New C4 Variant.
  • Help

Thread: New C4 Variant.

Default New C4 Variant.

I was just looking through the Citroen Australia website when I noticed that they have introduced a new C4 variant along with the HDi. It's the C4 VTR 5 door. It runs the same 103 kW EW10A 2.0L that the Exclusive uses, excepts it's a manual. Look the specs section under "C4 VTR 2.0L"

http://www.citroen.com.au/cms/defaul...ticle&ID=11571

I've seen no mention of it's availability anywhere. Looks like something Citroen tried to slip through the back door.

Advertisement

Troy.

UFO

Media packs arrived in the post on Thursday. Mrs UFO is Editor of CCC NSW magazine. A quiet announcement though - yes.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

*stabs self in the gut

why?!?!?! why now?!?!??!!!
    C4 Exclusive 2.0l Blanc Banquise

Quote Originally Posted by sim0n
    *stabs self in the gut

why?!?!?! why now?!?!??!!!
    Yeah, they are about 6 months too late.

Troy.

Does the 2.0 VTR have a different suspension set up to that of the Executive?

One more thing - can the Executive be bought in Manual in Europe or other markets?

To me personally - there isnt much of a price difference/spec difference between the Exec and the VTR - just seems like a different flavour of the same product?

Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED
    To me personally - there isnt much of a price difference/spec difference between the Exec and the VTR - just seems like a different flavour of the same product?
    There seem to some trim differences, it has the wheels from the VTS. Perhaps they are pitching as sportier model (trim wise) to the Exclusive. I think the gearbox difference is worth it alone.

I think calling the VTR is a bit odd though. It's not the same spec as the 3 door VTR (it is better specced), so why use the same designation as the lesser model?

Troy.

moosey

It has the VTS wheels, VTS lower front spoiler and VTS style cloth trim. Leather pack is an option as per the Exclusive. The spec is basically as per the VTR+ in the UK. I guess they could've called it Rallye or something like that but looks like they went for something akin to the UK model. It looks pretty good value at $4K less that the auto.

Quote Originally Posted by moosey
    It has the VTS wheels, VTS lower front spoiler and VTS style cloth trim. Leather pack is an option as per the Exclusive. The spec is basically as per the VTR+ in the UK. I guess they could've called it Rallye or something like that but looks like they went for something akin to the UK model. It looks pretty good value at $4K less that the auto.
    Yeah, I had a look at one at Allpikes yesterday, this one had leather. It had just arrived so it was sitting way out of the back and still had the trim wrapped in plastic, so I didn't have a chance to have a detailed look, but it looked nice from what I saw. They have released that spec in first place.

Troy.

Tadpole

I am a little annoyed that they had no mention of the 2.0 manual last year when I bought my C4 SX. As it happened, I specified my SX up to a level that nearly equates to a standard VTR 2.0 manual (climate control and front fog lights) but I estimate that my car works out about $1,500.00 cheaper on road than the 2.0 would be.
    Getting the car was a saga. The dealer told me that the climate control was not available on the SX. I politely pointed to the brochure which said it was available as an option. He made some enquiries and found out you could get it, but only as a special order. Proceed, I told him. I also ordered the front fog lights, which were dealer fit. When it came to the dealer doing the fitting they found that the factory had not installed the wiring for the foglights, so I ended up with no foglights and a refund of $650.00.
    I suspect my car confused everyone when it was being ordered as it ended up with automatic wipers which are not an option on the SX.
    Had I have known about the VTR, I think I would have bought it over the SX and paid the extra $1,500.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Surditas
    I am a little annoyed that they had no mention of the 2.0 manual last year when I bought my C4 SX.
    I am annoyed also.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Surditas
    I am a little annoyed that they had no mention of the 2.0 manual last year when I bought my C4 SX. As it happened, I specified my SX up to a level that nearly equates to a standard VTR 2.0 manual (climate control and front fog lights) but I estimate that my car works out about $1,500.00 cheaper on road than the 2.0 would be.
    Getting the car was a saga. The dealer told me that the climate control was not available on the SX. I politely pointed to the brochure which said it was available as an option. He made some enquiries and found out you could get it, but only as a special order. Proceed, I told him. I also ordered the front fog lights, which were dealer fit. When it came to the dealer doing the fitting they found that the factory had not installed the wiring for the foglights, so I ended up with no foglights and a refund of $650.00.
    I suspect my car confused everyone when it was being ordered as it ended up with automatic wipers which are not an option on the SX.
    Had I have known about the VTR, I think I would have bought it over the SX and paid the extra $1,500.00.
    Our SX has automatic wipers. They are listed on the Citroen site as being standard on the SX now, although I recalled thinking they weren't originally.
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

Thread Information