CitroŽn pronunciation
  • Register
  • Help

CitroŽn pronunciation

Just giving the poll thingy a workout wink

Advertisement

Original post by Craig

As I may have mentioned, we have a new CitroŽn dealer in Wollongong - Hooray. I am taking them to task on one matter though.

They are a combined Alfa, CitroŽn and Kia dealer, which makes sense as they have aligned themselves with the ATECO offerings. However a new ad on TV promoting the dealership, has the female anouncer proclaiming ***Alfa, Sitrun and Kia. Just called them and asked who I speak to about having the pronunciation changed to Sit-rown (as in the Sydney pron. of known) and got a bit of a stunned reaction. I left a message and will report back.

Interestingly, they do not say ay-l-fay, or key-ya and they are also Honda dealers in Nowra and do not say hoen-da, so I suppose I could expect that they would read the name correctly and apply the inflection indicated by the umlaut.

Or am I just being a picky mongrel??
    So the question we have is should we:
    (A) Educate the Dealer with the offending TV Ad
    (B) Educate people who own CitroŽns

<small>[ 31 May 2002, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: GreenBlood ]</small>
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Hi Craig, Greenblood, (& GibGib)

I voted in the poll - the voting worked OK, but it popped up an error window with this in the address line [javascript:void(0)], and the "Close Window" command does not seem to work - you can only close the window from the windows tools in the top RH corner - I am running IE 5.5.

Paul
    Paul Smith

1974 DS23 EFI BW Auto
    1974 G Special 1220

http://www.simplicitas.com.au

I voted and it didnt throw up an error. I think it may be explorer or your computer.

Paul Smith said
    I voted in the poll - the voting worked OK, but it popped up an error window with this in the address line [javascript:void(0)], and the "Close Window" command does not seem to work - you can only close the window from the windows tools in the top RH corner - I am running IE 5.5.
    Paul,

Take very careful note, I want you to shut your computer down immediately, close all the doors and windows and leave the building as quickly as you can, whatever you do don't look back!!

No actually I have no idea what is causing the error, it's working for me Gibgib is off the planet for a while so we'll just live with it.

Just checking out the poll thing 'cause it's a feature of the site we're not using. Guess I should have given the third option "Ask someone who cares" wink wink

First transverse inline six... hmm got me

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

UFO
    Greenblood

Good idea using the poll. I voted for the dealer as most people who own CitroŽns know how to say it.

BTW- this was the same dealer that had the print ad recently for Citreon...

I hope they're not watching this board.... Oops!

dead
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Craig Keller wrote
    BTW- this was the same dealer that had the print ad recently for Citreon...

I hope they're not watching this board.... Oops!
    Craig, I hope they are watching, could be problem solved, it's great that there is another dealer selling Citroen but if their ability to spell/pronounce is any indication of their ability to service our cars they may do more harm than good, or am I being too harsh!!

I can feel another poll coming on :p

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Gibgib is off the planet for a while so we'll just live with it."

Didn't go & visit that Pug mechanic they were talking about a while ago did he? eek! eek! clown blush eek!

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

nJm
    People do seem to get it wrong don't they approve

Mind you, I've had a few people I know asking me how my "Poo-Joe" is recently.
    evil
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Alan S:
    "Gibgib is off the planet for a while so we'll just live with it."

Didn't go & visit that Pug mechanic they were talking about a while ago did he?

Alan S
    Naah... but I do have a theory.... I think he may be on his way to Queensland... but driving two cars eek! gets in the Belingaaah drives two hundred metres.... walks back to the 405 drives four hundred metres.... walks back to the Belingaaaaaaaah you get the idea wink :p wink

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Thread Information