Citroen Ebay listings.. - Page 3
  • Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 77 First 12345671353 ... Last
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Citroen Ebay listings..

Chris - won't it be too humid to spray in there? Afterall, it's a giant hothouse?

I keep on telling my mate that, who has a similar set up (painting his MX5) - I suppose the results will show?

Advertisement
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    Chris - won't it be too humid to spray in there? Afterall, it's a giant hothouse?

I keep on telling my mate that, who has a similar set up (painting his MX5) - I suppose the results will show?
    Actually it's not too bad in that respect, but you'd still be waiting for ideal weather conditions, something we haven't seen for close to 12 months in Brisbane (I'm still waiting). I would still remove panels and say paint two doors and a rear guard at any one time... quite illegal of course

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by George 1/8th View Post
    Hey David,....this worries me. How the hell can a loose auxilary belt make the Cam Belt "skip a few teeth".
    Forgive me but this sounds extremely unlikely/improbable/impossible. The cambelt is housed in a protective casing and cannot come into contact at all with the accessory belt. If the cam belt was loose then "maybe" there was a timing problem on the horizon anyway.
    A seizure of the water pump or tensioner pulley could do it, but not the auxillary belt.

BTW. One thing I found on my Xantia was that you cannot use the timing marks on the harmonic balance when timing the cambelt because over time the harmonic balance slips out of timing alignment from the belt action caused from driving the HP pump. The pump resists the torque from the H'balance as it switches in and out and this creates the slippage in the H'balance, so it goes out in regard to the timing marks.
    I had to ignore the H'bal timing marks and go by the crank position, as it cannot 'go out'. The crank position can be determined by the woodruff key position , approx 3 or 4 o'clock.
    Had I followed the manual and believed the markings on the H'bal I would have killed the engine as soon as I started it up.
    Just something to watch out for.
    Cheers...George 1/8th

George, it's a definite possibility and exactly what happened on a BX 16 Valve, a Kangoo and a 405 8 Valve that come to mind. All of them dropped the auxilliary belt for one reason of another, the driver kept driving (didn't hear the noise, hoped for the best, had to get there etc..) ... and then they stopped. Certainly no existing cam belt issues in all cases. If it just falls off then you would be correct, but if it gets wrapped around and pushes under the cam belt cover, then it could cause the cam belt to skip some teeth. The cover is only a thermoplastic after all and can quite easily be cut or torn.

If the rubber on your damper is slipping, get a new one before the outer parts company with the inner and does some damage. It's not meant to slip. Ignore at your peril.

Default 1998 Xantia Estate Car on eBay current 14hrs to go

Does anyone have an opinion about the auto box issue on this car? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm kinda 'not' interested in bidding but if I came across one later on down the track (ie, closer to home and I magically gain some more workspace etc etc) then possibly yes. I'm just wondering about what the 'range of gremlins' are in these.....
    The ZF box shouldn't be playing up at those miles should it??

Unfortunately, there is always more to the picture than meets the eye....

Quote Originally Posted by svengali0 View Post
    The ZF box shouldn't be playing up at those miles should it??
    Could it be AL4 gearbox for 1998 or did they debut for 1999 models ?
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

My 98 sedan wreck has the AL4, and as far as I know all series 2 in Aus (as this wagon is) had the AL4.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    Great result kimmo, nice to see genuine commitment

For what it's worth, D(very)Special is housed in one of those carport things you buy from Supercheap $176.00 complete with full sides front and back zip doors, I've dynabolted it to the pavers and so far it has handled all the big winds and storms Brisbane has thrown at it. The D fits with enough room to open doors on both sides, and a few metres front and back, I reckon it would make a good makeshift spray-booth

Cheers
    Chris
    I see a shed in the background ..... Empty crap out of the shed and put the DS in there Maybe the crap from the shed can go into the carport thingy .... I've found they last about 30seconds in the open ... You however look nice and sheltered there from the wind

