C4 speed limiter
  • Help

Default C4 speed limiter

According to the manual, the speed limiter is meant to cancel if you attempt to accelerate hard. But it doesn't. I've tried flooring it, changing down and flooring it, nothing....

Is this what others have found, or is it gone wrong. Its certainly potentially dangerous.

Advertisement
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie
    According to the manual, the speed limiter is meant to cancel if you attempt to accelerate hard. But it doesn't. I've tried flooring it, changing down and flooring it, nothing.
    I seem to remember reading that. Does it prevent you from accelerating past the set limit?

or can you accelerate past it but when you drop back below the set limit you are prevented from going beyond that speed under normal creeping?
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

I'm extremely happy with the speed limiter. I'd never used one before and I reckon it's so much better than cruise because you feel like you're still in control.

When the limiter is set for below your current speed you are free but as soon as you drop below you are locked in. If the limiter is set for above your current speed you are free till the limit. I've found that normal acceleration will not be enough to break the limit but more aggressive acceleration will certainly kick you out. By that I mean not even kickdown, just "more" aggressive style. Also I've found that going downhill can make you inadvertantly break the limit.

Really I've had no issues with this feature and genuinely think it's great. Maybe you should have yours checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulinqld
    I'm extremely happy with the speed limiter. I'd never used one before and I reckon it's so much better than cruise because you feel like you're still in control.

When the limiter is set for below your current speed you are free but as soon as you drop below you are locked in. If the limiter is set for above your current speed you are free till the limit. I've found that normal acceleration will not be enough to break the limit but more aggressive acceleration will certainly kick you out. By that I mean not even kickdown, just "more" aggressive style. Also I've found that going downhill can make you inadvertantly break the limit.

Really I've had no issues with this feature and genuinely think it's great. Maybe you should have yours checked out.
    Yeah I love the feature; especially in school zones. Also love the way the cruise and limiter can be set exactly to a numerical value. Superb bit of design.

Nonetheless, even mashing the accelerator very hard, or accelerating flat from a little below the limited speed doesn't permit the set velocity to be exceeded. A problem then. I'll get it checked. Thanks heaps .
    John

Tadpole

According to the manual, the speed limiter is meant to cancel if you attempt to accelerate hard. But it doesn't. I've tried flooring it, changing down and flooring it, nothing....

Is this what others have found, or is it gone wrong. Its certainly potentially dangerous.
    You must floor it and than give it one more push, you will feel something like you pushed the button behind the pedal

UFO

Do you have standard or non standard floor mats? Non standard mats are known to interfere with C5s and C3 throttle pedals and their sensors mounted nearby.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    Do you have standard or non standard floor mats? Non standard mats are known to interfere with C5s and C3 throttle pedals and their sensors mounted nearby.
    Good point.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Very good points; they are standard mats, correctly fitted. I'll try pushing harder next time I'm out and about. Thanks all
    John

Default C4 Speed limiter

As mentioned by UFO, if you have after market floor mats (especially rubber ones) covering the sensor under the accelerator you will definitely have a problem. The mats also affect the performance and smoothness of auto transmissions. The owner's manual for the new look C5 actually mentions this point. So, if you have after market mats make sure you pull them back or trim them in a way that the sensor is exposed.
    ROVING FROG

XTC

Trixie, have you seen what happens when you hit the rev limiter in the C4 ? (or is it an Auto?) It's very cool (the display, not the limiter bit).

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    Trixie, have you seen what happens when you hit the rev limiter in the C4 ? (or is it an Auto?) It's very cool (the display, not the limiter bit).

- xTc -
    You still get the effect on the auto you know. I have tried.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by XTC

- xTc -
    Very cute. And effective! Like the little red light on GT4
    John

Very cute. And effective! Like the little red light on GT4
    It's the C4's shift light.

Troy.

Thread Information