Citroen Ebay listings..
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... Last
Like Tree248Likes

Thread: Citroen Ebay listings..

Icon12 Citroen Ebay listings..

Thought this was worth bringing to the attention of BX16v fans here...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Citroen-BX-16...item20b5dfd166

Advertisement

Currently $516.00 with 2 days remaining, the front bumper is worth more than that

I know nothing of the car, bid at your own risk

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Seems cheap, then the k's tend to make one wonder about the 16 valves and their associated bits.
    The stories of BX owners ( car ) woes do frequent more often than not.

For an aficionado of the model, perhaps it is a good one to buy and preserve if it hasn't had the full plastic fatigue malaise occur.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by jackafrica View Post
    Seems cheap, then the k's tend to make one wonder about the 16 valves and their associated bits.
    The stories of BX owners ( car ) woes do frequent more often than not.

For an aficionado of the model, perhaps it is a good one to buy and preserve if it hasn't had the full plastic fatigue malaise occur.
    I think real 16v enthusiasts are thin on the ground, they (the cars) certainly do require constant upkeep. An aquired taste, they can be very rewarding and as you are about to fall head over heels they kick you in the 'ice hole'

It's strange but there is possibly more value in parts than as a whole car, punters will pay $1500.00 for a good front bumper? Might be a little early but give it a few of years and good examples, if you can find one will start to command decent dollars...

...again, I must state I know nothing of this particular car, owning one though I do have a vested interest in seeing the bidding a little more enthusiastic

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    they can be very rewarding and as you are about to fall head over heels they kick you in the 'ice hole'

Cheers
    Chris
    ...true to form, hours from the auction ending???

Quote Originally Posted by Ebay Q and A
    Q: Is the car still for sale?
    A: CAR IS NOT FOR SALE ANY MORE AS IT IS NO LONGER AS DESCRIBED.(SOME MECHANICAL PROBLEMS) PLEASE DO NOT BID!!!! THE CAR IS WITHDRAWN FROM SALE. APOLOGIES TO ALL WATCHERS AND BIDDERS

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

it was sold off ebay for about $ 1000 , the noise was a timing belt tensioner squealing , we were top bidder , till he sold it

Gutted would of been a cheap car.....

Fellow Frogger!

Personally I smell a rat..

The whole "have a bet both ways" by having the car "no reserve".. then a (timely) mechanical issue that gives leave to the seller to cancel the auction if the bids aren't near the reserve in his head. Then immediately having a non ebay sale quite close to the approaching ending price that preclude any bidders from further negotiations.

Anyway just a hunch..

There is a CX turbo on Ebay uk now
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    ...rare car being a metal bumpered, series 1 GTi Turbo. That'd make a good project for someone.
    Franklin.
    2010 Citroen C4 By Loeb - Limited Edition No 1490
    1986 Citroen CX 25 Prestige - Roger Bradford's Prestige
    1985 Citroen CX 25 GTi Turbo - Series 1
    1976 Citroen CX Rally Car - 1977 London To Sydney Replica

Icon3 Citroen Xantia Activa Turbo Ct (1998) 5D Hatchback 5

22-12-10 with 5 days to run

This one looks interesting... but with rear end damage, pics yet to be posted.

Citroen Xantia Activa Turbo Ct (1998) 5D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Citroen-Xanti...item230cb335b5

*Edit: Same seller has the car listed twice, this time with pics and 9 days to run $1500.00 buy it now or make an offer
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1998-Citroen-...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers
    Chris
    Last edited by GreenBlood; 22nd December 2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: More info
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Citroening View Post
    ...rare car being a metal bumpered, series 1 GTi Turbo. That'd make a good project for someone.
    He hasn't "looked underneath" since 2001 You'd be seriously wanting to get that sucker up on a hoist before you even dreamed of bidding

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    22-12-10 with 5 days to run

This one looks interesting... but with rear end damage, pics yet to be posted.

