Help required finding manufacture date of early CX Wagon
  • Help

Default Help required finding manufacture date of early CX Wagon

Well, my CX Wagon will be 30 years old this year - the problem is exactly when this year?

The Chassis Number is 00MD3055 and the chassis type is MA MD. I think it originally started life as a 2200 4 speed with power steering but now has a 2400 block with 2200 head and 5 speed transmission . Its rego falls due in July 2006 and I am hoping to convert it to the Historic category when it falls due this year. So I need to be able to convince the President of CCCQ that it was manufactured before July 1976.

To start the process, I do have some info on another CX wagon with chassis number 00MD5976 that was delivered to its owners in Zurich during December 1976.

Advertisement

Also, according to Citroenet, the CX wagons were only introduced during 1976.

Another interesting point is that both these wagons have links to Alice Springs -3055 came to me from Chateau Hornsby and 5976 was sold to Willie de Gunst in the Alice a couple out years ago.

So does anyone else have a manufacture or delivery date with chassis number for an early wagon?

Does anyone else know where to find out exactly when during 1976 that Citroen started making CX wagons?

Best Regards and thanks in anticipation,

Ken W
    Last edited by Ken W; 27th February 2006 at 05:15 PM.

UFO

Technically your car should not be allowed to be on historic rego as it is not original HOWEVER, it is only the likes of Jaguar (that's JagWAAAR dralink) clubs would/could be that anal.

I will forward info to our Club Plate Registrar for his research.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Our deisel wagon is a '76... To get to Australia to have a compliance plate fitted in '76, I imagine it's build date would have to be very early in the year... It usualy takes 1year for them to get here ???

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Hi Ken,

According to this if it DOESN'T have an ORGA number it will be before November 1976

http://www.citroen.mb.ca/organr.html

Paul
    Paul Smith

1974 DS23 EFI BW Auto
    1974 G Special 1220

http://www.simplicitas.com.au

UFO

Ken

Check your email.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Progress so far

Thanks Craig, I have the email which helps a bit.

Shane, does your Father know what month in 1976 your wagon was manufactured and do you know the chassis number. This is exactly the information I'm looking for.

My wagon doesn't have private import compliance plate as I don't think these became a requirement until the late 1980s. None of my private import cars have had a private import compliance plate. With this and Dave's BXGT, when we went to register them initially, we had to rely on evidence that both had been registered in Australia previously to get around this deficiency.

The wagon also doesn't have an ORGA number either, but then I have only been able to find those on about half the Citroens I've owned that should have had them.

So if anyone else knows someone with a 1976 CX Wagon, can you get them to post or email or send me some contact details so I can check out their cars?

Best Regards,

Ken W
    Last edited by Ken W; 27th February 2006 at 11:36 PM.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Hi Ken,

I'll have a look next time I'm down at my fathers place. No compliance plate Tell us about it, when my father first got the wagon, the bird up at VicRoads walked out, so there was no compliance plate "Can't be registered" and turns around to walk back inside, my father had to chase her demanding to know how on earth it's been registered in the country since it was imported hten (they only hire the most useless sacks of sh!t you'll ever find in Australia up at VicRoads... I think they must get the biggest deadheads from all the government offices no-one will work with and put them together up there ).

Anyway, he did get it registered, but one thing is for sure, you'd want to be bloody certain a cars been registered in the past (prefably have it's numberplates still on it) before buying a car without a compliance plate. The CX turbo has a compliance plate, but that's '96.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thread Information