Is this for real
  • Help

Default Is this for real

CITROEN CX 25 GTI PRESTIGE TURBO 2 .VERY RARE.
    Very rare spec only 6 built. Item number: 4610913762

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this for real-6d_12_sb.jpg   Is this for real-64_12_sb.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Fellow Frogger!

Is it for real in what way ?

The existence of the car, or the claim that there are only 6 of that spec ?

The car looks real enough, but I find the claim of only 6 made hard to believe.

The guy at Cats Citroen had a CX 25 GTI Prestige turbo 2 as well, (silver grey - I still have the pictures) so thats 2. Also many of the ones sold by "CX Auto" in the US looked like they were prestige turbo 2's as well.

Can anyone else think of any others ?

Regards,
    Simon
    1998 Xantia Mk2 V6 Auto Exclusive

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Hi guys,

I think he's correct. There is only six RIGHT HAND DRIVE CX turbo prestiges in existance .... ever made.

There is obvioulsy many, many more LHD Turbo Prestiges though

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

I actually think I remember reading somewhere that there were 9 made for the Australian market but due to some stuff up they ended up getting stuck in the UK.
    That car has been on & off eBay UK for a few weeks now and seems to keep disappearing as if sold and then reappearing with a higher reserve price.
    From a UK board, someone who's seen it reckons it's apparently not as good as it sounds.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Icon11 Lucky

Its a good job that its so far away and that I still have some faint memories of UK rustosis from the T2 but so cheap
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

UFO

The rarity factor here is that it is a Series 2 (eg Turbo 2) AND a Prestige AND in RHD.

IIRC, the so called Aussie Prestiges were Series 1 and they were done with that yucko 70s vinyl roof. I have seen that info too but cannot recall where.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

IIRC the non-delivered Aussie Prestiges were 85 or 86 models - ie coincided with the changeover of distributor in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL
    Its a good job that its so far away and that I still have some faint memories of UK rustosis from the T2 but so cheap
    It's not going to be that cheap I assure you! I reckon the car could go for about £4000 or AU$9400 Then, the car will need a thorough clean, as in my opinion it is filthy! the inside of my GTi turbo is FAR cleaner than that!!
    Next, where are the rear spats, the car looks wrong without them, especially the prestige model.
    That said however, I would have it if I had the cash, as even I know just how rare it is. Strangely, I have a brand new exhaust for it in stock!
    For those of you who don't know, the prestige models, were all but HANDBUILT.
    john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    The rarity factor here is that it is a Series 2 (eg Turbo 2) AND a Prestige AND in RHD.

IIRC, the so called Aussie Prestiges were Series 1 and they were done with that yucko 70s vinyl roof. I have seen that info too but cannot recall where.

I saw a Blue RHD Prestige Turbo CX in Japan last year. It didn't have a vinyl roof, so may have been a series 2? I could find out more if anyone is interested.

Paul in Canberra

1974 DS Safari (aka Sophie Safari)
    1972 SM (aka Simone, aka S'Moan)
    Subaru WRX

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    It's not going to be that cheap I assure you! I reckon the car could go for about £4000 or AU$9400 Then, the car will need a thorough clean, as in my opinion it is filthy! the inside of my GTi turbo is FAR cleaner than that!!
    Next, where are the rear spats, the car looks wrong without them, especially the prestige model.
    That said however, I would have it if I had the cash, as even I know just how rare it is. Strangely, I have a brand new exhaust for it in stock!
    For those of you who don't know, the prestige models, were all but HANDBUILT.
    john s
    $9400aud would probably make it the cheapest GTi Turbo in Australia .... even without the rareness factor ....................... Pitty it's not out here ....... It'd already be parked in my shed for that price .... And I'd be working a 2nd job to pay it off ]

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Believe it or not, the £4000 price tag I suggested is near the top end of what a CX can fetch here in england, and even then, it has to be exeptional.
    Normally, the GTi turbo goes for between £1500 - £2000. I paid £1200 for mine....(then 8 weeks later wrote it off ) Prestige models can go for £3500 for a nice example, but as for the prestige turbo, well as they are so rare, it's a bit of an unknown. I think it needs to be bought by a true enthusiast, who has some money to throw at it. It's a nice car already, but it could be better, with some love and attention. I've only ever seen 2 others, one left, and one right hand drive. john s

Come to think of it, if any of you guys is seriously interested in it, you buy it, and I can look after it for you in a secure shed until you arrange shipping to Oz. Shipping is about £800, but GST and other local requirements are entirly up to you!!! Avonmouth, or southampton is the usual port for shipping here in the uk
    john s

Default No Aussie Prestiges!!!!!

I checked with Jim Reddiex, and as I though there were never Aussie Prestiges built for Australia and not delevered!!!!!!! Jim says that the Prestige was never an option for Australia. Maxim Motors were the Australian Citroen Concessioneers at the time.

The last CX 25's to come to Australia were GTI's built to Saudia Arabia Specs (with Swedish Antipollution), as this was the closest to match Australian Design Rules. The decision to swith to GTI's from the previous Pallas's was because Saudia Arabia took only small batches of CX's and they were GTI, so it better suited Citroen to build the Aust cars also as GTI's.

The originans of the LWB CX's in the UK is a bit of a mystery, bot the certantly weren't an Australian order.

Greg
    PUTTY

Thread Information