• Register
  • Help
Page 78 of 80 First ... 286874757677787980 Last
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 1981
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Citroen Ebay listings..

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    another nice DS23 Pallas for sale in Australia...again with higher asking price than the D normally has seen
    https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...m_medium=email
    what a lovely looking car. It will be interesting to see what an automatic brings! I don't know why, but that car looks "right" to me, where as some of the other very high priced cars, just look wrong for some reason (its probably all in my head).

seeya,
    Shane L.

Advertisement
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thank God I'm a Fwenchman harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Yes, it is lovely, but also a strange mixture of what generally the so called experts would pick on . Such as the painted headlight buckets.
    In a way it feels unmolested, but a closer look will show that it has been. The interior is obviously a mixture of old and new, the non genuine reversing lights, the badges way too high, the faded rear blinkers, the melted steering wheel, and faded stalks show that it has , like the rest of them, seen plenty of sunshine. But yes, that paintwork and colour combination just makes it so attractive, and somehow it feels like , if you were to sit in it, it would be full of that elusive "DS-ness" we hunger for.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Fellow Frogger

Recent paintwork judging by the partly cleaned boot.
    See also: https://classicthrottleshop.com/1974...-vert-argente/

It makes me cringe thinking they can present a D for top dollar and it's missing the access cover on a light bucket, that just says we are rank amateurs and don't know Jack. Who's Jack? Throttle shop two bit second rate used car salesmen...

on second thought the cover might be around but to photograph the car with this is really poor.

ps I'm not having a dig at the owner or the car, it's a nice car however the advertiser...
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 22nd September 2018 at 10:02 AM.

"...correct ... correct ... original ... fitted with cross-ply Michelin tyres points to a car that has been exceptionally well maintained. ..."
    Last edited by fnqvmuch; 20th September 2018 at 11:43 PM.
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

The tail lights are D Special not DS

A different Cit for sale, now!
    https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/d...6271171/?Cr=25
    Can any 'frog' shed any light on this? A dealer in Adelaide (guessing not a cit dealer) has had this advert running for some weeks so far. Mistakes in the listing - like stating petrol but pic is HDi 16 engine cover. Also states 4sp auto, but I'm guessing that this is another mistake. Should be 6sp by 2010, right? Who traded their beautiful C5 to this dealer, and now wants to tell me more about it (facts please), as Adelaide is a long way from my abode for an inspection! Any info gratefully appreciated. Jez
    Xsaras
    It is definitely an obsession!
    C4
    C5

Fellow Frogger!

The 2 ltr petrol still had the AL4 & the gear change would seem to confirm this. The 6 speed arrived with the new 1.6 ltr..

Thanks for your speedy reply citronut. Working on your tip, I have checked the pics of auto selectors on the four PULP X7s listed, and the selector looks the same to me on all of them. Two examples state 1.6L turbo, and one of those has a pic from under the bonnet that confirms the turbo. The 2.0L 2010 model also has an under bonnet pic, which looks like non-turbo to me. As you say, the 1.6s state 6sp auto, while the 2.0 states 4sp auto... All that confirms your message, but I cannot see what is different about the selectors between the 4sp and the 6sp. I do think that those three have correct information for the vehicles. My interest is in the red one. Whether red ones go faster or not, I think that this red one looks beautiful compared to the grey/silver others. Anyway, the red one appears to be inaccurate in the details. Pic says diesel, but details say petrol. The original owner (should they be an aussie frog??) would be able to confirm my suspicion about inaccuracies in the dealers description. Am I hoping for too much? Take care. Jez
    Xsaras
    C4
    C5

Fellow Frogger

The red car is correctly listed as a 'Comfort', which is what dealers called them at the time. However, it is not the petrol 4 cylinder with 4 spd (AL4) auto, which was available concurrently and looks the same, but the uprated DW10C engine 2.0HDi released in 2010 with a 6 speed (AM6) full auto. The VIN will include the letters RHH and is the best way to know what you are looking at in a confusing lineup.

The Comfort model is easily picked because it has spheres under it, halogen headlamps, part cloth seats and an electric handbrake or at least is lacking the regular manual lever used on some later cars with coil springs. I think the colour is in fact the stunning Eritrea Red rather than Rouge Profund as listed.
    GreenBlood, FiveSoFar and UFO like this.

