Pics of my new C2
  • Help
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Member C2VTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    42

    Default Pics of my new C2






    Advertisement

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    Great pictures!

    and congratulations on the new car!
    Tim

    2016 Lexus RX450h

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts TroyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,514

    Default

    Congratulations on your purchase. The new rims look nice.

    Got any pics of the interior? It would be nice to what changes have been made in the interior for the 2006 model.

    Troy.

  4. #4
    sans witticism SLC206's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North Parramatta
    Posts
    4,026

    Default

    Nice car, nice cat

    Got any interior shots? I wouldn't mind seeing if the head unit looks different from the older one.
    Regards,

    Simon

    2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

    www.peugeotclub.asn.au

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! 307FELINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Nice car and great pics

    Congrats
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What's the quickest way to become a millionaire? Borrow fivers off everyone you meet."
    - Richard Branson

    "He who allows himself to be insulted, deserves to be."
    - Pierre Corneille
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    2005 307 Sport

  6. #6
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    The C2 has to be one of the most underated small cars ... why would you pay $22K for a Ford Fiesta 1.6 Ghia Auto (yes the Ford has 5 doors not 3), when the C2 is $23K ?

    - xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney, southern suburbs
    Posts
    184

    Default

    if only they made a manual ... but that's just me!
    unfrogged (for now)

  8. #8
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 106 Rallye
    if only they made a manual ... but that's just me!
    They do in the UK ... VTS, can't see why they don't bring it here? Guess sales numbers don't add up.

    http://www.citroen.co.uk/c2vts/homep...pagetype=c2vts

    - xTc -

    [Edit] More

    http://www.citroen.co.uk/uploadpool/...Tech_Feb06.pdf
    Last edited by XTC; 15th February 2006 at 09:05 AM.
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts TroyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    The C2 has to be one of the most underated small cars ... why would you pay $22K for a Ford Fiesta 1.6 Ghia Auto (yes the Ford has 5 doors not 3), when the C2 is $23K ?

    - xTc -
    I think sensodrive dents the sale potential of the car.

    Troy.

  10. #10
    Good Sport danielsydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,918

    Default

    Are they wheel covers or alloy wheels? If they are covers how many inch are they im looking for some new ones for the C3 ? Fantastic pictures though.

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts TroyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Are they wheel covers or alloy wheels? If they are covers how many inch are they im looking for some new ones for the C3 ? Fantastic pictures though.
    They are alloys. Saw them on pictures of the updated C3 on the web somewhere. If they are the same size as the old ones then they will be 16" rims.

    Troy.

  12. #12
    Member C2VTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Thanks guys

    I am just getting used to my camera, new Pentax

    As for the car; i love it, turns heads, turns corners what more could you ask of the little bugger

    It is an unusual car to drive but i am more than used to it now, it's actually a pleasure to drive

    Interior pics will be up tonight okay

    Yes they are 16 inch "wheels" on 45 Series tyres

    Again, cheers for all the positive comments

    Dan

  13. #13
    CitroŽn, what else? smiffy1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bristol/England!
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 106 Rallye
    if only they made a manual ... but that's just me!
    They do, but unfortunately, not for Australia. Here in England, we get the
    1.1i multi-point popular with driving schools, as you can still get a full licence with this car. Then, there is a choice of either 1.4i senso, or 1.4i manual.
    For some reason, the senso car gets a slightly more powerfull engine!
    Next, there was the limited edition C2GT but that doesn't really count, as the production run was only 2000 cars. And finally for the petrol cars, the 1.6i C2VTS. All the diesels, are full manual. It is a pity that you guys down under don't get more choice! I wonder just what the difference between a new uk car, and a new oz car is, appart from the MPH speedo?
    Might make it worthwhile to buy here in england, as you wouldn't have to pay VAT @17.5%. (I don't know what the GST rate is over there....)
    john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts TroyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    I wonder just what the difference between a new uk car, and a new oz car is, appart from the MPH speedo?
    The importer has to spend a lot of money get each model complianced to the ADR's (Australian Design Rules). When your market is small the cost limits what models you bring in, so the importer will tend to go for the models and variants they think they will be able to sell the most of.

    Troy.

  15. #15
    Member Nil Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Altona, Vic
    Posts
    114

    Icon7 Nice Car

    Hello Dan;

    A very nice C2....and since I also have a black one, I am not biased at all!

    I saw the update version at the motor show, and the interior is pretty similar to my version...silver trim around the vents and centre console, and the LCD screen is larger, to display the trip computer data that is displayed under the speedo reading in my model. Also the SensoDrive looks different...no seperate button for auto that I could see.

