bx strut parts
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: bx strut parts

bx strut parts

hi..i theenk my bx creaky front strut is up for a rebuild...where do i get the parts?...

Advertisement

Stuart,

As much importance on what you need as there is on where you can get it.
    Parts from Martin Bray at Clarendon, South Australia. Delivery around 3 days to you I would guess.
    It supposedly comes in a kit, but often times these parts guys deny all knowledge of the kit. If you go to the link I have posted, it gives you the individual part numbers as well as a description on how to do the job.
    Before you bore headlong into it, how bad are they and as a clue it is possible to turn the shafts around 180 degres and get a good result sometimes. If it's just a bit creaky, don't worry about it. I personally reckon they all have a bit in there & you'll go insane trying to get rid of it all eek!

<a href="http://www.bx.citroen.org/m05/m05e.html" target="_blank">http://www.bx.citroen.org/m05/m05e.html</a>

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

UFO
    Stuart

Before you go rebuilding a strut or two (both probably should be done at the same time) try these couple of things:

1/ Are the low pressure return lines at the inside lower edge of the strut intact? You will see leaks if not, and these leaks prevent proper lubing of the top of the strut. Get new pipes and attach with largish jubilee clip.

2/ Pop the plastic cap off the top of the strut and pour "some" LHM down the hole. This also helps lube the top of the strut (probably 50ml max)

3/ Put the car through full height cycles a few times to ensure more strut lubing.

These may just save you some time and sanity.

(an ex BX driver)
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

thanks for the advice...I'm going to give it a while, as i've only had it for a week(and 1500kms), and only 85,000k on the clock, with very little use for the last few years,,,getting the info if it gets worse. Getting to know my 1st citroen(via 6 renaults, and 5 pugs)

Alan...got a contact for Martin Bray? Cheers

Here you go Stu,

Bray M & W
    19 Grants Gully Rd Clarendon 5157 (08) 8383 6207
    Mobile Service 0429 089 644

A few here are aware of & have dealt with him. Payment up front can be organised via bank transfer as the quickest option.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Thread Information