Just like mine. Exactly as DavidS said. lovely car. Allan.
    FiveSoFar likes this.

Thanks for the expert advice David S. I was pretty sure that the advert was inaccurate. I love the colour whatever it is called. I would prefer the manual (handled) handbrake and manual gearbox as well, but... I'm not going to op for coil springs if that is what it takes to get a manual handbrake! and manual C5s are very scarce and 'older' than X7s, or overseas,,, right?
    Yes, tasie C5. Just like yours according to your avatar.
    I hope that yours doesn't have that scrape plus white paint like the Carsales example, but I am trying to convince myself that I will be able to buff off the white and live with the tiny scratch!
    Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I love this froggy forum, and am still hoping that the prev. owner will comment here any day soon! Too much to wish for? Probs
    Jez
    Xsaras
    C4
    C5

UFO

I just sent a mssg to Mrs UFO asking her if she wants another C5.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    I just sent a mssg to Mrs UFO asking her if she wants another CX.
    Fixed it for you!
    UFO likes this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Fixed it for you!
    I know of a rarely used CX Turbo. Maroon, Victoria registered. Can't get out of the garage because it's blocked by old Range Tip Overs
    FIVEDOOR and David S like this.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    I know of a rarely used CX Turbo. Maroon, Victoria registered. Can't get out of the garage because it's blocked by old Range Tip Overs
    Pfftt.... I'll have you know that tired old CX is doing a sterling service given all I did was hose the dust off it and fit a battery ............. Shame about the steering being way off center (waiting on me to fit new tie-rods and setup the center position).... the dead rear sphere... the fact it feels like its sheered a rear rollbar bolt (again ... it did that about 15years ago). You just can't kill the mighty CX You could say, it's a bloody ripper of a car to drive single handedly too
    UFO and David S like this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Fellow Frogger

For those in SA. C5 facelift V6 with 6 speed auto in Athelstone, Adelaide. Blue / beige leather. $1,400.
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/alex...-c5/1195104931
    No rego and it evidently has a few problems to sort out, but these are a lovely car to drive.

Check out this lovely 1957 DS19 in NZ
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car...1788809424.htm

Fellow Frogger

That DS19 is certainly very pretty, but it was for sale almost exactly two years ago at about the same price. Either it is being resold or it never sold in 2016. It's probably better value than the green auto at a similar asking price mentioned here a few weeks ago. However, the pool of potential buyers wanting a very early model is probably not that deep.

The 6 speed C5 V6 in Adelaide I mentioned a fortnight ago is still on Gumtree. There are a couple of early 4 speed C5 V6s from 2001 on Gumtree also. The early cars didn't have a rear wiper and many came with attractive velour trim instead of the leather that later became usual to lift the spec a little.

There's also an attractive Xsara VTS with a few warts available in Sydney for what is not a lot of money.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    For those in SA. C5 facelift V6 with 6 speed auto in Athelstone, Adelaide. Blue / beige leather. $1,400.
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/alex...-c5/1195104931
    No rego and it evidently has a few problems to sort out, but these are a lovely car to drive.
    further reading would indicate that car is now in Queensland. Alexandra Hills is an outer eastern Brisbane suburb.

Not Ebay, but Car Sales.com
    Beautiful Light 15 Traction Avant in Trentham Victoria. This car is personally known to me as is the owner. It represents a real quality investment. https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-5696429/?Cr=0
    Cheers Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    Not Ebay, but Car Sales.com
    Beautiful Light 15 Traction Avant in Trentham Victoria. This car is personally known to me as is the owner. It represents a real quality investment. https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-5696429/?Cr=0
    That is the perfect driver. The paint is aged and a little scruffy, so you wouldn't be worried about driving it and getting stone chips/scratches. And just look how nice the interior is!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

that is a rip snorter. jazz. nice.

Not ebay, but traction and some parts at a clearing auction at Rochester, Vic (found whilst reading a kombi forum) http://www.khre.com.au/clearing-sale...-5afd044da1654
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

Page 78 of 80 First ... 286874757677787980 Last

Thread Information