    The new alloys look great - I like the Leopard alloys on my C2, but the new ones look better, IMHO.

    How about writing up a review of your thoughts after the first week of driving?

    Cheers
    Tony - '04 C2 - Black
    '02 Triumph Sprint ST
    '05 Vespa PX200e

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    44

    Default

    here is a link to the pics of the car you saw at the show.

    http://www.c2club.co.uk/index.php?na...ewtopic&t=3948

  17. #17
    Member C2VTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Time
    Hello Dan;

    A very nice C2....and since I also have a black one, I am not biased at all!

    I saw the update version at the motor show, and the interior is pretty similar to my version...silver trim around the vents and centre console, and the LCD screen is larger, to display the trip computer data that is displayed under the speedo reading in my model. Also the SensoDrive looks different...no seperate button for auto that I could see.

    The new alloys look great - I like the Leopard alloys on my C2, but the new ones look better, IMHO.

    How about writing up a review of your thoughts after the first week of driving?

    Cheers
    Will do, which is tonight!

    It's a week old tonight

    Cheers to to my new car

    I'll review it in one month

    Dan

  18. #18
    Good Sport danielsydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,918

    Default

    I love the updated speedo cluster. That looks really sharp. The same update has been done to the C3 with the silver around certain sections as these dashboards are very similar.

  19. #19
    Sans Pond. STALLED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    I had a ride in a mates C2 VTR the other day - Well what can I say, very impressed, besides me getting my finger caught in the window That was my stupidity though

    I think his car has had none of the software updates for the box yet I was so surprised as to how smooth and jerk free it was, overall I was impressed with Sensodrive - but that was me being the passenger?

    Love the 2006 wheels - make a great looking car look even better!

    Congrats on the car!

    Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

    2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

    1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

    2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

  20. #20
    1000+ Posts rustymunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A galaxy far far away....
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    mmm yes, nice looking car, shame about the manual though. Sensodrive sounds like it performs fine anyway. Car seems to go with the cat

  21. #21
    1000+ Posts n b j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    I love black pussies

    cute car.

    welcome to AF.

    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

  22. #22
    Member C2VTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustymunga
    mmm yes, nice looking car, shame about the manual though. Sensodrive sounds like it performs fine anyway. Car seems to go with the cat
    For more reasons than you think, her name is Paris

    Because it's the city we didn't visit on our last trip OS, this way we will always have Paris with us

    Dan

  23. #23
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney, southern suburbs
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    They do in the UK ... VTS, can't see why they don't bring it here? Guess sales numbers don't add up.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    They do, but unfortunately, not for Australia. Here in England, ...
    I know guys, I'm English! though even in the UK there is no manual option on the VTR ... puzzling. The GT is the one I fancied even more than the VTS as it is without the ESP thought police. I got tired of emailing Ateco about bringing them in and went and bought Japanese instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    Might make it worthwhile to buy here in england, as you wouldn't have to pay VAT @17.5%.
    Good(?) old Aussie rules, regs and restrictions make personal importing just too hard. It's a shame.
    Last edited by 106 Rallye; 16th February 2006 at 05:22 PM.
    unfrogged (for now)

  24. #24
    Fellow Frogger! John505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morwell, Victoria, Australia.
    Posts
    186

    Default

    C2VTR,
    Like others I compliment you on the pictures - obviously you are getting very handy with the Pentax!
    Black seems to be an increasingly popular colour - hope you like the heat & are well trained in washing the car.
    It would be interesting to get your feedback over time about how the sensodrive transmission works in the day to day - it is the only aspect that makes me cautious of switching from Peugeot to Citroen.
    John505

  25. #25
    Member C2VTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John505
    C2VTR,
    Like others I compliment you on the pictures - obviously you are getting very handy with the Pentax!
    Black seems to be an increasingly popular colour - hope you like the heat & are well trained in washing the car.
    It would be interesting to get your feedback over time about how the sensodrive transmission works in the day to day - it is the only aspect that makes me cautious of switching from Peugeot to Citroen.
    John505
    I'm getting better at using the camera, it's a Pentax optio S4i [the little pocket one]

    I'm about to get a Digital SLR too

    As for washing the car, i'm fairly anal with anything of mine, i have a new meguirs wash mit & seperate chamois, one for car panels one for wheels & engine bay

    As for the car heating up, no issues, i have an undercroft car park at the office and it's garaged under my main roof

    It's also getting the best quality tint money can buy here in Adelaide on March 4

    I'll keep everyone posted with the car itself as tomorrow it gets it's 2nd tank of petrol, i have started a new thread in relation to this issue

    Dan

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •