C2 Paint Code Location
  • Register
  • Help

Default C2 Paint Code Location

Hi,
    Looking for the paint code on my 2005 C2. I assume it is one of the numbers/codes on the passenger door pillar. Wondering if anyone on the list would know exactly where the code is located.

Advertisement

Cheers,
    Anthony O'Brien

Yes, the paint code is on a decal located on the 'b' pillar inside the passengers doorway.

The paint code is the first three characters, the fourth is the trim code.

What is RPO?

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney View Post
    What is RPO?
    Same as what people refer to as ORGA or DAM and it's the build day index, which started from 9 November 1976 and increments each day. The last two positions (CA in the photo) are the assembly factory.

You often find the paint code stencilled on the firewall, radiator support or, as for an XM, on a strut mount.

Thanks for the help,

I thought that code would be the paint but was thrown by the four letters. The site I have checked codes with in the past (http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au...es_citroen.htm) only has three letters per paint code for colours newer than 1990. A little further research has confirmed that 'sunshine yellow' is indeed coded as KBNB**.

Cheers,
    Anthony O'Brien

I'm back......

Went to my local auto paint shop in Ballina and they could not find KBNB (Sunshine Yellow) in their system. I have bought touch up paint for the C5 and C4 from them in the past.
    Rang a larger paint shop in Lismore, they could not find the paint in the three systems they could check. Suggested I ring a dealer with my VIN to check the code.
    Dealer looked up the VIN and came back with a new code E1PO (Opaque Yellow)
    Neither the Ballina nor Lismore paint shop could find this in their systems.

Now looking for a touch up paint supplier and am wonder if anyone on the list can recommend an online supplier with a knowledge of Citroen paints.

Thanks

Fellow Frogger

Buy the genuine touch up bottle from the dealer if it's only a small thing you want to fix. A dealer can look up the colour name for you, but if it's a larger repair than the factory touch up bottle would allow you may want to try a panel shop or one of those mobile scratch and paint operators.

Thread Information