Not so old wives tale...
  • Register
  • Help

Not so old wives tale...

So how much water can the spark wells on a D hold? I'll tell you, a drop more and you could sink a Titanic.

Advertisement

I was working on the beast on the weekend and it started to rain, I mean serious rain, I bolted indoors but neglected to drop the bonnet, got on with a few things that needed doing around the house and forgot about the car. So things clear up and I go out see the bonnet up and go oh s#*t, try to start the poor o'l thing and of course I've got two pots.. three pots.. two and so on. I lift the caps and pull the spark plug leads and can just about see the water. I start by trying to push a complete T-shirt down the wells, no good, I don't have a compressor so I thought hmm.. if I had some rubber hose I could suck it out.... sounds nasty would have tasted worse but.... I went indoors ranting and raving and dear wife asks whats wrong making a nice cuppa to calm me down, I explained and here's what she suggested, " why don't you unscrew the plunger off my spray and wipe put the pipe into the well and pump the water out darling", sounded too bloody easy, but it worked, it worked a bloody treat, I was able to get every last drop, fired up the beast and it ran on all four and didn't miss a beat. ya gotta love em.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Heee, hee,

good one!! Usualy I just pull the plugs, water runs into cylinders, get eyes/limbs everything out the way & crank the starter... Water exits in such haste it'd frighten the crap out of anyone not expecting it

seeya,
    Shane L
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

[Quote] I bolted indoors but neglected to drop the bonnet, got on with a few things that needed doing around the house and forgot about the car. So things clear up and I go out see the bonnet up

In the words of Derryn Hunch; Shame GreenBlood - Shame, Shame, Shame!!!

Get your priorities right son

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Yeah, done that in the past to Shane, but I'm a convert to spray and wipe from now on no spanners no fuss and you can direct exactly where you want the mess to go (into that T-shirt that wouldn't go into the spark plug well, wait till miss smarty pants gets that one in the wash) all over in a jiffy (need a little jingle to go with this one....)

Cheers
    Chris

[ 20 November 2001: Message edited by: GreenBlood ]
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

Hey Alan,

Your right of course, I should have thrown my body across the mowta, having a cuppa while Rome burns I don't know what I was thinking.

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Thread Information