2CV Handbrake pad removal
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 2CV Handbrake pad removal

Hi

Advertisement

I have an 87 2CV6 Special , can the handbrake pads be replaced without taking the calipers off ,

Im hoping they can , and also where would I get this LHM hydraulic oil for the brakes ,, it has disk brakes on the front

Tadpole

A very big yes though it is better to remove the front guards for better access.
    I remove the hand brake cables and then the levers then with a magnet it is easy to remove the old button pads.
    The adjustments can be time consuming but after you look at how they work it is a breeze.
    Most good auto parts places have LHM and the Citroen Club in your state will be able to help.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Thanks Bob

Will give it a go , happy Frogging

Thanks for the quick reply

I kind of understand how the handbrake section works , typical Citroen or French,,,,, strange but works OK
    Last edited by Renburg; 20th February 2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Add

Fellow Frogger!

Default Hi again

Am running the 2Cv around a lot today ,, my other car Honda Jazz has failed a gearbox bearing at 20,000 Kms , I saw a nice yellow Megane with F1 stickers on and it looked good

Renault make a nice F1 motor but aussies dont seem to take to the French brand

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by Renburg View Post
    Am running the 2Cv around a lot today ,, my other car Honda Jazz has failed a gearbox bearing at 20,000 Kms , I saw a nice yellow Megane with F1 stickers on and it looked good

Renault make a nice F1 motor but aussies dont seem to take to the French brand
    Did you end up replacing the handbrake pads, or do you carry a brick around with you?

John

Fellow Frogger!

Default Jbn

I carry 2 pieces of 2x4 in the boot and use them , the wife thinks the handbrake is OK

Im not sure,,,,as I drove with it on and may have deteriorated it but how can you tell???

Have not ordered parts

Thread Information