Harriet the 62 Id 19 immortalised in oils by renowned artist!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Harriet the 62 Id 19 immortalised in oils by renowned artist!

The Melbourne-based painter Neil Moorhouse who mainly paints coastal environments - often Wilson's Promontory - has done me the honour of choosing Harriet as one of his subjects. It's the lovelist painting. If you are interested in viewing it check out neilmoorhouse.com.au and view his 'contact' link. There you will see the painting as well as a sketch he did of her!

Best wishes,

Tim

Advertisement

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Did you break down or were you just posing for posterity?
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

I didn't even know what he was sketching...I was engaged in my favourite beach-holiday pastime - tinkering with the car in beautiful surrounds when the others are at the beach! Been going to the prom with the cit for years. Looking forward to going again on labour day weekend. I guess it's an unusual car painting - how often do we see a car painted with the bonnet open - hadn't thought of that...

re-gapping the plugs as I recall.

Best wishes,

Tim
    Last edited by Middlemoon.1; 25th February 2011 at 11:43 PM. Reason: add

Nice one Tim, I can understand an artist appreciating those curves, she makes a good life model. (sincerely! )
    '66 404 Wagon
    '78 504 Wagon
    '89 505 GTI S II Familiale

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

That's fanstastic !! Did you notice you get a higher resolution version if you click on it

'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thanks Shane, no I hadn't realised you could do that...don't you reckon it's amazing how good he's got the proportions / colours / details....all with little brushes and a pallet? The guy is a marvel!

UFO

Add a couple of more people under the bonnet and you'd have day 1 of Cit In.
    Great painting. Is it on your birthday wish list?
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

That is pure poetry, it looks so natural.

I reckon this artist could get gigs for the rest of his life doing similar works for the rest of us and our old cars.

Congratulations...

Funny you should say that Craig...besides being a wonderful artist, Neil Moorhouse is an incredible bloke. Despite great interest in the painting, including one person saying they would be his 'slave for life' if he would sell it to them, he presented it to me on my birthday as a gift! Yes Floride it's the naturalness that gets you...he was drawn to the car never having painted another in a long career. citroen / naturalism / beauty / creativity / humanism - go together?

Actually I was wondering where the ranting, raving wife was. Hiding in the caravan while he tries to fix "the shitty car" ??. "Why can't we get a decent car like everyone else ??"
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Aha! I'm certain there have been those times! I'm pretty lucky though. Kathy isn't obsessive about the id like I am but willing to indulge a fair bit. But the great thing about getting away is everyone seems to be entertained by things to do and I get a bit of 'license' to fiddle whereas on the weekends usually there's too much else that has claim on time...and during the week forget it, work is so consuming for me.

Do you reckon I'm being overly romantic about beauty, citroens and the elements etc? Is it just us enthusiasts and the same would go for other kinds of old cars? By far the most enjoyable thing for me about the Id has been the camping, the family and friends with it etc. It's so great in a natural setting. I don't really want to carry on about Bartes and so on but for the life of me I can't imagine the same feeling parking a Ferrari or Holden - anything else - in the bush and getting the same feeling - just bias? Ah well...
    Last edited by Middlemoon.1; 26th February 2011 at 02:13 PM.

So you did't have a rear guard drop off while you were driving down the 4wd tracks (towing the camper trailer) in your ID19 ?? ... while rust flakes fell down from the roof frame onto SWMBO's head I guess I never cleaned out the pillars after wire brushing and paint the roof frame

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Nah - I'm too busy waxing on about...'see...try doing this with any other car' and then 'Oh that...that's nothing, I'll fix that later' etc etc...' I'll never forget a trip up the East Coast where we haunted the Prado boys with their $100Ks worth of gear by going everywhere they did....priceless.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Middlemoon.1 View Post
    Do you reckon I'm being overly romantic about beauty, citroens and the elements etc? Is it just us enthusiasts and the same would go for other kinds of old cars? By far the most enjoyable thing for me about the Id has been the camping, the family and friends with it etc. It's so great in a natural setting. I don't really want to carry on about Bartes and so on but for the life of me I can't imagine the same feeling parking a Ferrari or Holden - anything else - in the bush and getting the same feeling - just bias? Ah well...
    No you're not being overly romantic ! We all surround ourselves with things we like or identify with. Everybody on this forum has got a relationship with a french car in some way for either the beauty/aesthetic'/ 'Frenchness' or the technical difference (the older ones in particular !).