I bought a 6 x 3metre gazibo a few years ago, it came with 4 "nails" and 4 pieces of string to tie it down with.... I could break the string between my hands Yes a 6 x 3meter sail area and 4 nails and twine . I went and purchased 6 enormous tent pegs and 6 rope annexe tiedowns with the built in spring tensioners. That kept it there for a couple of months until it destroyed itself in a gust of wind.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    My 98 sedan wreck has the AL4, and as far as I know all series 2 in Aus (as this wagon is) had the AL4.
    That would be correct, except there were some facelifted 8 valves and they continued to use the ZF gearbox. So, you can't always assume a facelifted Xantia has the AL4. From the description, it will immediately need $1K spent with no guarantee that the gearbox will be 100% after the repair or hasn't already been damaged. Still, if you get it for very little and pay the $5K for a new gearbox, fitted commercially, it could still turn out to be inexpensive motoring. Or find a manual 16 Valve wreck and do a conversion?? You just have to make sure ther's not another $5K of things to fix too, like brakes, spheres, heater core, catalyst, strut tops etc. etc.. The automatic gearbox is by far the larget potential liability in this case.

Default eBay

Thankyou for this. I get the strong impression that the modern french cars are decidedly delicate and no where near as long lived as previous models. The temptation to press 'buy' can be compelling though unwise in most cases.

Fellow Frogger

All cars do and have weak points, but new cars have them in different areas to old ones. There are lots of 'modern' French cars that have travelled several hundred thousand km, which is exceptional service whaen you stop to think about it. Like any model from any manufacturer, you just have to be aware of what could go wrong and what it would cost to put right. Preferably work this out before you get in too deep. Like the doggy old Roller that csot it's owner so much to keep going that he would have been better off crushing it the day he bought it!

That Xantia could be a good proposition for someone at the right price. However, you could just as easily spend $5K on what looks good and find it still really needs another $5K spent if you are being particular. Remember, the youngest is now 11, so you are exposed to 11+ year old car maintenance problems.

I have had 3 Xantias with a standard hydraulic suspension and manual gearbox. They gave no problems at all. The one with hydractive suspension and the automatic box had problems with - yes - hydractive suspension and the ZF gearbox (only the cable and the linkage though).
    Admittedly, the bad one was 15 years old and the other ones no more than 5 year old
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

Icon12 Citroen ds19 pallas rare show condition

Couldn't resist posting this one... very nice, very nice indeed

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITROEN-DS19-P...item19c23e5aed

Two days to run sitting at £18,200.00, 30 bids and not met it's reserve.

200+ pics here - http://picasaweb.google.com/josepinto11

Happy bidding

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

Happy bidding

Cheers
    Chris
    Can only say WOW! That's quite a car.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Icon3

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITROEN-DS19-P...item19c23e5aed

Two days to run sitting at £18,200.00, 30 bids and not met it's reserve.

200+ pics here - http://picasaweb.google.com/josepinto11

Happy bidding

Cheers
    Chris
    £19,000.00, 33 bids and not hit reserve. [4 hours to end]

Even if it doesn't sell it's good to see some healthy bidding

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Icon3

£19,000.00, 33 bids and not hit reserve. [4 hours to end]

Even if it doesn't sell it's good to see some healthy bidding

Cheers
    Chris
    Ended without a result £20,100.00 39 bids, did not reach reserve...

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Icon12 Citroen CX Pallas, 1976

Worth a mention... some would pay the asking for perfect door trims

Ambitious starting price at $7,500.00 with 13 day to run?