Citroen Xantia Activa Turbo Ct (1998) 5D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Citroen-Xanti...item230cb335b5

*Edit: Same seller has the car listed twice, this time with pics and 9 days to run $1500.00 buy it now or make an offer
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1998-Citroen-...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers
    Chris
    That doens't look like an easy fix to me, the tailgate doesn't even come close to lining up... it looks like the hole @sre end is bend downward a small amount, the door opening looks like it's out of shape and the bumper doesn't fit...... I think there will be some extensive damage hidden behind that little dent there

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    Aaargh, in a wrong continent. My heartbeat already increased to 145bbm.
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    He hasn't "looked underneath" since 2001 You'd be seriously wanting to get that sucker up on a hoist before you even dreamed of bidding

seeya,
    Shane L.
    If it was possible to safely get it on a hoist without folding in half! Although perhaps a four poster might do it.

Is it even an Activa - I was under the impression that Australia only got S2 cars!
    2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    If it was possible to safely get it on a hoist without folding in half! Although perhaps a four poster might do it.
    Not a problem, actually it would be good. Just import the front.

Was this a BX 16v thread originally?
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by kimmo View Post
    Was this a BX 16v thread originally?
    Na, the intention was for a 'spotted on Ebay' thread (Citroen cars or parts)... I check occasionally especially for parts and keep coming across some nice orphans.

The CT Turbo is advertised as an Activa, but I agree with Joel, may well not be the case?

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post

seeya,
    Shane L.
    If you assumed the worst you'd probably still be an optimist with that one, by Oz standards at any rate.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Icon3 C5 HDi 2001

23-12-02

How about a 2001 C5HDi for 99cents (starting bid). 4 days to run

Sounds like timing belt snapped and it now has a few bent valves...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Citroen-C5-20...item3a61a5c396

Cheers.
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Fellow Frogger

It may have shed the outer of the harmonic damper rather than snapping the belt. (Something to watch for if you own this model - mark it to see if the rubber is letting go) It's an early example, has done 270K, it's got some body damage and there is a reserve set for it, so the economics are probably rather suspect. However, you may get lucky and find it's just snapped a few of the rockers and the valves are OK.

Edit - Missed the bent piston bit??? = major work and you'd probably be better off with a used engine.
    Last edited by David S; 23rd December 2010 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    It may have shed the outer of the harmonic damper rather than snapping the belt. (Something to watch for if you own this model - mark it to see if the rubber is letting go) It's an early example, has done 270K, it's got some body damage and there is a reserve set for it, so the economics are probably rather suspect. However, you may get lucky and find it's just snapped a few of the rockers and the valves are OK.

Edit - Missed the bent piston bit??? = major work and you'd probably be better off with a used engine.
    270K eh. I'd be very wary, even at $10. There are plenty of good secondhand cars around that don't need fixing. And the need for major item fixing can sometimes come from neglect (of everything) as well as from bad luck.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post

David, I enjoy the speculation in these type of threads (cars that are too rusty to inspect on a hoist etc, panel damge that makes a repair unviable ect.), also the knowledge that can be inadvertently imparted. It is the kind of discussion that we stopped by imposing a no-reply policy to our cars for sale forum. Here (in this thread) sellers are anonymous so fair game for good and bad press.

With the C5 (no I'm not interested in bidding), do you see a real posibility of damage to a piston before rockers or valves? Would I be correct in suggesting a snapped cam belt as the likely cause of it's woes?

To have reached 270K either the auto has been worked on or it is the lucky AL4

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    Pallas with the vinyl roof. I actually like the look of the vinyl roof.
    CX Register

Fellow Frogger

Nothing like a bit of idle specluation about someone else's problem!

(Re the C5 a copuple of posts up ...)
    In my limited experience, every cam belt failure I can recall has been because something else failed rather than the cam belt simply snapping. All of the failures I can recall have been due to water pump or tensioner failures or the auxiliary belt came loose first and made the cam belt skip a few teeth. All of these are more likely due to neglect or lack of awareness rather than being plain unlucky.

In this case, for $1,200 they've presumably changed more than just the timing belt and it didn't fix it. Sounds like it's pretty close to being a parts car though and the buyer will find more than they bargain for. You'd want to inspect it unless it sells for a silly low price. You will only know for sure if the piston, rod and/or crank are damaged by removing the head and checking the piston crown versus the deck height of the block. Since the bores are part of the block and the pistons are matched to the block, a damaged piston presents something of a problem!

Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... Last

Thread Information