Xantia dashmat
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Xantia dashmat

Xantia dashmat

At last we have a Citroen, after about 40 years admiring them. Wonderful!!

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a moulded dashmat for a 1996 Xantia?

Many thanks.

Advertisement
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

1000+ Posts
    John,

I'm not exactly sure if anyone (in Australia anyway) makes dashmats for Xantias, but the company that supplies one of the big car parts chains (I think it's Auto One) makes customised ones. A friend of mine had one made for a Mitsubishi Mirage to fit around the airbags. Give that a go?

Hope that's of some help,
    Derek

Originally posted by DeKa:
    <STRONG>John,

I'm not exactly sure if anyone (in Australia anyway) makes dashmats for Xantias, but the company that supplies one of the big car parts chains (I think it's Auto One) makes customised ones. A friend of mine had one made for a Mitsubishi Mirage to fit around the airbags. Give that a go?

Hope that's of some help,
    Derek</STRONG>
    Thanks Derek. Just today, I found that the local manufacturer (Perth) will do a one-off dash mat for $100. They need the car for 4 hours. I'd say that's not a bad price all things considered.

Cheers

John W.

(P.S. Deeply in love with Xantia!!!)
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Tadpole

[QUOTE=JohnW;7179]Thanks Derek. Just today, I found that the local manufacturer (Perth) will do a one-off dash mat for $100. They need the car for 4 hours. I'd say that's not a bad price all things considered.

Could you please send me the details of this manufacturer, i need a dash mat for my 97 Xantia and will be in Perth in a couple of weeks.
    Thanks
    2011 Citroen DS3 Sport 1.6THP
    1997 Citroen Xantia Estate

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

[QUOTE=arunines girl;966611]
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Thanks Derek. Just today, I found that the local manufacturer (Perth) will do a one-off dash mat for $100. They need the car for 4 hours. I'd say that's not a bad price all things considered.

Could you please send me the details of this manufacturer, i need a dash mat for my 97 Xantia and will be in Perth in a couple of weeks.
    Thanks

You noticed this thread was 10years old right Your in luck though, 'cos John is still around, dunno about the manufacturer though.

seeya
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

You could try 'Dashmat Direct' (http://www.dashmatdirect.com.au/). While they only list current Citroen's on their website they may still have their pattens for the Xantia. They are located in Mariginiup, WA.

I bought dashmats for the C5 and C4 from them online and I am pleased with the product and their service.

Cheers,
    Anthony O'Brien
    2008 C5
    2007 C4
    2004 C5 Estate

Previous
    2003 C5
    2004 C2 (now with youngest son)
    2006 C2 (now with eldest son)

[QUOTE=arunines girl;966611]

Thanks
    Wow! That's a long break between comments.

I had our Xantia mat made by John Molloy Motor Trimmers at the north end of Oxford St Leederville. They hide behind a used car lot with a narrow lane down the side, heading west on the south side of the lot. Pete is the man - he's very, very good and did a stitched on leather cover for the tired CX steering wheel, and relined the inside of my Renault 4CV. I'm not sure whether they are still there, but the name is correct for the business last time I saw it.

I'm after a BX dashmat as it happens. Saw your recent posts............... Did we ever meet at Geoffrey's when a bunch of us were doing the clean-up job?
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Tadpole

thanks guys, i knew it was a long shot with a 10 year old thread but still worth a try i figured.
    I didnt go do the clean up at Geoffreys, had kids at home and they would have gotten in the way.
    2011 Citroen DS3 Sport 1.6THP
    1997 Citroen Xantia Estate

Fellow Frogger!

Are Xantia dashpads (including my Series 2) prone to warp or split?

As an aside, I was surprised how soft and thickly padded they are, especially in comparison eg to the dashtop of current-shape Holden Statesman which feels incredibly 'industrial' for a quasi luxury car - truly like it was sourced from Clarke Rubber or Rubbermaid.

I'd love to get some of those perspex Weathershields for the front doors of Xantia - preferably the more bulbous type - but haven't found anything, anywhere. Ever seen them? Do they exist?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Are Xantia dashpads (including my Series 2) prone to warp or split?

As an aside, I was surprised how soft and thickly padded they are, especially in comparison eg to the dashtop of current-shape Holden Statesman which feels incredibly 'industrial' for a quasi luxury car - truly like it was sourced from Clarke Rubber or Rubbermaid.

I'd love to get some of those perspex Weathershields for the front doors of Xantia - preferably the more bulbous type - but haven't found anything, anywhere. Ever seen them? Do they exist?

Thanks.
    Ours is good after 16 years but I'm careful regarding sun. I'd assume all dashboard tops will split as the default, and treat them with care accordingly.

The weathershields would have been a dealer item I presume, but the chances wouldn't be good now. If you find any, please let me know!

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Fellow Frogger!

Ours is good after 16 years but I'm careful regarding sun. I'd assume all dashboard tops will split as the default, and treat them with care accordingly.

The weathershields would have been a dealer item I presume, but the chances wouldn't be good now. If you find any, please let me know!

Cheers
    Thanks John for your feedback.

I spent a long afternoon on the web searching for the merest trace of Xantia shields, but no inkling anywhere for new or used. Naturally they are in-stock for popular everyday vehicles like Humber Vogue and Vanguard Spacemaster (and of course the 406) but not for us. There is a manufacturer in Brisbane which might do a custom order - doubtless at prohibitive cost for a small batch or singular - and they'd need a car to use as a template.

My wife is off to Europe in September and will have a look there. Apparently her Dutch parents had a new Xantia S1 with those 'slimline' items (better than nothing, I suppose) so I'll be sure to lob you a PM if she finds anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Thanks John for your feedback.

I spent a long afternoon on the web searching for the merest trace of Xantia shields, but no inkling anywhere for new or used. Naturally they are in-stock for popular everyday vehicles like Humber Vogue and Vanguard Spacemaster (and of course the 406) but not for us. There is a manufacturer in Brisbane which might do a custom order - doubtless at prohibitive cost for a small batch or singular - and they'd need a car to use as a template.

My wife is off to Europe in September and will have a look there. Apparently her Dutch parents had a new Xantia S1 with those 'slimline' items (better than nothing, I suppose) so I'll be sure to lob you a PM if she finds anything.

Thanks for that. Likewise, if I blunder into any.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Thread Information