Shed for the dead
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Icon6 Shed for the dead

Well finally I have got of my bony a**se and started the repository for the long long term maybe never projects to free up space for the new impulse buys the respite palliative care shed is rising amazing what you can do with a backhoe and a 30 tonne excavator the green shed is the sensible one to keep everyone happy

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shed for the dead-first-one.jpg   Shed for the dead-site-work.jpg   Shed for the dead-pad.jpg   Shed for the dead-pad2.jpg   Shed for the dead-shed-bits2.jpg  
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Fellow Frogger!

Mmm.. space for 2 or 3 daily drivers, 4 or 5 projects next door. Nice looking shed. In a dry area with a concrete floor, weatherproof almost a perfect place for old Cits. I'm thinking that many of us would love this sort of space and shedding

:happyrun: = doesn't look like the Aus-City smilies work here :sad:

Icon12 10 at the least

I recon that I can jam 10 hunks into the new shed then start stacking them for parts amazing a shed ordered from queens land then fabricated in WA costs 1/2 what the locals want but then I hav not tried the put it together yet
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Well that takes care of 4 cars ........ Now to build another shed that'll fit about 20cars

I can take one of your hoists off of you if there taking up to much space in your sheds too

BTW: don't just compare prices with sheds, take a look at there demo that's usually assembled. Garage World sheds for example appears vastly better built than the real cheapies. Take a look at the big brackets between the upright purlins, and the purlins that head up for the roof. I should take a piccie of my old mans shed and the shed here (there both less than two years old). This one is comparitively junk compared to his (not to mention he got 3metre high walls and 20degree roof pitch.... it makes the shed seem immense inside, plenty of room for a mezanine level).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Last edited by DoubleChevron; 1st November 2010 at 02:32 PM.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Shane this is just going to be cover for the wrecks and dreams dirt floor open front 10x18 3.5 walls I don't care as long as does not blow away

Machinary shed ?? 3.5 walls is really big ... You could probably recoupe some of your investment by storing caravans for people (most retiree vans need 3.5metre clearance these days... nearly all sheds doen't have the access height).

10 x18 is a brilliant size ... wish it was in my backyard If you squeezed 'em in, you could go 5 cars wide, and 3 cars deep (so 15 cars) .... with a few metres at one end for some pallet racking You would only want to get out the rear 5 cars though (depending on door positioning)

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Fellow Frogger!

Jeez, Archrival,

DO NOT FOLLOW ANY ADVICE SHANE PROPOSES RE SHEDS!

Otherwise you will end up with a workshop that matches Shane's, and possible problems with regulatory authorities, council planning requirements and neighbourhood action groups!

Not to mention in-house problems such as divorce proceedings, and the requirement of spending several years wages to hire heavy equipment removalist to transfer items if ever you have to move!

Please keep the above in mind,

An enviable

Fento

Quote Originally Posted by fento View Post
    Jeez, Archrival,

DO NOT FOLLOW ANY ADVICE SHANE PROPOSES RE SHEDS!

Otherwise you will end up with a workshop that matches Shane's, and possible problems with regulatory authorities, council planning requirements and neighbourhood action groups!

Not to mention in-house problems such as divorce proceedings, and the requirement of spending several years wages to hire heavy equipment removalist to transfer items if ever you have to move!

Please keep the above in mind,

An enviable

Fento
    How did you know ??? I didn't know you'd been to my place

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

There's probably a joke there, at your expense...

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    There's probably a joke there, at your expense...
    But, but, but .............................. He's right
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Note the country aspect and no address
    I have never got a biulding license and never intend to
    Just a dirt file on select local government employees license plate photo's outside local knocking shops and alike

Archrival love your work! Just need to install a REAL MAN'S (and for that point) WOMAN'S BBQ. The type that complete tree's are used in so a large dead animal can be roasted.

Shane I hope that it is possible to revive the 'Days of Our Lives' thread on your move as it was beyond priceless....(Shameless attempt to bring up my paraphrased Oscar Wilde quote!)

More power to your arms/backs and wallets boys!

Fellow Frogger!

A dirt floor should make the Citroens feel right at home..

"Built in a factory with a dirt floor by a bunch on disgruntled Algerians" .. or words to that effect ... attributed to a certain Jeremy Clarkson.