For me your ID reminds me of the first one I saw at the '56 motor show with my admiring father explaining its uniqueness. From then it's the company the cars kept. Thinkers, artists, professionals or just 'hands dirty' car appreciators enthralled by how it worked. Later on the students, maybe the younger brothers or sisters of those who drove tractions to uni when I was teenager. Citroens like yours are a work of art and you are refusing to bow to the usual relegation to 'Sunday car syndrome' and use it as was first intended - The family car!.

You drive a work of art and now somebody has executed a beautiful painting of it. Not on a gleaming forecourt but grease stained bonnet up in a natural setting and with the natural order of regular maintenance captured forever

Nice painting , nice car!
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

Thanks Trading...hey there's a nice looking black traction in WA on carsales...i've sometimes wondered - I don't want to go later (unlike my son who turns 16 this year), but I could imagine going earlier! Interesting ad - looks pretty original. Have you seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by Middlemoon.1 View Post
    citroen / naturalism / beauty / creativity / humanism - go together?
    Beautiful painting I do agree. However let's not get too carried away with the above statement.
    With the passage of time we want to adorn Citroen with all types of qualities, but do not forget that in the late sixties the Citroen company was reknown for its hardline regarding its employees, at thetime it was management fighting the workers, strike breakers, private militia and the rest. It may come as a surprise to some of you, but it was the reality in those days.
    So great cars yes, but Citroen and humanism , definitely not

C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

Well - economic rationalist tendencies in later years aside, the inherent humanism of the marque could not be more pronounced in my view. I'd add to the mix in defence though that Citroen in the early days provided high quality creche facilities so that french women could work alongside male counterparts...don't ask me about rates of pay though...

Tim

Some posters from those days when I was growing not far from the Citroen factories.
    You all know how much I love the marque, but Tim, no there is no link whatever with humanism at Citroen as they always have been leaning seriously to the right.
    As I said it may come as a surprise to a lot of you, but Citroen has a history of being on the consrvative side of politics. Don't get me wrong,the alternative designs and avant-garde thinking DOES attract drivers and followers who enjoy being different, and likely to BE humanists themselves.
    But the cars such as the DS Pallas in those days was driven by right thinking capitalists and . I guessthe same today with the C6. Sarkozy and the French right drive C6, so did Nuclear proponent Chirac and DeGaulle, their preferred brand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Harriet the 62 Id 19 immortalised in oils by renowned artist!-imagescal90i21.jpg   Harriet the 62 Id 19 immortalised in oils by renowned artist!-imagescahg1kp7.jpg   Harriet the 62 Id 19 immortalised in oils by renowned artist!-imagescarslood.jpg  
    Last edited by harrisson_citroen; 26th February 2011 at 04:30 PM.

C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

That's a worry...but have you got anything on Hendre?

Andre?

C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

Whoops - that's him

Andre was long gone when the first DS came out of the factory.
    He had visions of emulating Henry Ford by mass producing cars and pushing for high production numbers ie screwing the workers at hisfactories. He was almost megalomaniac.
    Not reall y a humanist methinks.

C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

Yeah I know but those blokes just want to appropriate greatness don't they? Like Hitler? I'm talking about humanism in a philosophical sense of art and our consciousness playing a greater role in the process of creating an automobile...agh! I said I didn't want to talk about Bartes! I agree though we shouldn't look back with rose-coloured glasses...

Tim

Exactly right.
    Sorry I diverted from the topic. A beautiful painting , once again

C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

Don't know about Andre as you paint him. I have material that describes him differently - also, the DS heritage goes way back of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information