times. That was a few years ago now. I was impressed by it as a good everyday driving DS.

Roger

Thread Information