C2
  • Help

Thread: C2

Tadpole

Default C2

I'm looking at buying a new C2. But am unsure about the seles-speed? Citroen dealer is about as much help as a hole in the head. Any comments?

Advertisement

Do a search on the forum for sensodrive. Been lots of talk about this.

Dave

Try before you buy and yes search this forum....

Quote Originally Posted by gazzaonapro
    I'm looking at buying a new C2. But am unsure about the seles-speed? Citroen dealer is about as much help as a hole in the head. Any comments?
    Just had delivery of my new 2006 VTR, very happy with all aspects of the car

Sensodrive on the 2006 model is fantastic, enjoyable to drive and economical

Do a search as i have posted pics and comments

The '06 is a great car

Dan

Tadpole

I've done 40,000K's in mine, no problems, just enjoyment, comfort, economy and lots of admiring looks.
    Black C2 VTR

DITTO

Cheers
    Tony - '04 C2 - Black
    '02 Triumph Sprint ST
    '05 Vespa PX200e

I am very happy with my C2 which I have now had for about 20 months, though I have only done 12,000 ks. Took it down to Canberra last week and had a great time on some of the twisty roads south of the city. the balance, grip and also comfort are quite exceptional.

I suggest you take a long test drive as the SensoDrive does not suit everyone. I have no problems with mine. I like the auto mode for driving in traffic and manual mode is good when you are going for it.

cheers,
    ColinHarry
    Vespa Granturismo 200

can I ask whether any of the C2 drivers on this thread [and who obviously have mastered the Sensodrive in the C2] can provide and assistance/help/advice in relation to the S'drive in a C3. It has become a thorn in my side and I would like to find some resolution to the whole sordid exercise......

Thanks

Rex
    C3Sydney

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...d=1#post313259

Quote Originally Posted by c3sydney
    can I ask whether any of the C2 drivers on this thread [and who obviously have mastered the Sensodrive in the C2] can provide and assistance/help/advice in relation to the S'drive in a C3. It has become a thorn in my side and I would like to find some resolution to the whole sordid exercise......
    Thanks
    Rex
    C3Sydney
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...d=1#post313259
    I guess most of what can be said on the SensoDrive subject has already been said elsewhere (in several places, probably!) on the forum.
    However, your description of the SensoDrive 'characteristics' in your Pluriel match those in our C2 almost exactly. . .coasting merrily through intersections and roundabouts with no drive whatsoever. . .horrific clutch shudder if you try to take off quickly - oh, and do you get the 'snow mode' problem as well?
    Happily (well, sort of happily) these problems have been solved, or at least lessened, in our case, with software updates for the computer that runs the SensoDrive system. Yes, it can still be a bit slow on the 1-2-1 change but it's certainly not dangerous any more.
    Did Citroen make any mention of the gearbox management software being up to date when they have checked the car out? Here in Perth, we almost came to blows with the dealer before they would believe our car needed updating. . .and then they tried to make it sound like their idea when they finally discovered that there were, in fact, required.
    The C2, and I'm sure the Pluriel and any other SensoDrive equipped Citroens are wonderful cars, and we'll be keeping ours but never, ever again will I buy a new Citroen or Peugeot through 'that' Perth dealership.
    I wonder if the software update requirement is the only way Citroen can force it's customers to have their cars serviced at the dealerships? I'd certainly be happy to change my own oil etc to avoid them. . .
    Peter and Sophia
    Jarrahdale, WA
    1970 ID19B

Thread Information