Citroen CX Pallas, 1976 Unique, 44,000 miles, all documented. Two owners only.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Quote Originally Posted by Ebay
    A unique opportunity exists to own a true European classic vehicle. I am only the second owner of this vehicle which has only covered 44,000 miles since new. Originally owned and purchased in Singapore by an Australian diplomat and brought back to Australia with him three or four years later. The car covered very few miles before being placed in storage for many years. It has not suffered any of the sun damage typical in these cars and the interior is perfect. It has recently been repainted in the original silver, new tyres fitted to the mag. wheels, a new main accumulator fitted to hydraulic system and a new compressor to the air conditioner. All the original books and service history are with the car, from new up to today. I have always had the car serviced by Nick at Cars of France (Citroen experts).
    Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

If there's really nothing to spend on that CX at$7500, and it has Diravi and C-matic, it's not an unreasonable price at all for the apparent condition. Pity it is so far away or I'd go and have a look and get into trouble.....
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    If there's really nothing to spend on that CX at$7500, and it has Diravi and C-matic, it's not an unreasonable price at all for the apparent condition. Pity it is so far away or I'd go and have a look and get into trouble.....
    Totally agree John, if it were closer I'd be tempted to have a look... but knowing Citroen enthusiasts, starting the bidding so high would deter many - (14 day auction).

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

That CX has Richo's name on it. It's needs to be upkept by somone that'll look after it the way it deserves. For starters get rid of the ugly wheels and put the correct ones back on ... then paint the top of the bootlid matt black. Get her looking as tidy and original as possible

I wonder why they haven't shown pictures of the door trims or steering wheel .............................

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    That CX has Richo's name on it. It's needs to be upkept by somone that'll look after it the way it deserves. For starters get rid of the ugly wheels and put the correct ones back on ... then paint the top of the bootlid matt black. Get her looking as tidy and original as possible

I wonder why they haven't shown pictures of the door trims or steering wheel .............................

seeya,
    Shane L.
    It's a manual Shane, Richo would be better off with a C-matic or fully auto.

Silly me, it's offered as 'Buy it now' for $7500.00 if the car isas described it should be worth every cent.

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Richo needs an Automatic, or a C-Matic.
    Left knee has too many years, bike crashes and titanium.

The Mt. Macedon car would be interesting if there were more details.

The Clunes car is too far away and for being restored in 2008 and now showing rust, needing work, etc., suggests neglect. More is the pity.

The real tempter, for a sick puppy like me is the manual car at Lightning Ridge, except you can see the dad door trims and possible rust in the drivers door bottom.
    Can't expect much for $1500, but they don't even reply to questions fora phone number and the seller isn't the owner.

I could own a really good CX C-Matic or auto and give it a loving home. Thanks for thinking of me fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by jackafrica View Post
    Richo needs an Automatic, or a C-Matic.
    Left knee has too many years, bike crashes and titanium.

The Mt. Macedon car would be interesting if there were more details.

The Clunes car is too far away and for being restored in 2008 and now showing rust, needing work, etc., suggests neglect. More is the pity.

The real tempter, for a sick puppy like me is the manual car at Lightning Ridge, except you can see the dad door trims and possible rust in the drivers door bottom.
    Can't expect much for $1500, but they don't even reply to questions fora phone number and the seller isn't the owner.

I could own a really good CX C-Matic or auto and give it a loving home. Thanks for thinking of me fellas.
    Richo (or anyboby else), if you are after a good automatic CX - La Maison De Citroen in Gayndah has got a good one for sale. Their standard of restoration is high and the car has been stored in the dry shed and under a dust cover.
    Details are on the citroenclubqld.org in For Sale section.
    CX Register

Icon12 Citroen BX 16 Valve (1989) 5D Hatchback 5 SP Manual

Citroen BX 16 Valve (1989) 5D Hatchback 5 SP Manual

Starting bid $600.00, 6 days to run, I have purchaced items from this seller with no problems at all.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Citroen-BX-16...item1e611f3420

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Quote: "Worth a mention... some would pay the asking for perfect door trims

Ambitious starting price at $7,500.00 with 13 day to run?

Citroen CX Pallas, 1976 Unique, 44,000 miles, all documented. Two owners only"

I remember bidding on this about 18 months ago. Sold for $4000 as I recall.

Page 3 of 77 First 12345671353 ... Last

Thread Information