And another - not a Cit though - but has potential...
  • Register
  • Help
    UFO

And another - not a Cit though - but has potential...

Well, we heard about Brad's adventure.

I was woken at 6.30 yesterday when Blair (my stepson) called to tell me that we were down a car as his Mum had just been hit by a "red light disobeyer" (not a runner - that makes it sound like a sport). INSTANT freak attack and diving out of bed to race down to intersection near railway station. Blair did tell me that Deb was OK though. And yes, I did remember to get dressed first!!

Advertisement

Anyway, dickbrain in his early 90's Landcrusher, was too impatient to wait for the green light and came through collecting the front of Deb's V6 Magna with the left side of his shitbox. One second later and I would be planning a funeral.

Anyway, looks like the Magna is a loss, and we hope it is. Only insured for $11k as it is a 93 model, so looks like Credit Union gets to give us a hand to maybe buy a Xsara.

I did have the thought last night though, that I could buy that CX Prestige and with the cash have it well and truly repaired. Didn't get a great reaction on that one. Amazing though as Deb has always wanted a CX and particularly a Prestige.

Deb is now starting to show some bruises and will be sore for a few more days yet.

What a day for car reshaping!
    black_ey
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Hi Craig,

so when does the DH that was driving the landcrusher get out of hospital Bet Deb gave him a good hiding evil Ang has a hell of a temper on her, I would have had to go down to pry her hands off the other guys throat if someone had hit her BX eek! eek! Especialy if was a 4wd driver, even more so a 4wheel drive driver that's a middle aged women in a brand new shiny, never been dirty wank tank

Those short people (like Ang) certainly are explosive :p :p Shit I hope she never reads this board tongue

The main thing to remember is everything is OK so long as no-one is hurt.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Craig & Deb, Glad to hear Deb wasn't hurt. If I was her, just at the moment I'd probably be thinking something with lots of airbags is high on the shopping list.
    Give Deb a week or two and there might yet be a Prestige in the driveway (if I don't decide I need another one first!).
    Two too many close shaves with 4WDers refusing to give way to my midget AX helped convince me to get out of it - when you see their bullbar centimetres away and aimed at your car's window height it gives you second thoughts about more than just demanding your right of way.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

UFO
    Would you believe they are going to rebuild the Magna - mongrels.

Deb liked the idea of the CX - but as HER hobby car. She still wants a day to dayer. I again suggested that to buy the prestige cheap and spend the diff between that and the rest of the insurance money (if they had written of Magna) we would have still been ahead.

Anyway....

frown
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information