BBQ's at our place could be either very French or very Expensive it would be either old race horse , very special stud Dorper , maybe a pissed of Alpaca or maybe a neighbours Jumbuck then there are the feral cats , foxes or the odd rat lots to chose from something for everyone

Fellow Frogger!

Archrival -

Don't worry about the meat, what sort of booze are you likely to supply??

A thirsty Fento

there is a cellar with some fine reds and a selection of beer's for visitors sadly beer is poison for me

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL View Post
    there is a cellar with some fine reds and a selection of beer's for visitors sadly beer is poison for me
    There are some gluten-free beers around, and they're not bad. If gluten is the issue that is. Based on malted sorghum.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

Wine cellar sounds good to me.

(Memo to self - pack red wine glass, scrounge airline ticket, change of underwear, etc, - - - - )

Can Aus organise the Taddiespa et al as well?

Regards,

Thirsty Fento

Default Count me in!

Archrival, if your so inclined do tell us why "beer is poison" and the collective AF knowledge may help. I think it is the right thing to do as dying of thirst is a horrible thing!
    I'd of course pack a couple of Victorian Durif's, a few Rutherglen fortified's and an armful of quality whites....Viognier, Marsanne and even a thing that the Kiwi's seem to do better than the French, Sauvigon Blanc.
    Could even bring my own meat, does fresh DIY road kill count as I'm quite partial to 'Roo ? Horse isn't bad when rare but as a carpaccio with lemon and a small amount of herbs, grind of black pepper from a Peugeot mill then it is something else!
    (This will test some I'm sure.)
    Bon Appetite!

Quote Originally Posted by bluey504 View Post
    Archrival, if your so inclined do tell us why "beer is poison" and the collective AF knowledge may help. I think it is the right thing to do as dying of thirst is a horrible thing!
    I'd of course pack a couple of Victorian Durif's, a few Rutherglen fortified's and an armful of quality whites....Viognier, Marsanne and even a thing that the Kiwi's seem to do better than the French, Sauvigon Blanc.
    Could even bring my own meat, does fresh DIY road kill count as I'm quite partial to 'Roo ? Horse isn't bad when rare but as a carpaccio with lemon and a small amount of herbs, grind of black pepper from a Peugeot mill then it is something else!
    (This will test some I'm sure.)
    Bon Appetite!
    Rutherglen Durif!! You're an educated man. And the rest too.... I'm eyeing off the latest Stanton and Killeen catalogue as I type!

Back to topic. Shed looks great. Best to put a list on the door with the history of what is there so that someone can work it out in 30 years, as the tendency is for this things to accumulate and accumulate and...
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)

JohnW I didn't specify Rutherglen Durif's as my travels/stumbles have taken me further a field.
    Like the idea of the sign on the door, may have to include what was partaken. Just to stick it up 'em! just add red teeth!
    Ever tried a Pyrenees (Victorian) Pinot Noir, I think it is fantastic! Pity the winery is only going to use it in a sparkling, bloody crime IMHO!
    Definitely and a stunning .
    p.s. Thank you for the accolade!

Quote Originally Posted by bluey504 View Post
    JohnW I didn't specify Rutherglen Durif's as my travels/stumbles have taken me further a field.
    Like the idea of the sign on the door, may have to include what was partaken. Just to stick it up 'em! just add red teeth!
    Ever tried a Pyrenees (Victorian) Pinot Noir, I think it is fantastic! Pity the winery is only going to use it in a sparkling, bloody crime IMHO!
    Definitely and a stunning .
    p.s. Thank you for the accolade!
    But isn't Rutherglen the centre of the known universe? My R8 has been there from Perth and to Milawa from Adelaide! I've not tried a Pyrenees Pinot, but should probably try and find one. I guess if there are enough dead cars in a shed, there would be enough thermal inertia to store wines too.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL View Post
    Note the country aspect and no address
    I have never got a biulding license and never intend to
    Just a dirt file on select local government employees license plate photo's outside local knocking shops and alike
    Now, THAT'S the way to handle bureaucrats!

Fellow Frogger!

Yeah, Wiley,

And the airline would not let me take the Taddiespa (now matured back into the Toadpond) as cabin baggage.

Mongrels!!

Looks like the shed Christening party at Arch's place may have to wait.

Damn!!!!!

Sadly,

Fento.

Note to self: Start bulding a file on the local inspectors and plan checkers.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information